Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Combine Thread

I believe today is the day players start rolling in.  Try to get any combine numbers or realated stuff in this thread where we don't get flooded with combine numbers.  Surprises or disappointments? I really hope Hockenson shows out, I think Metcalf will kill it. I think Fant will have a great combine too.  Trayvon William's is a guy I'm probably most interested in

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2019, 08:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I believe today is the day players start rolling in.  Try to get any combine numbers or realated stuff in this thread where we don't get flooded with combine numbers.  Surprises or disappointments? I really hope Hockenson shows out, I think Metcalf will kill it. I think Fant will have a great combine too.  Trayvon William's is a guy I'm probably most interested in

Speaking of TEs- Dawson Knox will light it up as well

Lots of interesting stuff to look out for. There's a whole bunch of RBs behind Jacobs who could be the secound RB off the board, good testing numbers could cause one of them to jump up the boards. Fascinated to see 40 times for the TEs, and for the many big WRs in the draft. Murray's weigh-in should be interesting too (I can't believe I just said that about a weigh in).

Do the drills start on Friday?

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 12:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Murray in at 5'10.1. 207

9 1/2 hand size. Same as Matt Ryan and Tubisky

(02-28-2019, 12:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Murray in at 5'10.1. 207

9 1/2 hand size.  Same as Matt Ryan and Tubisky

Draft the man.

Does Murray still have the same speed and quickness at 207? Wonder if he will run.

Both the Iowa TEs came in around 250. I recall someone worrying they'd be at 230-235

(02-28-2019, 01:01 PM)roycee Wrote: Both the Iowa TEs came in around 250. I recall someone worrying they'd be at 230-235

Yeah, that was weird.  The guy looked huge out there against the defenses.  I didnt get that one

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 10:03 AM by B2hibry.)

(02-28-2019, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/103603076359009...610925367/

Dang, that is something surprising and I didn’t realize. Always assumed he was lurking somewhere at the combine.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Any nice person feel like sharing todays schedule from the combine?

(03-01-2019, 11:12 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Any nice person feel like sharing todays schedule from the combine?
http://www.nfl.com/network/combine
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

The guys on NFL Network relayed a story about Jonah Williams being asked to move to center at Alabama and him refusing.

According to them, he explained it wasn't a serious sort of thing there, and while his preference is to play T, he would play anywhere he is asked to play.

BTW, the analysts all said he looked good in the drills, as did the RT Taylor out of Florida.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Metcalf with 27 reps, beast

(03-01-2019, 02:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The guys on NFL Network relayed a story about Jonah Williams being asked to move to center at Alabama and him refusing.

According to them, he explained it wasn't a serious sort of thing there, and while his preference is to play T, he would play anywhere he is asked to play.

BTW, the analysts all said he looked good in the drills, as did the RT Taylor out of Florida.

I don't understand all the debate about him moving to OG. The guy was one of the top 3 LT's last year in the toughest conference in college football. LT is the premier position on the O-Line. Why would any team consider moving him? That's crazy!

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 04:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status...30304?s=19

I'm hoping we take a hard look at him, my favorite back in this class. Miller is horrible in his "scouting " most of the time. William's is more than a 3rd down back but his is one of the best blocking backs also

RBs tested as expected. I dunno why people were surprised by Armsteads 40.

I think the backs that will be there in the 4th for us are Mattison, James Williams and possibly Armstead and Gaskin. My personal fav is Miles Sanders or Henderson but both will be gone in the 2nd I'd imagine.

(03-01-2019, 03:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 02:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The guys on NFL Network relayed a story about Jonah Williams being asked to move to center at Alabama and him refusing.

I don't understand all the debate about him moving to OG. The guy was one of the top 3 LT's last year in the toughest conference in college football. LT is the premier position on the O-Line. Why would any team consider moving him? That's crazy!

The only thing I have heard on that is arm length.  Some think his arms are too short to play outside.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-01-2019, 04:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: RBs tested as expected. I dunno why people were surprised by Armsteads 40.  

I think the backs that will be there in the 4th for us are Mattison, James Williams and possibly Armstead and Gaskin. My personal fav is Miles Sanders or Henderson but both will be gone in the 2nd I'd imagine.

I dont think people were expecting William's to run a 4.51.  I did but I'm saying most people

(03-01-2019, 04:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status...30304?s=19

I'm hoping we take a hard look at him, my favorite back in this class.  Miller is horrible in his "scouting " most of the time.  William's is more than a 3rd down back but his is one of the best blocking backs also

I'm curious why so much buzz about him? I didn't think much of his blocking or catching at A&M.