Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Cohen Hearing

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 09:40 AM by The Real Marty.)

(02-27-2019, 11:16 PM)pirkster Wrote: This was a delight.  His testimony, should you choose to believe a convicted liar, slammed the door on all the conspiracy theories.

Dems didn't expect this to blow up in their face as badly as it did.

All they got out of it was more character smearing.  Irony there is, those who voted for him knew about his character before they voted for him.  His support will not change.

Because it has nothing to do with the good he's brought this country, and the darkness he's leading it out from.

Every Mafia case depends on a member of the Mafia turning state's evidence.  So the defense attorneys do exactly what the Republicans did in yesterday's hearing.   It's like when Sammy "the bull" Gravano testified against John Gotti.   Gotti's attorney attempted to sway the jury by detailing all of Sammy Gravano's past crimes.   So for the Republicans to say "How can you have a convicted liar as your star witness?" is pretty predictable.  And not very persuasive.  Because criminals are so often convicted on the testimony of other criminals.  

Funniest line of the day was (paraphrasing)- "The Republicans aren't mad at you because you're a liar.  They're mad at you because you've quit lying."  

I don't know what it will all produce, but it was good TV.

Trump's personal attorney is going to jail for 3 years.  And now Trump talks incessantly about what a bad guy Cohen is, what a liar he is, what a sack of [BLEEP].  What does that say about Trump, who employed the guy for 10 years?  Great judge of character?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Point of order before kick off was good, rule 9 for delay
Jordan had the chairman on the ropes did you see him looking for help from the dems what do I do ???????
The chairman had help into his chair and almost fell off when pasted with the Jordan fastball point of order
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 10:18 AM by The Real Joker2.)

(02-28-2019, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 11:16 PM)pirkster Wrote: This was a delight.  His testimony, should you choose to believe a convicted liar, slammed the door on all the conspiracy theories.

All they got out of it was more character smearing.  Irony there is, those who voted for him knew about his character before they voted for him.  His support will not change.

Because it has nothing to do with the good he's brought this country, and the darkness he's leading it out from.

Every Mafia case depends on a member of the Mafia turning state's evidence.  So the defense attorneys do exactly what the Republicans did in yesterday's hearing.   It's like when Sammy "the bull" Gravano testified against John Gotti.   Gotti's attorney attempted to sway the jury by detailing all of Sammy Gravano's past crimes.   So for the Republicans to say "How can you have a convicted liar as your star witness?" is pretty predictable.  And not very persuasive.  Because criminals are so often convicted on the testimony of other criminals.  

Funniest line of the day was (paraphrasing)- "The Republicans aren't mad at you because you're a liar.  They're mad at you because you've quit lying."  

Trump's personal attorney is going to jail for 3 years.  And now Trump talks incessantly about what a bad guy Cohen is, what a liar he is, what a sack of [BLEEP].  What does that say about Trump, who employed the guy for 10 years?  Great judge of character?

He was labeled a liar AFTER he was caught lying in 2017.   Don't you think Cohen's character wasn't in need to be judged until he said that Trump never told him specifically to lie about the proposed Moscow deal but that Trump “in his way” indicated that he wanted Cohen to be dishonest about it only to attempt to change it now with Accusations.

(02-28-2019, 09:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 10:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: It's already been exposed. Over and over again. No one cares. Hillary lost. Get over it.

Not sure if you’re missing the point on purpose?

Part sarcasm, part tired of hearing the right whine about Hillary's emails in 2019. She's out of politics, never to return. Stop whining about her and tell me why the hell nothing changed about my financial situation except the fact that more money was taken out of my paycheck and I get to write Uncle Donald a $400 higher check than I did under the old tax laws that were hurting me somehow.

(02-28-2019, 09:43 AM)13Coronas Wrote: Point of order before kick off was good, rule 9 for delay
Jordan had the chairman on the ropes did you see him looking for help from the dems what do I do ???????
The chairman had help into his chair and almost fell off when pasted with the Jordan fastball point of order

Yes, the chairman definitely looked like a man completely floored and flabbergasted when he was defending Congressman Meadows against an unfair, slimy, sleazeball attack on his character from a grandstanding Democrat who wanted her name in the papers. The Democrats were as screwed by Cohen's failure to follow protocol as anyone else, and Congressman Jordan's strongest point was the one he glossed over--CNN had the testimony and evidence nine hours before any member of Congress did. If, as Cohen claimed, his team was working on those documents until early in the morning, why did CNN have a to-the-letter copy of his opening statement so far ahead of time? Was it a breach of protocol? Yes. Did it affect the hearing? Clearly not--Republicans could have compiled all of their talking points in five minutes flat. "Michael Cohen is a liar and nobody should believe anything he says."

All of the book and movie nonsense was just that--nonsense. I wonder how many of the people in that room are going to refuse a book or movie deal on principle after their careers are over. I wonder how many of them have already written books? Cohen is a central figure in one of the highest-profile government proceedings since Watergate. His testimony opened the door to numerous other subpoenas, which is exactly what it was meant to do. Book deal aside, if he lied in there yesterday and it's proven down the line, he'd stand to face additional prison time, which would probably affect his ability to release a book anytime soon. Do I believe Cohen? Yes and no. I don't think he intentionally lied yesterday. He's not an idiot--he knows what he's risking by lying again. I do think that he engaged in far more speculation than he should have, and the chances that some of that speculation is incorrect or unproveable are 100%. He clearly has an axe to grind, but at the same time he was oddly complementary of Trump as a person for someone who suffers "TDS". Even as he blasted Trump in his closing, he said that President Trump's behavior doesn't mesh with the Donald Trump he knew for ten years before winning the Presidency. That doesn't fit the profile of someone who's determined to destroy Trump politically at any cost. Using the concept that our always on-topic green blooded hobgoblin friend always claims to employ, it doesn't fit the evidence before us.

Also, don't you have some eggs to fry?

(02-27-2019, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 01:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TJ, your TDS is flaring up again.

Let me help you. Congress' star witness is going to prison for lying to Congress. The end.

Ironic, yes, but if you think it means he's lying now, that's the genetic fallacy.

Look at you providing links now. 

Thanks, and +1
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The flaw with the above is that instead of a case in a court of law, this was more of a hearing reviewing Accusations by A lawyer that has been disbarred for lying and reversing what he said to congress. Not the best witness I am sure you would agree.

(02-27-2019, 12:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 12:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We don't need Cohen's testimony to prove Trump is a compulsive liar.  That said, it will be more critical what is going on behind the scenes with the tons of evidence that Mueller is accumulating.   

Another Trump loyalist going to jail - imagine that !!!

Sigh.

Just like every politician?

Start rallying against all of them.

I don't disagree with your statement.

(02-28-2019, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 12:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Sigh.

Just like every politician?

Start rallying against all of them.

I don't disagree with your statement.

Good..

I wish we would all agree that no matter the letter by the name they're all out for themselves.. even if they didn't start off that way initially. The government corrupts everyone.

I wish there was an actual, real solution.

(02-28-2019, 11:18 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I don't disagree with your statement.

Good..

I wish we would all agree that no matter the letter by the name they're all out for themselves.. even if they didn't start off that way initially. The government corrupts everyone.

I wish there was an actual, real solution.
Well everyone except Trump of course.

If Cohen were testifying against Hillary, he would have been dead 48 hours ago........

Change my mind........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(02-28-2019, 12:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: If Cohen were testifying against Hillary, he would have been dead 48 hours ago........

Change my mind........

Paula Jones and Juanita Broderick are both still alive.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-28-2019, 12:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: If Cohen were testifying against Hillary, he would have been dead 48 hours ago........

Change my mind........

Not gonna try to, because you and I actually agree on something. February 28, 2019. Mark that date down.

When Paul Manafort dies in prison days before he's scheduled to appear in Congress, mark that one as a kill for the other team, ok? It's not just the Clintons that have a funny way of arranging suicides and accidents.

(02-28-2019, 10:26 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 09:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not sure if you’re missing the point on purpose?

Part sarcasm, part tired of hearing the right whine about Hillary's emails in 2019. She's out of politics, never to return. Stop whining about her and tell me why the hell nothing changed about my financial situation except the fact that more money was taken out of my paycheck and I get to write Uncle Donald a $400 higher check than I did under the old tax laws that were hurting me somehow.

My point being that Crooked Hillary stripped bare the whole sleazy leftist collusion of media and weaponized government. We all knew it was there, but because of her, there is absolutely no pretense now. We now know there are elements within the FBI, DOJ, and IRS who openly violate objectivity rules and operate on an political scale. THAT is why I’m grateful for Hillary Clinton. 

My financial situation stayed similar to last year's and I wrote a check to the IRS that was $500 less. Did Uncle Bernie do your books?

Hint:

This is not a "case" against anyone...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 06:54 AM by 13Coronas.)

Its over
In the Cohen 20 page opening dumb Obama Cohen stated he would do anything to protect his family
Word is coming out that muller was going to send L Cohen to jail for 30 years if Cohen didn’t do this deal
It’s over
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”

(03-02-2019, 06:48 AM)13Coronas Wrote: Its over
In the Cohen 20 page opening dumb Obama Cohen stated he would do anything to protect his family
Word is coming out that muller was going to send L Cohen to jail for 30 years if Cohen didn’t do this deal
It’s over

Dude, go learn how to fry eggs and come back when you have a basic understanding of how the justice system in this country works. Plea deals are used all. the. time. to get evidence from a material witness who has been implicated in the crime. This isn't the first time it's been used and it's not going to be the last, and if you think that a plea deal automatically invalidates the testimony given, then you must really like the idea of murderers walking free. It's incredibly common for accomplices to be given a lighter sentence or allowed to walk free in exchange for testifying against someone else or others. So, eggman, which is it? Would you rather plea deals be allowed to continue in use, or would you rather have murderers, rapists, arsonists and all kinds of other violent offenders walking the streets because the only person who could testify against them happens to be dead?

(03-02-2019, 01:03 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 06:48 AM)13Coronas Wrote: Its over
It’s over

Dude, go learn how to fry eggs and come back when you have a basic understanding of how the justice system in this country works. Plea deals are used all. the. time. to get evidence from a material witness who has been implicated in the crime. This isn't the first time it's been used and it's not going to be the last, and if you think that a plea deal automatically invalidates the testimony given, then you must really like the idea of murderers walking free. It's incredibly common for accomplices to be given a lighter sentence or allowed to walk free in exchange for testifying against someone else or others. So, eggman, which is it? Would you rather plea deals be allowed to continue in use, or would you rather have murderers, rapists, arsonists and all kinds of other violent offenders walking the streets because the only person who could testify against them happens to be dead?

Generally a plea is for a reduction of your own sentence as an accomplice in the crime, not to get your spouse off of totally unrelated charges. This appears quite unseemly by the prosecutor.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He has no evidence of wrongdoing and was just referred for two more criminal investigations of perjury.

If he could have proven collusion he wouldn't be going to jail. He wrote a manuscript that literally contradicts every word he said.

He plead to smear the president and save his wife. I'm beginning to think that he's lying badly out of loyalty to Trump.

(03-02-2019, 01:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:03 PM)TJBender Wrote: Dude, go learn how to fry eggs and come back when you have a basic understanding of how the justice system in this country works. Plea deals are used all. the. time. to get evidence from a material witness who has been implicated in the crime. This isn't the first time it's been used and it's not going to be the last, and if you think that a plea deal automatically invalidates the testimony given, then you must really like the idea of murderers walking free. It's incredibly common for accomplices to be given a lighter sentence or allowed to walk free in exchange for testifying against someone else or others. So, eggman, which is it? Would you rather plea deals be allowed to continue in use, or would you rather have murderers, rapists, arsonists and all kinds of other violent offenders walking the streets because the only person who could testify against them happens to be dead?

Generally a plea is for a reduction of your own sentence as an accomplice in the crime, not to get your spouse off of totally unrelated charges. This appears quite unseemly by the prosecutor.

Mueller: "Give me what I want or I'll shoot you!"

Victim: "No!"
Mueller: "Then give me what I want or I'll shoot your wife!"

It also works if you threaten a man's son.

Mueller is the scum of the Earth.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-02-2019, 07:07 PM)Hi Hey MalabarJag Wrote: Prague
(03-02-2019, 01:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Generally a plea is for a reduction of your own sentence as an accomplice in the crime, not to get your spouse off of totally unrelated charges. This appears quite unseemly by the prosecutor.

Mueller: "Give me what I want or I'll shoot you!"

Victim: "No!"
Mueller: "Then give me what I want or I'll shoot your wife!"

It also works if you threaten a man's son.

Mueller is the scum of the Earth.

Hey balut for brains Take a breath here is how it pans out only 1 line was true Cohen has not been to Prague the fisa is cracked scramble that