Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Cohen Hearing

Democrats already off to a great start. "Yeah, he totally broke the rules and his attorney stated the intent, but he broke them for us as well as you, so whatevs. Deal with it."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don’t think anyone believes these hearings will be anything but a [BLEEP] show! It is just more political grandstanding.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-27-2019, 11:21 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I don’t think anyone believes these hearings will be anything but a [BLEEP] show! It is just more political grandstanding.

Cohen's statements and evidence had some interesting details and some even more interesting evidence, but it was also full of "Donald Trump is bad and he should feel bad" nonsense.

Of course, we won't be hearing much about the evidence. We'll just hear Democrats coddling Cohen and Republicans shouting at Cohen and Democrats.

The fact the democrats choose to do this on a day POTUS is trying to negotiate nuclear peace with NK tells you everything you need to know. I am not really sure how any American citizen can choose to stand with these people and their politics.

(02-27-2019, 11:22 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 11:21 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I don’t think anyone believes these hearings will be anything but a [BLEEP] show! It is just more political grandstanding.

Cohen's statements and evidence had some interesting details and some even more interesting evidence, but it was also full of "Donald Trump is bad and he should feel bad" nonsense.

Of course, we won't be hearing much about the evidence. We'll just hear Democrats coddling Cohen and Republicans shouting at Cohen and Democrats.

No doubt. It has so far been “I’m loyal” and Trump is “selfish and persuasive”. It is interesting to hear mention of person #1 while an investigation is ongoing. The rest is just slanderous hearsay with a ton of contradiction. Also interesting how he is being allowed to share financial records against federal law. 

Hearing will follow a playbook and be damaging to Trump whether there is legit info or not.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 12:00 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

We don't need Cohen's testimony to prove Trump is a compulsive liar.  That said, it will be more critical what is going on behind the scenes with the tons of evidence that Mueller is accumulating.   

Another Trump loyalist going to jail - imagine that !!!

Jordan's not doing himself any favors by painting Cohen as a guy doing this because he was passed over for a job...even though attorneys had told him not to take that job.

Ooooooh, Wasserman Schultz, this should be fun!

(02-27-2019, 12:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We don't need Cohen's testimony to prove Trump is a compulsive liar.  That said, it will be more critical what is going on behind the scenes with the tons of evidence that Mueller is accumulating.   

Another Trump loyalist going to jail - imagine that !!!

Sigh.

Just like every politician?

Start rallying against all of them.

Cohen: "I can't speculate about something like that. I really can't. It wouldn't be fair or accurate. But yes."

It's amazing how closely this resembles a mob trial. The witness is a guy who's committed all kinds of crimes for the boss, the prosecution is throwing softball questions presented as hardballs, and the defense is attacking his credibility rather than attacking the facts as he's presenting him.

One more then I'll shut up. Someone's tipping their hand here. When you can't shoot down the statement, attack the person making it...

(02-27-2019, 12:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: One more then I'll shut up. Someone's tipping their hand here. When you can't shoot down the statement, attack the person making it...

He's totally telling the truth this time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I was sceptical of this hearing from the beginning but when you work directly with the committee chair and Schiff to draft remarks and get the testimony preapproved...even less credibility if that is possible.

Just another "Get Trump" Scheme by the Democrats. The whole Mueller thing has been a witch hunt from the beginning.........
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(02-27-2019, 01:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 12:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: One more then I'll shut up. Someone's tipping their hand here. When you can't shoot down the statement, attack the person making it...

He's totally telling the truth this time.

Then shoot down the facts. He brought paper evidence forward. If he's lying, that should be really easy to shoot down. Instead, it's all about how terrible a person Cohen is. That's the sort of strategy you take when you can't debunk the evidence.

Call me if anything new is discussed

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 01:38 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

TJ, your TDS is flaring up again.

Let me help you. Congress' star witness is going to prison for lying to Congress. The end.

(02-27-2019, 01:18 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just another "Get Trump" Scheme by the Democrats. The whole Mueller thing has been a witch hunt from the beginning.........

hehehehe

Is anyone surprised at any of this? Donald has been a public figure for 30 years. Much of what Cohen is telling us has been part of the public domain for a very long time. Just go back and read the New York Post or Daily News. Or old Howard Stern shows. The guy's been a sleaze for a long, long time.

I love the way some (looking at you, punk Jim Jordan) try to discredit Cohen without realizing how that makes Trump look. He hired the guy and had him as his personal attorney. What does that say about Donald's judgement of someone's character? Or perhaps Cohen was just doing what he was told, and paid, to do.

Waiting for Byron LeftTown's insightful take ...

OK, now let's get back to watching Donald profess his love for a murderous Communist dictator.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-27-2019, 01:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TJ, your TDS is flaring up again.

Let me help you. Congress' star witness is going to prison for lying to Congress. The end.

Ironic, yes, but if you think it means he's lying now, that's the genetic fallacy.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-27-2019, 01:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TJ, your TDS is flaring up again.

I remain thoroughly skeptical of Cohen, don't get me wrong. I just think it's curious that the Republican playbook has been to attack the witness. It's only after the break that they made the good point about when Assange went public and the bad point about boxes being surrendered (they were in the raid, and they were returned). This is a mob trial by all appearances. Defense attorneys don't win those by disputing facts, because they can't. They win them by attacking the witnesses. Some Democrat or another made the point and it rings true: you don't win a mob trial with a squeaky clean witness.