Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why didn't we draft Derek Carr

Can you imagine how much better the Jags would be right no?. Between him its like comparing Peyton Manning to David Garrard when it comes to Bortles.

Jags will be drafting another Qb in 2018

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Okay

No Fun

Did you advocate taking Derek Carr with the 3rd overall pick?  Like... ever?  Hindsight is 20/20.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Jags fans don't deserve Bortles. He will leave for a real market with real fans in a few years. Don't worry. You heard it here first.

This message board attracts some of the weirdest people.

Huh

Carr plays in front of one of the best OLs in football. I'd like to see how he does behind our OL. That being said, Carr is an outstanding QB and would have been a great pick at #3.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I'm interested to see what Allen will look like next year after Henne moves on. 

Let the kid play some.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

lol

Quote:Jags fans don't deserve Bortles. He will leave for a real market with real fans in a few years. Don't worry. You heard it here first.

From one extreme to the other.  What a couple of boneheads.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Can you imagine how much better the Jags would be right no?. Between him its like comparing Peyton Manning to David Garrard when it comes to Bortles.

Lol!

Quote:Jags fans don't deserve Bortles. He will leave for a real market with real fans in a few years. Don't worry. You heard it here first.

Double Lol!

Quote:From one extreme to the other. What a couple of boneheads.

JAGANTIUS and spacecoastjag need their own thread to have a one on one, open-minded conversation about all things Bortles.

Quote:JAGANTIUS and spacecoastjag need their own thread to have a one on one, open-minded conversation about all things Bortles.

I'm convinced spacedoutjag is Bortles' mother. He can do no wrong. The sun orbits Blake.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If we pulled the Raiders(trading up in the 2nd for Carr) and got Mack in the 1st/Carr in the 2nd this team would be a lot better. Carr is a better QB than Bortles right now. If you have Carr in at QB vs Baltimore you win that game and are sitting at 2-2.

Bortles looks like he will be a middle of the road QB, a bootleg/mobile QB who can't read a defense consistently and make good decisions in the pocket. He won't throw for over 30 TDs again imo. I was a big fan of Blake and thought he would blow up this year, before knowing his mechanics were not his focus at all apparently.

If he does not completely own the fact that he needs to work on his mechanics more than anything else then he will bust out of the league quick, if he masters a new throwing motion(rarely ever happens on a consistent basis) he can be good, 2015 proved that. I just don't think he will. Groom Allen, and keep an eye in the upcoming draft(s) for a replacement. 

Quote:Carr plays in front of one of the best OLs in football. I'd like to see how he does behind our OL. That being said, Carr is an outstanding QB and would have been a great pick at #3.
Or... We could do what the Raiders did. Draft Mack and take Carr in the 2nd, we could have easily traded up a few spots and got them both like the Raiders did. Raiders have their QB and are 4-1. We are 1-3. Passers and pass rushers. 

Quote:Bortles won't throw for over 30 TDs again imo.

Yes he will.

What a lot of people fail to realize is, in today's league, 30 TD and about 3700 - 4200 yds is about the "norm" for QBs (as long as they stay healthy and play 16 games).

2TD per game is 32.

250yds per game is 4000.

Did you see all the QBs this past week who were throwing 300yds+ and 2TD+ ?

There were a lot of them.

It's the new norm, seriously.

I love stirring up the Bortles fanboys. Statistically he not much better than #11 that used to play here. 

Oh come on...he's better than Reggie Williams!

Quote:I love stirring up the Bortles fanboys. Statistically he not much better than #11 that used to play here.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I love stirring up the Bortles fanboys. Statistically he not much better than #11 that used to play here. 

Sounds like this guy just admitted to trolling....interesting strategy, announcing it for the world to see.

Quote:Can you imagine how much better the Jags would be right no?. Between him its like comparing Peyton Manning to David Garrard when it comes to Bortles.

[Image: 1050.gif]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...