Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fornette traded?

I really don't expect us to move Fournette at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This past weekend I thought I saw Fournette playing in an AAF football game. Nope, it was Trent Richardson....they just play alike.

(02-16-2019, 06:14 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I really don't expect us to move Fournette at all.

Agreed.

I could see him packaged to move up in the draft
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2019, 08:25 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Only way I'd trade Fournette is for Foles, to trade up in the draft (because we believe Haskins is the answer) or if someone offers a 2nd or better.

Maybe for Mullens too

Did anyone actually do the math? From what I could tell, it would only cost 9 million for the Eagles to acquire Bortles and Fournette. It would cost the Jaguars 11 million, plus Foles salary (but that's still cheaper than what they were going to spend). 9 million seems like nothing for a starting RB and backup QB. Then again, I am not convinced I looked at the numbers the right way.

(02-16-2019, 08:19 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I could see him packaged to move up in the draft

Did you see how bitter the locker room was for trading Dante? 

And you think trading our best RB in years (injuries included, he's been the most productive since MJD) wouldn't lead to issues?

(02-16-2019, 06:49 PM)ATLjag Wrote: This past weekend I thought I saw Fournette playing in an AAF football game.  Nope, it was Trent Richardson....they just play alike.

Fournette doesn't play.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2019, 08:35 PM by continuous.)

Off topic but are we really letting Yeldon walk? I still like him and Grant

(02-17-2019, 08:35 PM)continuous Wrote: Off topic but are we really letting Yeldon walk?  I still like him and Grant

Dude clearly wants free agency 

Grant they can still get affordably due to injury, but will he be the same?

(02-17-2019, 08:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 08:35 PM)continuous Wrote: Off topic but are we really letting Yeldon walk?  I still like him and Grant

That's the kicker with Grant. Will he have that sudden acceleration after this? If so, sign him up ASAP.

Yeldon is gone 100%.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 12:27 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

(02-17-2019, 08:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 08:19 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I could see him packaged to move up in the draft

Did you see how bitter the locker room was for trading Dante? 

And you think trading our best RB in years (injuries included, he's been the most productive since MJD) wouldn't lead to issues?

If he wasn't always injured and acted like the leader a captain is supposed to be, I would agree. But he hasn't produced enough for them to put up with all of it. And he's not on MJD level yet... nowhere near Freddy T.

Also, if the team folds because of players traded, then they get what they get. Plain and simple.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-17-2019, 08:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

It's likely that Grant wont be the same after his injury..

https://twitter.com/btrossler/status/109...8105935878

Cmon now, let's be realistic here. Richardson couldn't hit a wide open hole big enough for a tractor-trailer, Fournette is still a good RB. Yes 2018 was a big disappointment, but he was hurt most of the year, and nothing went right for the whole team all year.

When he did play he did look a tad slower and much more hesitant, but the odds werent in his favor. Look how he dominated the Steelers even though they knew we were going to run every dang play. We had NO passing game whatsoever. Oppositions knew Blake wouldn't have more than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball with our walk on level OLine, and if they did manage to give him time it was going to either be off-target, underthrown, or bounce off of our G's helmet.

If we did trade Fournette I would completely understand, but it's not for his lack of talent. If Fournette could get his attitude in check and grow up he can still be an elite back.

Anything that could go wrong last season did, and I dont think you can grade him off of last year. Put him with a healthy oline and an effective passing game with either Foles or Haskins, then you see how well he does.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES