Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Hockenson

(02-23-2019, 12:32 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Hockenson is the safest pick on offense in the draft. Metcalf may have the highest ceiling, but he carries much more risk due to his injury history. Unless they love one of the offensive tackles like Williams, Hockenson would be a great choice. As was already mentioned, Foles likes throwing to his tight ends and he would immediately utilize Hockenson as a safety net. His blocking skills would be very useful in helping Fournette rebound next season. Add in someone like Lindstrom (another safe pick) in round 2 and the running game should become enough of a threat to maximize Foles' chance of success.

Agreed

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not only would that be 2 of the safest picks it will be our 2 biggest needs if we sign Foles. TE and RG is the 2 positions we don't have a starter at.

(02-23-2019, 12:32 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Hockenson is the safest pick on offense in the draft. Metcalf may have the highest ceiling, but he carries much more risk due to his injury history. Unless they love one of the offensive tackles like Williams, Hockenson would be a great choice. As was already mentioned, Foles likes throwing to his tight ends and he would immediately utilize Hockenson as a safety net. His blocking skills would be very useful in helping Fournette rebound next season. Add in someone like Lindstrom (another safe pick) in round 2 and the running game should become enough of a threat to maximize Foles' chance of success.

I don't think there's any chance Lindstrom will still be on the board during our 2nd round pick. Dude screams day 1, plug and play starter for the next 10 years imo. I think he's going in the 1st round for sure.

But I agree, if he's still there at our pick, they need to run that card to the podium instantly.

(02-23-2019, 04:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I don't think there's any chance Lindstrom will still be on the board during our 2nd round pick. Dude screams day 1, plug and play starter for the next 10 years imo. I think he's going in the 1st round for sure.

But I agree, if he's still there at our pick, they need to run that card to the podium instantly.

Hockenson and Lindstrom wouldn't be the 2 sexiest picks but possibly the 2 picks that could get help get this offense on track?

(02-23-2019, 05:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 04:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I don't think there's any chance Lindstrom will still be on the board during our 2nd round pick. Dude screams day 1, plug and play starter for the next 10 years imo. I think he's going in the 1st round for sure.

Hockenson and Lindstrom wouldn't be the 2 sexiest picks but possibly the 2 picks that could get help get this offense on track?

Haskins 1, Lindstrom 2, TE and WR in the 3rd.

I wish lindstrum would drop to the second
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(02-23-2019, 04:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I'd say there's a greater than 50-50 chance he will be there at pick 37. The following offensive linemen have a very good chance of being taken ahead of him:

Jonah Williams
Jamaal Taylor
Andre Dillard
Cody Ford
Dalton Risner
Greg Little

Most of these guys either play tackle or can play multiple positions on the line. True guards (which Lindstrom is) are typically not as highly regarded as tackles or swing players and that is why I believe he'll still be on the board in round 2 for the Jags. Defense is definitely going to dominate the 1st round and when you add in the likelihood of 3 quarterbacks being taken in round 1 Lindstrom should be there. If he's not, I'd be inclined to take any of the above except Little in round 2- although we know Williams, Taylor and Ford will be guaranteed 1st rounders.

(02-23-2019, 10:41 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 04:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I don't think there's any chance Lindstrom will still be on the board during our 2nd round pick. Dude screams day 1, plug and play starter for the next 10 years imo. I think he's going in the 1st round for sure.

I'd say there's a greater than 50-50 chance he will be there at pick 37. The following offensive linemen have a very good chance of being taken ahead of him:

Jonah Williams
Jamaal Taylor
Andre Dillard
Cody Ford
Dalton Risner
Greg Little

Most of these guys either play tackle or can play multiple positions on the line. True guards (which Lindstrom is) are typically not as highly regarded as tackles or swing players and that is why I believe he'll still be on the board in round 2 for the Jags. Defense is definitely going to dominate the 1st round and when you add in the likelihood of 3 quarterbacks being taken in round 1 Lindstrom should be there. If he's not, I'd be inclined to take any of the above except Little in round 2- although we know Williams, Taylor and Ford will be guaranteed 1st rounders.

That is definitely true historically, but after how much an impact Q. Nelson had for the Colts offensive line as an pure OG, I suspect someone will overvalue him.

(02-23-2019, 11:10 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 10:41 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd say there's a greater than 50-50 chance he will be there at pick 37. The following offensive linemen have a very good chance of being taken ahead of him:

Jonah Williams
Jamaal Taylor
Andre Dillard
Cody Ford
Dalton Risner
Greg Little

That is definitely true historically, but after how much an impact Q. Nelson had for the Colts offensive line as an pure OG, I suspect someone will overvalue him.
Nelson was regarded as the best OG prospect ever.

No one thought Hernandez would be around for the Jags at pick 29 but he fell to the 2nd round.

I think Lindstrom could fall and if he does, expect a trade up which is typical of Caldwell in the 2nd.

The Hernandez analogy is a good one. As far as trading up in the 2nd, Caldwell definitely has a history of doing this. In both cases, it turned out to be a good decision although I guess the jury is still out on Robinson and Jack. Since they no longer have a 5th rounder, they may be hesitant to do this. If they also end up having to give the Eagles a 3rd rounder for Foles, they'll probably just hope Lindstrom falls to them. By the way, I wanted them to take Hernandez in the 1st last year and Bryan's rookie season did nothing to make me change my mind.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 03:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like Lindstrom but I liked Hernandez more. I think there is a good chance Lindstrom is there and if one of the tackles like Taylor or Little falls I would take either over Lindstrom.

Like one said, I think this draft will be super defensive heavy in the first

(02-24-2019, 03:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I like Lindstrom but I liked Hernandez more.  I think there is a good chance Lindstrom is there and if one of the tackles like Taylor or Little falls I would take either over Lindstrom.

Like one said, I think this draft will be super defensive heavy in the first

That’s the hope. If everyone gobbles up the defensive talent in the first few rounds maybe some of the top offensive talents can drop to us in the 2nd and 3rd. Someone like Arcega-Whiteside in the third for example.

Trade down..........TE Hockenson #1, BAP O-Line/MLB, TE Nuata #3, QB Grier #3, FS Nasir Adderly/BAP RB #4, DAAAANG!!

Not sure what we get for trade down, but whatever! (Maybe another #2)

1-TE Hockenson
2-TE Fant
2-BAP O-Line/MLB
3-QB Grier
3-BAP RB
4-FS Adderly
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Team Fant > Hockenson assemble

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...5233048576

Howard was like both in one. Insane athlete that Fant is + the top shelf blocker that Hockenson is. And we wound up with 3.4nette...sigh.

(03-02-2019, 01:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: Team Fant > Hockenson assemble

Play on the field>>combine numbers

(03-02-2019, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: Team Fant > Hockenson assemble

Play on the field>>combine numbers

I had Fant>Hockenson before the combine though. Projects as a better weapon in the NFL

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 06:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-02-2019, 06:07 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Play on the field>>combine numbers

I had Fant>Hockenson before the combine though. Projects as a better weapon in the NFL

I know you did.  Hockenson had a pretty good combine in his own right.   I dont think anyone thought that Hockenson was gonna have a better combine than Fant.  Give me the better football player over the better athlete anyday of the week.  The Iowa coaches realised who was the better football player which is why Fant was benched.

Better combine dont equal a better weapon in the NFL. A better football player does

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 06:52 PM by JackCity.)

(03-02-2019, 06:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 06:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: I had Fant>Hockenson before the combine though. Projects as a better weapon in the NFL

I know you did.  Hockenson had a pretty good combine in his own right.   I dont think anyone thought that Hockenson was gonna have a better combine than Fant.  Give me the better football player over the better athlete anyday of the week.  The Iowa coaches realised who was the better football player which is why Fant was benched.

Better combine dont equal a better weapon in the NFL.  A better football player does

Hockenson is a great player. I just value what Fant does as a receiver more in his NFL projection, being a god tier athlete helps that but we already knew that well before the combine happened.

you don't need to sell me on Hockenson lol

(03-02-2019, 06:49 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 06:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I know you did.  Hockenson had a pretty good combine in his own right.   I dont think anyone thought that Hockenson was gonna have a better combine than Fant.  Give me the better football player over the better athlete anyday of the week.  The Iowa coaches realised who was the better football player which is why Fant was benched.

Better combine dont equal a better weapon in the NFL.  A better football player does

Hockenson is a great player. I just value what Fant does as a receiver more in his NFL projection, being a god tier athlete helps that but we already knew that well before the combine happened.

you don't need to sell me on Hockenson lol

Not trying to.  You posted his combine numbers saying he projects better than Hockenson because of it like it was unexpected.  Everyone already knew Fant was a great athlete.  Hockenson did test bad at the combine.  I think Hockenson is just as good or better as a receiver than Fant, their blocking isnt really comparable.