Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lockedon 7 round Jags mock

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...ock-draft/

A realistic and well thought-through prediction I think. I would love to see more of a receiving threat drafted at TE but I do like Moreau, but more as a TE2. Overall, I think we would all be more or less delighted with something like this.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love the mock.

I also like what Goodall has been doing all off season. Lots of good articles.

I'm not a fan of Jalen Jelks and I think they have Lodge going way too high, but if we land Haskins, I'll be ecstatic! At this point, he's the only QB that I believe, can dig us out of this hole.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 01:48 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

1st 2 rounds are grand slams....especially only giving up a 3rd/next years 2nd.

Lodge/Chark would make a nice duo if they just get their hands in order...both are tall and Lodge will run in the 4.4s or faster.

(02-26-2019, 01:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a fan of Jalen Jelks and I think they have Lodge going way too high, but if we land Haskins, I'll be ecstatic! At this point, he's the only QB that I believe, can dig us out of this hole.

If Lodge makes it past the 3rd I'll be shocked.  A lot of the Ole Miss guys are going to blow up the combine.

Metcalf/Lodge/Knox will all test extremely well.

If Foles doesn't isn't signed I'd love this mock draft. The Jags move up and get their q.b. for a reasonable price. They also land one of my favorite players, Chris Lindstrom, in the 2nd round. With his connections to Coughlin and Chris Snee, I could see this happening. I wish they could have drafted a bigger weapon at tight end, but Moreau would be good for the run game. Hopefully they can also find a better receiving tight end.
Taking a receiver in the 3rd round is a good possibility. Lodge is one of a plethora of receivers who will be considered in rounds 3 or 4. Terry McLaurin from Ohio State is someone I'd like to see them draft around this spot. He has great speed, also, and seems to be a very high character guy that Coughlin would love. Don't know enough about the defensive guys taken to have much of an opinion. Finding eventual replacements for Campbell and Dareus wouldn't be a bad idea.

(02-26-2019, 01:45 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: 1st 2 rounds are grand slams....especially only giving up a 3rd/next years 2nd.

Lodge/Chark would make a nice duo if they just get their hands in order...both are tall and Lodge will run in the 4.4s or faster.

(02-26-2019, 01:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not a fan of Jalen Jelks and I think they have Lodge going way too high, but if we land Haskins, I'll be ecstatic! At this point, he's the only QB that I believe, can dig us out of this hole.

If Lodge makes it past the 3rd I'll be shocked.  A lot of the Ole Miss guys are going to blow up the combine.

Metcalf/Lodge/Knox will all test extremely well.

I'm not saying Metcalf isn't good, but this is an especially deep draft class for WR's. Marquise Brown, D.J. Metcalfe, N'Keal Harry, Kevin Harmon, A.J. Brown, Parris Campbell, Keelan Doss, Hakeem Butler, Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Deebo Samuel, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and Anthony Johnson are all guys I see going before him in the first 3 rounds and then you have guys like Preston Williams, Darius Slayton, Terry McLaurin, Antoine Wesley, Andy Isabella, David Sills, Dillon Mitchell, Jakobi Meyers and Gary Jennings who I believe have similar grades to Lodge, so who knows how the cards will fall with those guys as well.

I want Cole to kick rocks.

Gimme a draft with Haskins, Campbell, Butler and a TE. Don't care how you do it but do it!

(02-26-2019, 04:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I want Cole to kick rocks.

Gimme a draft with Haskins, Campbell, Butler and a TE. Don't care how you do it but do it!

We better get an O-Linemen in there or I'll be furious.

If the 1st, 2nd, and 4th go this way I would be happy. The lodge pick at 3 feel like is a bit high. I think we could do better at TE but if we address QB and G in with the first two picks I would be happy. I have not been a huge advocate of taking haskins but that is mainly because at first it was really looking like we would have to give up a kings ransom to move up to get him. If it is something that is doable, I'm game.

I don't think we could trade up that cheaply unfortunately.

(02-26-2019, 06:21 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think we could trade up that cheaply unfortunately.

Agreed. I think it's wishful thinking.

(02-26-2019, 04:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 04:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I want Cole to kick rocks.

We better get an O-Linemen in there or I'll be furious.
Gimme Lindstrom!

(02-26-2019, 08:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 04:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We better get an O-Linemen in there or I'll be furious.
Gimme Lindstrom!

That would be great. After the Senior Bowl though, I have a hunch he's gonna go in the late first.

This trade would never happen. It's gonna take way more than that. ESPN is reporting that the Jets are wanting to deal the #3 overall pick and in return, they are looking to recoup the 3 second round picks that they gave up to move from the 6th overall pick to the 3rd overall pick last year. I'd still do that deal if it assured we got Haskins, but we may need to go up higher than the #3 overall pick.

(02-28-2019, 12:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This trade would never happen. It's gonna take way more than that. ESPN is reporting that the Jets are wanting to deal the #3 overall pick and in return, they are looking to recoup the 3 second round picks that they gave up to move from the 6th overall pick to the 3rd overall pick last year. I'd still do that deal if it assured we got Haskins, but we may need to go up higher than the #3 overall pick.

The Jets said they'd be "open" to trading the #3 pick. They never said anything about wanting to trade it. People take one little quote and twist the [BLEEP] out of it to try and make headlines for clicks/views.

(02-28-2019, 12:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 12:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This trade would never happen. It's gonna take way more than that. ESPN is reporting that the Jets are wanting to deal the #3 overall pick and in return, they are looking to recoup the 3 second round picks that they gave up to move from the 6th overall pick to the 3rd overall pick last year. I'd still do that deal if it assured we got Haskins, but we may need to go up higher than the #3 overall pick.

The Jets said they'd be "open" to trading the #3 pick. They never said anything about wanting to trade it. People take one little quote and twist the [BLEEP] out of it to try and make headlines for clicks/views.

They want to trade it for the right price. That team has a lot of needs and could definitely use extra picks.

(02-28-2019, 01:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 12:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote: The Jets said they'd be "open" to trading the #3 pick. They never said anything about wanting to trade it. People take one little quote and twist the [BLEEP] out of it to try and make headlines for clicks/views.

They want to trade it for the right price. That team has a lot of needs and could definitely use extra picks.

Every team wants to trade for the right price.. AKA overpay and we'll gladly trade with you lol.