Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Combine Thread

(03-02-2019, 01:51 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: Isaac Nauta ran a 4.99????? what

He looked pretty bad/slow in a lot of the drills.

thats wild, he looked like a 4.7 guy on the field. I guess we get some more info for why he wasn't used more independent from all the other talent on the offense

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-02-2019, 02:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:51 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: He looked pretty bad/slow in a lot of the drills.

thats wild, he looked like a 4.7 guy on the field. I guess we get some more info for why he wasn't used more independent from all the other talent on the offense
He was overthrown in a few of the drills...think the QBs thought he would be quicker too.  If he has a 2nd gear he didn't show it.

Knox looked good in drills but I was really disappointed he didn't run the 40.  He would have been close to Fant's time or better.

Did anyone else hear that the tacks were interested in Antonio Brown?

Speaking of WRS I want to see Metcalf run the 40.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

6.81 3 cone for Noah Fant

(03-02-2019, 02:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Did anyone else hear that the tacks were interested in Antonio Brown?

Low 4.4s what I'm predicting.

(03-02-2019, 02:34 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 02:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Did anyone else hear that the tacks were interested in Antonio Brown?

Low 4.4s what I'm predicting.

If you are right, barring some sort of positive drug test or failed physical, I see no way he slides out of the top half of the first round.

(03-02-2019, 03:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 02:34 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Low 4.4s what I'm predicting.

If you are right, barring some sort of positive drug test or failed physical, I see no way he slides out of the top half of the first round.

Wow!

(03-02-2019, 04:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Wow!

Almost want to sign Foles and Grab Metcalf at 7...

(03-02-2019, 04:05 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 03:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If you are right, barring some sort of positive drug test or failed physical, I see no way he slides out of the top half of the first round.

I'd say that officially locks him up as the WR1 and a top 10 pick.

Height, weight, speed and he's damn strong. 27 reps on the bench with nearly 35 inch arm length. Dude did more reps than a good chunk of the OL guys lol.

(03-02-2019, 04:11 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

I can think of worse options at this point.

My questions now are how is his route running and how is his neck?

As expected Metcalf will finish with a Julio esque athletic profile

(03-02-2019, 04:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 04:11 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Almost want to sign Foles and Grab Metcalf at 7...

I can think of worse options at this point.

Most of his routes were vertical or screen type...Brown and Lodge were the better route runners for sure but DK has that speed and size that all he ever needed was the vertical stuff.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 04:55 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

(03-02-2019, 04:11 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

If we end up with Foles, I’ll be rooting for Metcalf at 7.

(03-02-2019, 12:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Noah Fant ran a 4.51 40, which was faster than D. Hopkins '4.57.

If pushing off was a combine drill Hopkins would have set records.

(03-02-2019, 03:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 02:34 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Low 4.4s what I'm predicting.

If the Jags are interested in him, they need to do a bunch of research. Compare his current body to all pictures available, review his program that he has been on, and get agreement to test him all the time before the draft.

If they are satisfied that he is clean, then draft him. He has less body fat than body builders who are all using PEDs so it just doesn't look natural.

Then send LF to them and force him on their program to get ready for the season.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 05:00 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-02-2019, 04:45 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 04:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I can think of worse options at this point.

Most of his routes were vertical or screen type...Brown and Lodge were the better route runners for sure but DK has that speed and size that all he ever needed was the vertical stuff.

I know he had a limited route tree at Ole Miss, but with his size and speed, he shouldn't be running many hooks or hitches.  He should run a lot of go, slants/drags, posts and maybe deep ins.  He needs patterns where the QB can hit him in stride.

By the way, can you imagine the practice battles between he and Ramsey?

They just showed the simulcam showing Metcalf, Patrick Peterson, Jalen Ramsey and Richard Sherman running the 40 and Metcalf pulled away from all of them.

Get a TE in the first round
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Jarrett Stidham looks like the real deal. Tom Bradyesque. If Jaguars are smart they'll target him with the #7 pick

(03-02-2019, 05:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jarrett Stidham looks like the real deal. Tom Bradyesque.  If Jaguars are smart they'll target him with the #7 pick

Good one lol