Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Da Bears Week

Quote:Wrong, Hoyer has been good against us.

Only with Houston last year. Previously with the Browns we beat him twice I believe. And the second time was like 24-6
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Only with Houston last year. Previously with the Browns we beat him twice I believe. And the second time was like 24-6

Only last year matters.

Quote:Only <del>last</del> this year matters.

FIFY
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:FIFY
And he's been playing really good this year. If it comes down to QB play, we're at a pretty large disadvantage up to this point. 

Quote:And he's been playing really good this year. If it comes down to QB play, we're at a pretty large disadvantage up to this point.

I think our defense matches pretty well with the Bears offense. Especially if the injury report holds true. Hoyer can be rattled with pressure. Here's hoping the sack explosion in the Colts game wasn't just an anomaly.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I think our defense matches pretty well with the Bears offense. Especially if the injury report holds true. Hoyer can be rattled with pressure. Here's hoping the sack explosion in the Colts game wasn't just an anomaly.
Yep the pressure is definitely going to have to come from the edge. SItton/Long/Whitehair is as good as any IOL in the league 

Quote:Only last year matters.

Why?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Yep the pressure is definitely going to have to come from the edge. SItton/Long/Whitehair is as good as any IOL in the league 

Yeah, but they're playing hurt, and we have Malik.

'02

Quote:Yeah, but they're playing hurt, and we have Malik.

But Malik is a FA bust, remember?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:But Malik is a FA bust, remember?

Oh yeah... Gipson too... forgot about that.

'02

Quote:Yep the pressure is definitely going to have to come from the edge. SItton/Long/Whitehair is as good as any IOL in the league

Wasn't Sitton abruptly let go this year by green bay?

Quote:Wasn't Sitton abruptly let go this year by green bay?

For money reasons apparently. Not performance
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Wasn't Sitton abruptly let go this year by green bay?
Yeah, he was disgruntled about not getting an extension and apparently lashed out at the team pretty harshly. They also had a competent, cheap backup that is playing well.

Sitton has still been an elite guard for the Bears, though. 

Quote:For money reasons apparently. Not performance

Yeah when said performance is equal to or less than the back up. Packers aren't dealing with a black hole at LG

Quote:Yeah, he was disgruntled about not getting an extension and apparently lashed out at the team pretty harshly. They also had a competent, cheap backup that is playing well.

Sitton has still been an elite guard for the Bears, though.

I haven't watched a bears game to know for myself. I'm just saying if the talent was there, management would work it out.

As it stands now, I like him to get worked come Sunday. If they're tackles aren't right, the dline will be eating regardless. 24-13

Quote:Why?

Click back a few pages. It is obvious what Hoyer did with the Browns means absolutely nothing, while what he did with the Texans was dangerous.

Quote:Yeah when said performance is equal to or less than the backup. Packers aren't dealing with a black hole at LG

What? Josh Sitton was an All-Pro at the position. You must have never watched him to not think he was great for the Packers.

Quote:Click back a few pages. It is obvious what Hoyer did with the Browns means absolutely nothing, while what he did with the Texans was dangerous.

But he's not with the Texans anymore. So we have to look at his entire body of work. He was only good against us on the Texans team with JJ Watt, healthy Arian Foster, and Hopkins against our horrendous defense. Our defense is significantly better and Chicago is significantly less talented than that Texans team
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:But he's not with the Texans anymore. So we have to look at his entire body of work. He was only good against us on the Texans team with JJ Watt, healthy Arian Foster, and Hopkins against our horrendous defense. Our defense is significantly better and Chicago is significantly less talented than that Texans team

With the Browns, as someone pointed out earlier, Hoyer did not have Alex Mack or Josh Gordon. He had more talent around him in Houston as well. Saying he "laid an egg" when a lack of talent was around him is, well, not quite accurate.

Quote:Didn't Lee return a punt against Baltimore? I know he did one this year.

I would put Lee as the PR if Greene can't go, but if they stick with Walters at least we know it will be the same as a fair catch every time
Yes.

Lee did return work during camp as well.

He's likely to see action Sunday in return game.