Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why didn't we draft Derek Carr

Quote:Can you imagine how much better the Jags would be right no?. Between him its like comparing Peyton Manning to David Garrard when it comes to Bortles.

Jags will be drafting another Qb in 2018.
Bruh, Please grow up because you're clearly not a fan of this team so be a grown up and find something better to do with your time. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why didn't the Jags draft Brady?  Rodgers?  Suggs?  Rice?  Montana?  Unitas?  Sanders!?

Huh

Quote:Jags fans don't deserve Bortles. He will leave for a real market with real fans in a few years. Don't worry. You heard it here first.

lol nobody gives a damn what you think.

Bortles has a higher chance of being someone's backup that leaving us and becoming and awesome QB somewhere else.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Man I'm trying to think, was there anyone on this board who thought Carr was great and advocated for Mack in the first and Carr in the second?

Oh yeah.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Why didn't we draft Lebron

Quote:Man I'm trying to think, was there anyone on this board who thought Carr was great and advocated for Mack in the first and Carr in the second?

Oh yeah.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there, hoss. :-p

Seriously though, good job.

Quote:Why didn't we draft Lebron
As you know, Lebron James plays basketball. So we could not draft him.

#JDUB

Quote:As you know, Lebron James plays basketball. So we could not draft him.

#JDUB
I blocked her, I'm now cancer free.

Quote:Man I'm trying to think, was there anyone on this board who thought Carr was great and advocated for Mack in the first and Carr in the second?

Oh yeah.
I don't know that anyone thought he was going to be as good as he is, but we were consistently being mocked to take Mack at 3 and then a lot had us taking Carr in 2nd. We had Carr at the sr. bowl and I recall hearing how much the Jags liked him, so it wasn't un-heard of at all. The only mention Carr usually got was the argument out of TMD that he was going to be horrible because of his Brother and the name. :/

Quote:I don't know that anyone thought he was going to be as good as he is, but we were consistently being mocked to take Mack at 3 and then a lot had us taking Carr in 2nd. We had Carr at the sr. bowl and I recall hearing how much the Jags liked him, so it wasn't un-heard of at all. The only mention Carr usually got was the argument out of TMD that he was going to be horrible because of his Brother and the name. :/
I remember watching film and he looked like Gabbert when there was descent pass rush. Raiders have a great oline so he is playing great. But once someone on that line goes down and pass blocking suffers then we will see how good Carr really is.

Quote:Jags fans don't deserve Bortles. He will leave for a real market with real fans in a few years. Don't worry. You heard it here first.

You're the guy that's BFF's with Blake, right?

Quote:I remember watching film and he looked like Gabbert when there was descent pass rush. Raiders have a great oline so he is playing great. But once someone on that line goes down and pass blocking suffers then we will see how good Carr really is.

I would definitely be interested to see how Blake would play behind that line and with a decent running game. Usually, like in the Indy game, when we can run Blake looks 100x better. I doubt that's coincidence.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Anyone that compares Blake to Gabbert is more than welcome to start rooting for the Browns.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2016, 09:19 AM by jagherd.)

Quote:I remember watching film and he looked like Gabbert when there was descent pass rush. Raiders have a great oline so he is playing great. But once someone on that line goes down and pass blocking suffers then we will see how good Carr really is.
That's the case with any/every QB. If the O-line protects well, the QB is pretty good. If the O-line isn't good, the QB struggles.

Andrew Luck this year behind that atrocity of an O-line,, lol.

Eli Manning had some tough years when their O-line was weak.

Even Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben had "down" seasons when they were running for their life behind a weak O-line.

I like Blake and hope the coaching staff doesnt totally kill him, with that said yes I would have totally drafted Carr in the 2 round. I didnt want to really trade up for him tho. Nor did I want to take him in the first.

Quote:If we pulled the Raiders(trading up in the 2nd for Carr) and got Mack in the 1st/Carr in the 2nd this team would be a lot better. Carr is a better QB than Bortles right now. If you have Carr in at QB vs Baltimore you win that game and are sitting at 2-2.

Bortles looks like he will be a middle of the road QB, a bootleg/mobile QB who can't read a defense consistently and make good decisions in the pocket. He won't throw for over 30 TDs again imo. I was a big fan of Blake and thought he would blow up this year, before knowing his mechanics were not his focus at all apparently.

If he does not completely own the fact that he needs to work on his mechanics more than anything else then he will bust out of the league quick, if he masters a new throwing motion(rarely ever happens on a consistent basis) he can be good, 2015 proved that. I just don't think he will. Groom Allen, and keep an eye in the upcoming draft(s) for a replacement.
Lol. Keep on bibbing!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I like Blake and hope the coaching staff doesnt totally kill him, with that said yes I would have totally drafted Carr in the 2 round. I didnt want to really trade up for him tho. Nor did I want to take him in the first.

Looking back....I would have drafted Carr in the first round.

Sprinkles makes Carr into Henne and Mack into Huey Richardson.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Can you imagine how much better the Jags would be right no?. Between him its like comparing Peyton Manning to David Garrard when it comes to Bortles.

Jags will be drafting another Qb in 2018

Pretty simple really. 

They knew the QB they drafted would have a crap O-Line for at least two years and take a bunch of hits. 

Hate on Blake all you want, but he's pretty tough.  Carr wouldn't have held up. 

Quote:Hate on Blake all you want, but he's pretty tough.  Carr wouldn't have held up. 
Well that's conjecture to the highest level.