Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Attorney General Barr Ending Mueller Investigation ‘By Next Week’

New Attorney General Barr Ending Mueller Investigation ‘By Next Week’

There’s a new Sheriff in town, and he isn’t wasting any time asserting his authority.
Liberals were stunned and furious Wednesday by reports that newly-confirmed Attorney General William Barr is prepared to announce an end to the Mueller investigation.
And the announcement could come as early as next week CNN reported.

http://us24news.com/new-attorney-general...0klwcYMb8s
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-20-2019, 05:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: New Attorney General Barr Ending Mueller Investigation ‘By Next Week’

There’s a new Sheriff in town, and he isn’t wasting any time asserting his authority.
Liberals were stunned and furious Wednesday by reports that newly-confirmed Attorney General William Barr is prepared to announce an end to the Mueller investigation.

Liberals are also going to be disappointed when it's disclosed that there is no "Russian collusion" between President Trump and Russia.  This "investigation" was nothing more than a waste of my (our) tax payer dollars.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Better question is, does the report get released if there is no collusion found? I predict it doesn't, and there is a slow leak of information from the report still giving the media something to chew on and keep the narrative alive.

It is also interesting that Adam Schiff said they are doing their own Russia investigation because the special council investigation wasn't good enough. That is bad politics right there considering how bad Schiff has looked in all this.

The Barr is open boys!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They only need 2 more years to prove it!

(02-20-2019, 06:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 05:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: New Attorney General Barr Ending Mueller Investigation ‘By Next Week’

Liberals are also going to be disappointed when it's disclosed that there is no "Russian collusion" between President Trump and Russia.  This "investigation" was nothing more than a waste of my (our) tax payer dollars.

There is no doubt there was collusion, the only questions are if there was quid pro quo and if Trump was aware and complicit.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-20-2019, 06:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Better question is, does the report get released if there is no collusion found? I predict it doesn't, and there is a slow leak of information from the report still giving the media something to chew on and keep the narrative alive.

It is also interesting that Adam Schiff said they are doing their own Russia investigation because the special council investigation wasn't good enough. That is bad politics right there considering how bad Schiff has looked in all this.

If the report isn't released, it will be Barr...well...barring its release.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2019, 11:50 PM by mikesez.)

(02-20-2019, 06:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Better question is, does the report get released if there is no collusion found? I predict it doesn't, and there is a slow leak of information from the report still giving the media something to chew on and keep the narrative alive.

You're overthinking this.
The report is unlikely to be released either way.
It's mostly up to Barr if it will be released and he has no incentive to do it. Trump's associates have already admitted to many bad things thru guilty pleas and plea bargains. The best case scenario is that the report only details the trail of evidence that led them to get those guilty pleas. Which is still a really negative news cycle for Trump. And of course the worst case scenario is that the report presents strong evidence, beyond hearsay, that Trump knew about what those guys were doing and directed them to do it. Trump's team will be trying to delay in any case.

That said, Adam Schiff has subpoena powers now. He will get either Mueller himself or enough of his team to testify. It will probably be behind closed doors, and it will amount to them recreating the report there in the House Committee Chambers. If they immediately come up with a smoking gun, like an email from Trump directing Flynn to set up a back channel of communication to Russia to facilitate further condominium sales,  Schiff would go public with that immediately. He'd present articles of impeachment. If not, you would see Schiff basically behave the same way Trey Gowdy did from 2013 to 2016 The way Gowdy investigated Benghazi over and over, holding one press conference after another, insisting that there's more to investigate, he'd do the same with Trump Tower Moscow.  It's not right of course, but it is fair, in the sense that all turnabout is.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-20-2019, 11:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:

It's mostly up to Barr if it will be released and he has no incentive to do it. Trump's associates have already admitted to many bad things thru guilty pleas and plea bargains. The best case scenario is that the report only details the trail of evidence that led them to get those guilty pleas. Which is still a really negative news cycle for Trump. And of course the worst case scenario is that the report presents strong evidence, beyond hearsay, that Trump knew about what those guys were doing and directed them to do it.  Trump's team will be trying to delay in any case.

That said, Adam Schiff has subpoena powers now. He will get either Mueller himself or enough of his team to testify. It will probably be behind closed doors, and it will amount to them recreating the report there in the House Committee Chambers. If they immediately come up with a smoking gun, like an email from Trump directing Flynn to set up a back channel of communication to Russia to facilitate further condominium sales,  Schiff would go public with that immediately. He'd present articles of impeachment. If not, you would see Schiff basically behave the same way Trey Gowdy did from 2013 to 2016  The way Gowdy investigated Benghazi over and over, holding one press conference after another, insisting that there's more to investigate, he'd do the same with Trump Tower Moscow.  It's not right of course, but it is fair, in the sense that all turnabout is.

I doubt very seriously Trump was doing manafort taxes....  But hey u never know.

(02-21-2019, 12:50 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 11:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're overthinking this.
It's mostly up to Barr if it will be released and he has no incentive to do it. Trump's associates have already admitted to many bad things thru guilty pleas and plea bargains. The best case scenario is that the report only details the trail of evidence that led them to get those guilty pleas. Which is still a really negative news cycle for Trump. And of course the worst case scenario is that the report presents strong evidence, beyond hearsay, that Trump knew about what those guys were doing and directed them to do it.  Trump's team will be trying to delay in any case.

That said, Adam Schiff has subpoena powers now. He will get either Mueller himself or enough of his team to testify. It will probably be behind closed doors, and it will amount to them recreating the report there in the House Committee Chambers. If they immediately come up with a smoking gun, like an email from Trump directing Flynn to set up a back channel of communication to Russia to facilitate further condominium sales,  Schiff would go public with that immediately. He'd present articles of impeachment. If not, you would see Schiff basically behave the same way Trey Gowdy did from 2013 to 2016  The way Gowdy investigated Benghazi over and over, holding one press conference after another, insisting that there's more to investigate, he'd do the same with Trump Tower Moscow.  It's not right of course, but it is fair, in the sense that all turnabout is.

I doubt very seriously Trump was doing manafort taxes....  But hey u never know.

20 year old tax evasion is totally on Donald Trump CPA LLC. He should've just used the standard deduction like everyone else.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-20-2019, 11:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Barr's incentive to release the report is that you and I deserve to see the outcome of what 40+ million of our tax dollars paid for. With the Senate Intel Committee uncovering zero evidence of collusion, I am pretty certain Mueller's report will be pretty benign. 

As far as Benghazi, there probably was more to investigate and is simply a terrible comparison.  To my knowledge, Trump didn't leave American troops to die like Hillary did.

(02-21-2019, 08:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 11:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're overthinking this.

Barr's incentive to release the report is that you and I deserve to see the outcome of what 40+ million of our tax dollars paid for. With the Senate Intel Committee uncovering zero evidence of collusion, I am pretty certain Mueller's report will be pretty benign. 

As far as Benghazi, there probably was more to investigate and is simply a terrible comparison.  To my knowledge, Trump didn't leave American troops to die like Hillary did.

And Reagan left 241 Americans unprotected in Beirut.  They investigated Benghazi for about a year per victim.  If that's the right thing to do in all cases, we can stop investigating the security failures leading up to the Beirut bombing in the year 2224.

With the Dems already hiring two prominent attorneys to conduct additional investigation into the Mueller report, you can bet a version will get released to the public. They are already taking steps to discredit finding and twist into dragging this out further. Trump will be under some type of investigation for as long as he is in office. There has been no hiding that. Every play in the resist book is being used....

Coordinated media blitz
Identity smear (racist, homophobe, etc.)
Violent protect
Bury him in in investigations
Delay every decision in court
Threaten impeachment
Spy and leak
Coup de’ etat
Invoke 25th

Sadly, there is only one other deranged play that remains and it would require one of the loons to be scapegoated. The political climate has become so charged that I no longer think it is so far fetched. (No I’m not going to specify as it is “ugly” and I’m sure most can figure it out)
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-21-2019, 09:28 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 08:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Barr's incentive to release the report is that you and I deserve to see the outcome of what 40+ million of our tax dollars paid for. With the Senate Intel Committee uncovering zero evidence of collusion, I am pretty certain Mueller's report will be pretty benign. 

And Reagan left 241 Americans unprotected in Beirut.  They investigated Benghazi for about a year per victim.  If that's the right thing to do in all cases, we can stop investigating the security failures leading up to the Beirut bombing in the year 2224.
What? Did you just try...Oh, what the [BLEEP]!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-21-2019, 09:46 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 09:28 AM)mikesez Wrote: And Reagan left 241 Americans unprotected in Beirut.  They investigated Benghazi for about a year per victim.  If that's the right thing to do in all cases, we can stop investigating the security failures leading up to the Beirut bombing in the year 2224.
What? Did you just try...Oh, what the [BLEEP]!

Tell me why I'm wrong.

(02-21-2019, 08:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Barr's incentive to release the report is that you and I deserve to see the outcome of what 40+ million of our tax dollars paid for. With the Senate Intel Committee uncovering zero evidence of collusion, I am pretty certain Mueller's report will be pretty benign. 

Dude that's like comparing apricots to elephants.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

You're going to hurt yourself with that kind of a stretch.

(02-21-2019, 12:22 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 09:28 AM)mikesez Wrote: And Reagan left 241 Americans unprotected in Beirut.  They investigated Benghazi for about a year per victim.  If that's the right thing to do in all cases, we can stop investigating the security failures leading up to the Beirut bombing in the year 2224.

Dude that's like comparing apricots to elephants.

Why?
American military personnel dead because they were given inadequate protection and readiness in a country teeming with terrorists.  Risks were vastly underestimated. What is the significant difference?

(02-20-2019, 11:13 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 06:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Liberals are also going to be disappointed when it's disclosed that there is no "Russian collusion" between President Trump and Russia.  This "investigation" was nothing more than a waste of my (our) tax payer dollars.

There is no doubt there was collusion, the only questions are if there was quid pro quo and if Trump was aware and complicit.

This is normally where you'd offer proof.

You can't be complicit in a non-crime, by the way.

(02-21-2019, 01:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 12:22 PM)copycat Wrote: Dude that's like comparing apricots to elephants.

Why?
American military personnel dead because they were given inadequate protection and readiness in a country teeming with terrorists.  Risks were vastly underestimated. What is the significant difference?

Thirty five years of hindsight, experience and a changing political climate perhaps?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.