Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Combine Thread

(03-02-2019, 02:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:51 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: He looked pretty bad/slow in a lot of the drills.

thats wild, he looked like a 4.7 guy on the field. I guess we get some more info for why he wasn't used more independent from all the other talent on the offense

I remember that drive to close out the first half against Florida where he got 3 real quick wide open passes and I thought he left a lot of yards on the field with his lack of speed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-02-2019, 05:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jarrett Stidham looks like the real deal. Tom Bradyesque.  If Jaguars are smart they'll target him with the #7 pick

He was on the wrong offense last year for his skill set, and Auburn doesn't do a great job of play calling to their players skills. I would love if he fell to 4th. It will only happen if teams start to cool on the other QB's though. If 4 go in the 1st, it won't happen.

My top QB, if we dont get Foles we have to try and get this guy. Hopefully the Giants dont take him

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: The Matthew Stafford-like passer continues to win the postseason process. Lock ran faster than anticipated (4.69-second 40-yard dash) and dazzled scouts with his A+ arm talent. He throws deep with ease and flashes the ability to take a little steam off his passes for increased accuracy. With his outstanding upside, Lock could sneak into the conversation as a top-10 pick despite his inconsistent production at Missouri.

(03-03-2019, 12:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My top QB, if we dont get Foles we have to try and get this guy.  Hopefully the Giants dont take him

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: The Matthew Stafford-like passer continues to win the postseason process. Lock ran faster than anticipated (4.69-second 40-yard dash) and dazzled scouts with his A+ arm talent. He throws deep with ease and flashes the ability to take a little steam off his passes for increased accuracy. With his outstanding upside, Lock could sneak into the conversation as a top-10 pick despite his inconsistent production at Missouri.

That's cute that you can copy/paste somebody else's take on Lock..

Weren't you the guy who said you'd trade Ramsey straight up for Grier? What changed? Now Lock is your top QB huh?

(03-03-2019, 02:43 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 12:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My top QB, if we dont get Foles we have to try and get this guy.  Hopefully the Giants dont take him

That's cute that you can copy/paste somebody else's take on Lock..

Weren't you the guy who said you'd trade Ramsey straight up for Grier? What changed? Now Lock is your top QB huh?

Yep, you're not aloud to change?  Grier is still one of my top QBs but the injury has kind of taken its toll.  Since when did your big board have to be locked in before the Senior Bowl?  At the time Ramsey said he wanted to be traded, if that is the case I'd still trade him for one of the top QBs in this draft.  If he doesn't want to be traded anymore than that's good

Yeah. Just not big on Lock, Grier, or Finley. I them as a very low yield lottery tickets. Also, this franchise will likely overvalue them in 2-3 years and go with them instead of going for better prospects that will come along in future drafts.

(03-03-2019, 06:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 02:43 AM)Eric1 Wrote: That's cute that you can copy/paste somebody else's take on Lock..

Yep, you're not aloud to change?  Grier is still one of my top QBs but the injury has kind of taken its toll.  Since when did your big board have to be locked in before the Senior Bowl?  At the time Ramsey said he wanted to be traded, if that is the case I'd still trade him for one of the top QBs in this draft.  If he doesn't want to be traded anymore than that's good

Did the senior bowl make you less high on him?

(03-03-2019, 10:59 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 06:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yep, you're not aloud to change?  Grier is still one of my top QBs but the injury has kind of taken its toll.  Since when did your big board have to be locked in before the Senior Bowl?  At the time Ramsey said he wanted to be traded, if that is the case I'd still trade him for one of the top QBs in this draft.  If he doesn't want to be traded anymore than that's good

For me, yes! He wasn't my top QB before, but I was interested. After watching him in person, all I saw was Bortles and feathers flying everywhere. I don't want him anywhere in the draft...
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 11:39 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-03-2019, 10:59 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 06:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yep, you're not aloud to change?  Grier is still one of my top QBs but the injury has kind of taken its toll.  Since when did your big board have to be locked in before the Senior Bowl?  At the time Ramsey said he wanted to be traded, if that is the case I'd still trade him for one of the top QBs in this draft.  If he doesn't want to be traded anymore than that's good

When he didnt play in his bowl game I thought it was because he didnt want to get hurt.  Then he came out and said it was an injury and it looked like an issue at the Senior Bowl as he only played a few snaps.  I'm thinking it's more than what is getting out.  Of course he won't come out and say it because it will hurt is draft stock even more

(03-03-2019, 11:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 10:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: Did the senior bowl make you less high on him?

When he didnt play in his bowl game I thought it was because he didnt want to get hurt.  Then he came out and said it was an injury and it looked like an issue at the Senior Bowl as he only played a few snaps.  I'm thinking it's more than what is getting out.  Of course he won't come out and say it because it will hurt is draft stock even more

Yeah it was kinda odd how they didn't just say he was injured before the bowl game if he was actually injured. Still could have done the rest.   

Senior Bowl was set up perfectly for him to show out and he was just meh

4.66 for Cominsky at 286 is insane

Montez Sweat 4.42 40 is bananas. Fastest time for a Dline guy ever....and he's 6'6 260

(03-03-2019, 11:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 10:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: Did the senior bowl make you less high on him?

I still like the prospect. I think getting him in round 2 would be great value, personally. Threw the ball well at the combine IMO. 

I’d be very happy if the Jags landed Grier after signing Foles and gave him time to develop.

(03-03-2019, 12:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: Montez Sweat 4.42 40 is bananas. Fastest time for a Dline guy ever....and he's 6'6 260

That’s just insane.

(03-03-2019, 12:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: Montez Sweat 4.42 40 is bananas. Fastest time for a Dline guy ever....and he's 6'6 260

He’s been shining since the senior bowl. He’s all but locked himself as a top 10 pick and may be pushing top 5 now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Random question. Why is the 40 yard dash on that special floor material instead of the regular turf like all the other drills?

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 12:21 PM by Bullseye.)

He was impressive during Senior Bowl week and impressive during the combine.

While  absolutely believe we should go offense, he's probably the one defender likely to be on the board I wouldn't mind getting.

BTW, they are trashing these DBs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!