Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Cohen Hearing

(02-27-2019, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 01:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TJ, your TDS is flaring up again.

Let me help you. Congress' star witness is going to prison for lying to Congress. The end.

Ironic, yes, but if you think it means he's lying now, that's the genetic fallacy.

Personally, I haven't watched or listened to a second of his testimony today because I simply don't care. If they had anything of significance, we would know it by now. They don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 02:41 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

I guess the Mueller report is a yawner, so the Dems gotta parade a convicted liar around to spread some scuttlebutt.

Meanwhile, Trump is saving the world from nuclear holocaust.

(02-27-2019, 01:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ironic, yes, but if you think it means he's lying now, that's the genetic fallacy.

Personally, I haven't watched or listened to a second of his testimony today because I simply don't care. If they had anything of significance, we would know it by now. They don't.

He's being oddly complimentary of the guy he's supposedly been sent on a mission to destroy. Just strongly, harshly refuted the idea that Trump would ever hit Melania.

Some good questions have been raised of him, and some by him. Lots of partisan [BLEEP] on both sides, but more from the GOP than the Dems. Definitely nothing impeachable out of this. Some threads that should be tugged on to see what comes of them, but nothing that any sane person would impeach on.

And just like that, we have another GOP Representative pissing and moaning about Cohen's character instead of saying anything of consequence or asking any questions at all. Just looking for a bunch of hot-headed quotes for the local news to show to her four-toothed, squirrel-eating blue-skinned constituents back home in West Virginia.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 03:19 PM by TJBender.)

And the hand was just laid on the table. When discussing the settlement paid to Stormy Daniels, Cohen was asked if anyone could corroborate it. He said Trump's name. It's a perjury trap.

(02-27-2019, 03:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: And the hand was just laid on the table. When discussing the settlement paid to Stormy Daniels, Cohen was asked if anyone could corroborate it. He said Trump's name. It's an impeachment trap.

No, you're kidding...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-27-2019, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 03:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: And the hand was just laid on the table. When discussing the settlement paid to Stormy Daniels, Cohen was asked if anyone could corroborate it. He said Trump's name. It's an impeachment trap.

No, you're kidding...

Nah, I was just wondering how they'd get to the endpoint.

(02-27-2019, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

No, you're kidding...

Derp...I feel the dumbs. I mean perjury trap.

(02-27-2019, 03:18 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, you're kidding...

Either one is really the same goal here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Frank Burns should become the official face of the democrat party.

(02-27-2019, 03:18 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, you're kidding...

"Claims of a perjury trap are common when perjury charges result from testimony before a grand jury, but are rarely proven.[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/#cite_note-3][/url] No US federal court has ever accepted a motion to dismiss because of claimed perjury trap. The defense is extremely difficult, because the question that elicited the perjured testimony must be immaterial to the case in which it was asked, and courts construe very broadly what questions count as material to a case. 
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Was there a reason for this "testimony" other than to portray President Trump in a way that liberals agree with?  There was zero (0) evidence of any laws being broken and nothing, zero (0) nada that revealed anything illegal.  No "collusion".  Nothing.

This was nothing more than political grandstanding.

So allegedly President Trump knew about the impending dump on Wikileaks of democrat party emails ahead of time and commented that "it would be good".  Were any laws broken?  Was anything proven that he had a hand in it?  NOPE.

Payments were made to a tramp to keep her yap shut regarding an alleged affair.  Is there anything illegal about that?  NOPE.

The bottom line is that if there is actual evidence of President Trump colluding with the Russian government, it certainly wasn't exposed or shown other than a liar's unconvincing and un-collaborated testimony.  It's not like there is a stain on some Russian women spy's dress or something.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-27-2019, 12:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 12:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We don't need Cohen's testimony to prove Trump is a compulsive liar.  That said, it will be more critical what is going on behind the scenes with the tons of evidence that Mueller is accumulating.   

Another Trump loyalist going to jail - imagine that !!!

Sigh.

Just like every politician?

Start rallying against all of them.

Unlike many politicians, Trump often lies for no strategic reason beyond self gratification or self aggrandizing. He even lies when the truth might serve him better.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-27-2019, 06:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Was there a reason for this "testimony" other than to portray President Trump in a way that liberals agree with?  There was zero (0) evidence of any laws being broken and nothing, zero (0) nada that revealed anything illegal.  No "collusion".  Nothing.

So allegedly President Trump knew about the impending dump on Wikileaks of democrat party emails ahead of time and commented that "it would be good".  Were any laws broken?  Was anything proven that he had a hand in it?  NOPE.

Payments were made to a tramp to keep her yap shut regarding an alleged affair.  Is there anything illegal about that?  NOPE.

The bottom line is that if there is actual evidence of President Trump colluding with the Russian government, it certainly wasn't exposed or shown other than a liar's unconvincing and un-collaborated testimony.  It's not like there is a stain on some Russian women spy's dress or something.

Except that now Democrats have a laundry list of names from Cohen, and I anticipate them issuing subpoenas to all of them.

(02-27-2019, 07:55 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 06:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Was there a reason for this "testimony" other than to portray President Trump in a way that liberals agree with?  There was zero (0) evidence of any laws being broken and nothing, zero (0) nada that revealed anything illegal.  No "collusion".  Nothing.

Except that now Democrats have a laundry list of names from Cohen, and I anticipate them issuing subpoenas to all of them.

Good. Let them waste their time and our money. We will see how the voters feel about that in 2020.

(02-27-2019, 07:22 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 12:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Sigh.

Just like every politician?

Start rallying against all of them.

Unlike many politicians, Trump often lies for no strategic reason beyond self gratification or self aggrandizing. He even lies when the truth might serve him better.

That's unlike other politicians? Nah

This whole thing is a bizarre dog and pony show, but it leaves me cheering. It's nothing more than an organized temper tantrum that will quickly evaporate in significance and ultimately undermine dem election efforts. Now we see what the democrats are truly made of when the collusion of their media and weaponized state confederates are exposed. I am truly, truly thankful everyday for the blessings that Hillary Clinton has brought this country.

(02-27-2019, 09:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This whole thing is a bizarre dog and pony show, but it leaves me cheering. It's nothing more than an organized temper tantrum that will quickly evaporate in significance and ultimately undermine dem election efforts. Now we see what the democrats are truly made of when the collusion of their media and weaponized state confederates are exposed. I am truly, truly thankful everyday for the blessings that Hillary Clinton has brought this country.

It's already been exposed. Over and over again. No one cares. Hillary lost. Get over it.

(02-27-2019, 08:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 07:22 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Unlike many politicians, Trump often lies for no strategic reason beyond self gratification or self aggrandizing. He even lies when the truth might serve him better.

That's unlike other politicians? Nah

When most politicians lie, it's to hide motives or mislead in an attempt to convince. They seldom lie about things easily refuted like, say, crowd size.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 11:16 PM by pirkster.)

This was a delight. His testimony, should you choose to believe a convicted liar, slammed the door on all the conspiracy theories.

Dems didn't expect this to blow up in their face as badly as it did.

All they got out of it was more character smearing. Irony there is, those who voted for him knew about his character before they voted for him. His support will not change.

Because it has nothing to do with the good he's brought this country, and the darkness he's leading it out from.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(02-27-2019, 10:50 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 09:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This whole thing is a bizarre dog and pony show, but it leaves me cheering. It's nothing more than an organized temper tantrum that will quickly evaporate in significance and ultimately undermine dem election efforts. Now we see what the democrats are truly made of when the collusion of their media and weaponized state confederates are exposed. I am truly, truly thankful everyday for the blessings that Hillary Clinton has brought this country.

It's already been exposed. Over and over again. No one cares. Hillary lost. Get over it.

Not sure if you’re missing the point on purpose?