Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's gotta be Murray

(02-26-2019, 08:27 PM)Sammy Wrote: See, I don't agree (for many reasons). For one, Murray's hand size may have worked well for the College size Football, but the NFL Football (Known as The Duke) is about a whole inch larger in circumference. The smaller the hand, the likely less ability to spin it at an the NFL level.  We shall see how he does at the Combine, but I would be a hard pass if i'm the Jaguars brass.

I've used an NFL regulation football since I was 15 or so. And I'm not much bigger than Murray. I don't see hand size as a problem. And he is so fast and elusive, he will get
away from much of the contact from defenders than other QBs would.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 08:27 PM)Sammy Wrote: See, I don't agree (for many reasons). For one, Murray's hand size may have worked well for the College size Football, but the NFL Football (Known as The Duke) is about a whole inch larger in circumference. The smaller the hand, the likely less ability to spin it at an the NFL level.  We shall see how he does at the Combine, but I would be a hard pass if i'm the Jaguars brass.

I've used an NFL regulation football since I was 15 or so. And I'm not much bigger than Murray. I don't see hand size as a problem. And he is so fast and elusive, he will get
away from much of the contact from defenders than other QBs would.

I've used an NFL regulation size football since before you were born ... unless you are over 72 ... Okay, just kidding a bit.  I pitched BB at the College level, and my hand size is equal to Murrays (I'm taller, and heavier), I can not grip an NFL Football well enough to throw at a High School level (Yes, I could), yet alone at the NFL level. I just think he is limited in a way he can't fix. We will see ... Because he will get drafted, I just hope it isn't the Jaguars that draft him. (Somebody will point out, though they shouldn't)

(02-26-2019, 07:17 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Clearly, the main objective in choosing draft picks is making the team better. But also in consideration is filling seats. 

If the Jags draft Murray, it will create more of a buzz than any draft choice in Jag history.

The guy is lightning, freakish fast with a huge arm. Yes, he is small. But if the Jags take him, it will create more buzz than
any Jag pick that comes to mind. It will also put Jags higher in media coverage for a while. 

Plus, what do they have to lose? What QB is clearly a franchise QB this draft class? No one. Haskins is not. He has question marks as well. 

I believe the Jags will regret not taking Murray, big time. He might be more exciting than Mike Vick was, maybe with a higher upside. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eEyZgAiLjE

Something I noticed, he pats the ball when he throws. You can see it at :37 and 2:23. Its a habit that he will have to break. Haven't we had enough QBs that need their mechanics worked on?

(02-28-2019, 10:38 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/stat...1690576896

For a "small" guy he has some nice sized hands. And you know what they say about guys with nice sized hands...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(02-28-2019, 10:45 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 10:38 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/stat...1690576896

For a "small" guy he has some nice sized hands. And you know what they say about guys with nice sized hands...

They get propositioned by Robert Kraft for rub and tugs at the Combine?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-28-2019, 10:45 AM)Dimson Wrote:

They expected Murrays hand size would measure under 8-7/8", and as small as 8-5/8" ... That would have been bad IMO. It was good that the official measurement was 9-1/2".  No way would anything in the 8-3/4" range have been anything but a huge negative. For the hell of it, I measured my own hand, and it measures at 8-7/8" to slightly under, or at 9".  I'm not sure what the smallest QB hand size ever to play in the NFL has been, but I would be shocked if any Quarterbacks hand size that was under 9" would end up being  worthy of being called a franchise QB in today's game.

Hand size does matter. Women have lied to me. Sad  ... All three of 'em.

Also, what's up with the 9-4/8 (or all the 4/8)  ... That is 9-1/2 or 9.50 in my world.

(03-01-2019, 06:28 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 10:45 AM)Dimson Wrote: For a "small" guy he has some nice sized hands. And you know what they say about guys with nice sized hands...

They expected Murrays hand size would measure under 8-7/8", and as small as 8-5/8" ... That would have been bad IMO. It was good that the official measurement was 9-1/2".  No way would anything in the 8-3/4" range have been anything but a huge negative. For the hell of it, I measured my own hand, and it measures at 8-7/8" to slightly under, or at 9".  I'm not sure what the smallest QB hand size ever to play in the NFL has been, but I would be shocked if any Quarterbacks hand size that was under 9" would end up being  worthy of being called a franchise QB in today's game.

Hand size does matter. Women have lied to me. Sad  ... All three of 'em.

Also, what's up with the 9-4/8 (or all the 4/8)  ... That is 9-1/2 or 9.50 in my world.
Mike Vick had 8.5"
Tony Romo had 8.86"

Only ones of note below 9"

Having said that, mine is apparently 9 1/8, and I've never been able to throw a football.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 06:55 PM by Sammy.)

(02-27-2019, 04:03 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Wait, so a myriad of other threads about draft prospects are left on the main board, but this one gets moved to the college board. I smell a smell, and it ain't a rose.

What horse excrement.

(02-27-2019, 03:54 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Haskins definitely has a great football mind but he sure feels like Leftwich 2.0 to me.

Has the intangibles needed as an NFL QB. I don't think so. He seems like a Geno Smith or Jamarcus Russell.

Some of you appear to only be able to pick a few failed Black Quarterbacks to compare Haskins  "intangibles" with ... I bet I could name ten times as many white failed Quarterbacks to compare him to if we are going to use some UN-listed "Intangibles" to evaluate with . Just what are these intangibles the rest of us need to use to compare these non-white prospects with to only be able to use the Black Quarterback scale?  Do we need to consume some Purple Drank first?

(03-01-2019, 06:34 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Mike Vick had 8.5"
Tony Romo had 8.86"

Only ones of note below 9"

Having said that, mine is apparently 9 1/8, and I've never been able to throw a football.

Are you saying my hand size is bigger than Tony Romos ... AND Michael Vicks? Banana

(03-01-2019, 06:53 PM)Sammy Wrote: Are you saying my hand size is bigger than Tony Romos ... AND Michael Vicks? Banana

Yes, and he married Candice Crawford.