Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's gotta be Murray

(02-27-2019, 12:56 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 12:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If the Jags draft Murray, they may lose me as a fan. We cannot afford to make such a stupid mistake like drafting the smallest QB in NFL history. That would be the dumbest move in franchise history. We'll be the laughing stock of the league, (worse than we already are.) I've been a fan of this team since the inception and I even went to the first Jags game ever in Canton against the Panthers. I've been patient and sat through a lot of bad decisions by this team, but taking Murray would probably be a decision that would break my confidence for good. 

I don't care how fast he is, he isn't a RB or a receiver, so it doesn't matter. A QB's main job is to throw the football, period. What good is "buzz" gonna do if the team ends up stinking? I wanna create a complete team and eventually win a Superbowl, not create "buzz."

What do we have to lose? Let's see. We have a defense full of veteran stars with big contracts and young stars who are gonna want big contracts. Our window of opportunity is shrinking as we inch closer and closer to the salary cap. We need to find our franchise QB and fast. Murray would set this team back about 5 years and that window would probably be slammed shut. 

Haskins is clearly better than any other QB in this class. He has size, accuracy, a good arm and most importantly, his football I.Q. may be higher than any QB since Andrew Luck. IMO, Murray is completely undraftable. We don't need a tiny, running QB. We need a smart QB who makes quick decisions and has the size and durability to dismantle defenses through the air.

You need to relax

I should, but he's the one guy in the entire draft that I want no part of.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So much flawed logic. This thread was good for a morning laugh though

No thanks. There is such an extreme boom versus bust in this selection. I bet the Jags have at least two “safer” picks outranking this one. Heck, the only way I see the Jags jumping at such a high risk selection is if Bortles is cemented on the roster.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

If the Jags gave a crap about that kind of stuff they would have drafted Tebow who was another marginal QB talent.

Have we gotten the actual measurments from Kyler Murray yet. Im not so concerned with hieght as much as hand size. Rumor is he may fall under 9" and though he can sling the college ball the Nfl ball is bigger. Example russel wilson hand size measured at over 10", anything over 9" is concidered good below is bad

(02-27-2019, 09:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If the Jags gave a crap about that kind of stuff they would have drafted Tebow who was another marginal QB talent.

You are completely blind to the kind of player Murray is. Tebow was marginal (at best) because he was not a natural thrower of the football, and he actively looked for contact as a runner. Murray is absolutely a natural thrower, and an incredibly talented one at that. If Murray was 6'3 he'd be talked about as the one of the best prospects ever, I have no doubts about that. Any comparison of Murray to Tebow is laughable.

(02-27-2019, 10:42 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Have we gotten the actual measurments from Kyler Murray yet. Im not so concerned with hieght as much as hand size. Rumor is he may fall under 9" and though he can sling the college ball the Nfl ball is bigger. Example russel wilson hand size measured at over 10", anything over 9" is concidered good below is bad

Nope, QBs, WRs, & TEs have their measurements tomorrow.

I'm still for Haskins over Murray. But I think of everyone who dismissed Baker (even though Murray is much smaller...). Has me wondering.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-27-2019, 11:15 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 09:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If the Jags gave a crap about that kind of stuff they would have drafted Tebow who was another marginal QB talent.

You are completely blind to the kind of player Murray is. Tebow was marginal (at best) because he was not a natural thrower of the football, and he actively looked for contact as a runner. Murray is absolutely a natural thrower, and an incredibly talented one at that. If Murray was 6'3 he'd be talked about as the one of the best prospects ever, I have no doubts about that. Any comparison of Murray to Tebow is laughable.

Just because you say so doesn't make it true.

(02-27-2019, 12:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 07:17 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Clearly, the main objective in choosing draft picks is making the team better. But also in consideration is filling seats. 

If the Jags draft Murray, it will create more of a buzz than any draft choice in Jag history.

The guy is lightning, freakish fast with a huge arm. Yes, he is small. But if the Jags take him, it will create more buzz than
any Jag pick that comes to mind. It will also put Jags higher in media coverage for a while. 

Plus, what do they have to lose? What QB is clearly a franchise QB this draft class? No one. Haskins is not. He has question marks as well. 

I believe the Jags will regret not taking Murray, big time. He might be more exciting than Mike Vick was, maybe with a higher upside. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eEyZgAiLjE

If the Jags draft Murray, they may lose me as a fan. We cannot afford to make such a stupid mistake like drafting the smallest QB in NFL history. That would be the dumbest move in franchise history. We'll be the laughing stock of the league, (worse than we already are.) I've been a fan of this team since the inception and I even went to the first Jags game ever in Canton against the Panthers. I've been patient and sat through a lot of bad decisions by this team, but taking Murray would probably be a decision that would break my confidence for good. 

I don't care how fast he is, he isn't a RB or a receiver, so it doesn't matter. A QB's main job is to throw the football, period. What good is "buzz" gonna do if the team ends up stinking? I wanna create a complete team and eventually win a Superbowl, not create "buzz."

What do we have to lose? Let's see. We have a defense full of veteran stars with big contracts and young stars who are gonna want big contracts. Our window of opportunity is shrinking as we inch closer and closer to the salary cap. We need to find our franchise QB and fast. Murray would set this team back about 5 years and that window would probably be slammed shut. 

Haskins is clearly better than any other QB in this class. He has size, accuracy, a good arm and most importantly, his football I.Q. may be higher than any QB since Andrew Luck. IMO, Murray is completely undraftable. We don't need a tiny, running QB. We need a smart QB who makes quick decisions and has the size and durability to dismantle defenses through the air.
Lolololol.  Your take is almost as bad as McCaffrey went be good because he's white and the current rookie of the year wouldnt be a good RB.  Murray isnt draft able but would trade the farm for Haskins,lol

(02-27-2019, 01:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 12:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If the Jags draft Murray, they may lose me as a fan. We cannot afford to make such a stupid mistake like drafting the smallest QB in NFL history. That would be the dumbest move in franchise history. We'll be the laughing stock of the league, (worse than we already are.) I've been a fan of this team since the inception and I even went to the first Jags game ever in Canton against the Panthers. I've been patient and sat through a lot of bad decisions by this team, but taking Murray would probably be a decision that would break my confidence for good. 

Lolololol.  Your take is almost as bad as McCaffrey went be good because he's white and the current rookie of the year wouldnt be a good RB.  Murray isnt draft able but would trade the farm for Haskins,lol

Every single kicker and punter in the league is not only bigger than Murray.. they are monstrous human beings compared to him.

Why would anyone want to risk drafting someone that tiny?

(02-26-2019, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 07:55 PM)High Octane Wrote: I'm warming up to the idea of taking him, especially if reports are true that he's now up to 206lb. We've tried the prototypical QB and it hasn't worked for us. Haskins reminds me of Byron Leftwich and I'd prefer not to go through all that again. At the end of the day, the Jaguars will do their homework and get whoever is best for the team. But drafting Kyler Murray will definitely add a buzz to the Jaguars that they haven't had.  Since there isn't a can't miss QB in this years draft, might as well just go with the one with the highest possible ceiling.

Agreed on the Haskins=Leftwich.  Would much rather Murray over Haskins/Leftwich
Could we please get a different comp than Leftwich. It's just a lazy comparison with no basis whatsoever.

(02-27-2019, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed on the Haskins=Leftwich.  Would much rather Murray over Haskins/Leftwich
Could we please get a different comp than Leftwich. It's just a lazy comparison with no basis whatsoever.

Yeah

Bad comp

The throwing mechanics are light years apart

Haskins definitely has a great football mind but he sure feels like Leftwich 2.0 to me.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 04:08 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

Wait, so a myriad of other threads about draft prospects are left on the main board, but this one gets moved to the college board. I smell a smell, and it ain't a rose.

What horse excrement.

(02-27-2019, 03:54 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Haskins definitely has a great football mind but he sure feels like Leftwich 2.0 to me.

Big. Check.
Tall. Check.
Strong arm. Check. 
Productive in college. Check. 
Good TD to int. ratio. Check. 
Has the intangibles needed as an NFL QB. I don't think so. He seems like a Geno Smith or Jamarcus Russell. 

Good thing this very appropriate discussion on the future Jags' QB has been moved to the college board. That makes perfect sense and is very consistent.

[Image: Eye-roll-liz-lemon.jpg]

(02-27-2019, 04:03 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Wait, so a myriad of other threads about draft prospects are left on the main board, but this one gets moved to the college board. I smell a smell, and it ain't a rose.

What horse excrement.

Most of these admins suck. It's basically common knowledge now. I just try to stay away from DragonBreath and the Lady one who knows nothing about football.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 04:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-27-2019, 11:51 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I'm still for Haskins over Murray. But I think of everyone who dismissed Baker (even though Murray is much smaller...). Has me wondering.

Baker Mayfield has nothing to do with Kyler Murray. Mayfield measured slightly over 6' at 6' 1/8". Murray is probably not even 5'10". That's a huge difference. They are completely different players. Murray might be the smallest QB ever drafted. That's just too much of a risk.

(02-27-2019, 03:54 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Haskins definitely has a great football mind but he sure feels like Leftwich 2.0 to me.

HUGE difference. Byron had no touch and a big, slow release. Haskins can make all the throws and gets rid of the football in a hurry with a shorter, compact release. Byron's inability to get the football out of his hands on time was his downfall. Haskins does not have that problem.

(02-27-2019, 04:03 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Wait, so a myriad of other threads about draft prospects are left on the main board, but this one gets moved to the college board. I smell a smell, and it ain't a rose.

What horse excrement.

The top 30 threads in the home team forum contain only one thread that references a prospect in its main subject matter and title. As it’s a poll question about a fee agent vet and a prospect it was allowed to remain there. It’s a tweener without a proper forum home. 
Your thread (the second you’ve moaned about being moved to its correct location)is clearly a thread about a college prospect that belongs right here with all the others just like it. I probably should just merge it with the other Murray thread actually. 

Where is this myriad of threads you mention?

Please point them out. I’ll wait. Seriously. 

You are literally the only poster I’ve witnessed this entire offseason that can’t figure out the proper usage of the home team forum and the college forum. 

It’s incredibly simple.  I think that smell you’re getting could be something festering between your ears.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 04:18 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

(02-27-2019, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 11:51 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I'm still for Haskins over Murray. But I think of everyone who dismissed Baker (even though Murray is much smaller...). Has me wondering.

Baker Mayfield has nothing to do with Kyler Murray. Mayfield measured slightly over 6' at 6' 1/8". Murray is probably not even 5'10". That's a huge difference. They are completely different players. Murray might be the smallest QB ever drafted. That's just too much of a risk.

[Image: pansy-cool-wave-morpho.jpg?quality=80&st...277&crop=1]

(02-27-2019, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

HUGE difference. Byron had no touch and a big, slow release. Haskins can make all the throws and gets rid of the football in a hurry with a shorter, compact release. Byron's inability to get the football out of his hands on time was his downfall. Haskins does not have that problem.

Haskins surely has a better release.. I'll give you that. But he is clunky and doesn't move very well. Or at least throw well while moving for that matter.

(02-27-2019, 04:16 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Baker Mayfield has nothing to do with Kyler Murray. Mayfield measured slightly over 6' at 6' 1/8". Murray is probably not even 5'10". That's a huge difference. They are completely different players. Murray might be the smallest QB ever drafted. That's just too much of a risk.

[Image: pansy-cool-wave-morpho.jpg?quality=80&st...277&crop=1]

(02-27-2019, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Baker Mayfield has nothing to do with Kyler Murray. Mayfield measured slightly over 6' at 6' 1/8". Murray is probably not even 5'10". That's a huge difference. They are completely different players. Murray might be the smallest QB ever drafted. That's just too much of a risk.

Haskins surely has a better release.. I'll give you that. But he is clunky and doesn't move very well. Or at least throw well while moving for that matter.

Who cares how he moves? Peyton Manning didn't move well and Tom Brady doesn't move well. As long as he is an accurate thrower, that's all I care about. If we can find O-Linemen who can give him a clean pocket, he shouldn't have to move that much. If you're QB is always scrambling and throwing on the run, that means your O-Line sucks.