Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump says Cohen’s newly revealed book proposal blows up testimony:

Trump says Cohen’s newly revealed book proposal blows up testimony: ‘Totally discredited!’

President Trump on Friday blasted Michael Cohen over a newly reported book proposal that apparently painted the president in a positive light, saying his former lawyer's pitch contradicts this week's congressional testimony and renders him “totally discredited.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-s...iscredited
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Won't matter. Cohen was just a pawn to open a few more doors for the two high priced lawyers to salivate over and entrap. After the testimony, they now have reason to access tax returns and investigate campaign funds further. The Mueller report is now secondary to the impeachment hunt.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-01-2019, 05:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Won't matter. Cohen was just a pawn to open a few more doors for the two high priced lawyers to salivate over and entrap. After the testimony, they now have reason to access tax returns and investigate campaign funds further. The Mueller report is now secondary to the impeachment hunt.

Yup.

They know there's nothing to these collusion claims, so they've been looking for something else to get him on.

(03-01-2019, 05:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Won't matter. Cohen was just a pawn to open a few more doors for the two high priced lawyers to salivate over and entrap. After the testimony, they now have reason to access tax returns and investigate campaign funds further. The Mueller report is now secondary to the impeachment hunt.

Cohen's purpose was served when he gave a list of names of people with more information that included Donald Trump.

(03-01-2019, 09:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Cohen's purpose was served when he gave a list of names of people with more information that included Donald Trump.
Somewhat agree but I’m fairly certain Mueller has had that list for years.

I feel so sorry for Michael Cohen. The Mueller team reportedly threatened his wife with 30 years for cosigning a loan that they paid back because of inaccuracies in The application.

In reality 42% of Americans believe collusion happened and it affected votes. Going from the plot of Austin Powers to a referendum on the accuracy of some FEC disclosure form is going to be a huge disappointment. Under promise, over deliver.

(03-01-2019, 11:37 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 09:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: Cohen's purpose was served when he gave a list of names of people with more information that included Donald Trump.
Somewhat agree but I’m fairly certain Mueller has had that list for years.

If they wanted Trump on taxes there's an established and easy to use process to do so. They know there's nothing there either so we're getting show trials with testimony at the point of a gun
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 10:16 PM by mikesez.)

(03-02-2019, 02:17 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I feel so sorry for Michael Cohen.  The Mueller team reportedly threatened his wife with 30 years for cosigning a loan that they paid back because of inaccuracies in The application.  

In reality 42% of Americans believe collusion happened and it affected votes.  Going from the plot of Austin Powers to a referendum on the accuracy of some FEC disclosure form is going to be a huge disappointment.  Under promise, over deliver.

The collusion question is really hard to poll.

I don't think Russian citizens voted, I don't think they paid people to vote, I don't think they were able to change the counting of votes, none of the above.
I think the government of Russia openly cheered the campaigns of Bernie and Trump.  I mean, they did it on their RT channel that many of us with cable can watch.  And they did it all over social media.  And that definitely caused at least a few Americans to change their minds about how they were going to vote.  And they definitely tried to get things from Trump, from the more innocent changing adoption policies to the less innocent evasion of sanctions.  And Trump has been derelict in enforcing some of the sanctions.  So I don't know how I would respond to such a question.

I don't know if this is what will get him.  It would be ironic.  Ultimately we may have overreached when we expanded NATO.  We maybe should have gone for making the Eastern Bloc and Baltic countries more like Finland and less like Norway.  If any US politician pushed for reconsidering that policy, of course Russia would help that person.  

I want Trump gone for other reasons.  A man with his attention span and selfishness and vanity should never have been in the White House.  I just think it's such a waste.  He was popular enough, and he had Republicans in Congress, he could have reformed a lot more.  He could have actually changed NATO.  Or health care.  Or energy policy.  Or done maternity leave like Ivanka promised.  Instead he instituted tariffs using a national security clause in an arcane piece of legislation.  As if Canada's steel production affects our national security.  He only did that because it's the one big change he can do without Congress's permission and without too many lawsuits.  He could have gotten those things if he flattered the right members of Congress and gave them what they wanted.  But everything is a one-way street in that man's mind.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-03-2019, 10:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 02:17 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I feel so sorry for Michael Cohen.  The Mueller team reportedly threatened his wife with 30 years for cosigning a loan that they paid back because of inaccuracies in The application.  

In reality 42% of Americans believe collusion happened and it affected votes.  Going from the plot of Austin Powers to a referendum on the accuracy of some FEC disclosure form is going to be a huge disappointment.  Under promise, over deliver.

The collusion question is really hard to poll.

I don't think Russian citizens voted, I don't think they paid people to vote, I don't think they were able to change the counting of votes, none of the above.
I think the government of Russia openly cheered the campaigns of Bernie and Trump.  I mean, they did it on their RT channel that many of us with cable can watch.  And they did it all over social media.  And that definitely caused at least a few Americans to change their minds about how they were going to vote.  And they definitely tried to get things from Trump, from the more innocent changing adoption policies to the less innocent evasion of sanctions.  And Trump has been derelict in enforcing some of the sanctions.  So I don't know how I would respond to such a question.  

I don't know if this is what will get him.  It would be ironic.  Ultimately we may have overreached when we expanded NATO.  We maybe should have gone for making the Eastern Bloc and Baltic countries more like Finland and less like Norway.  If any US politician pushed for reconsidering that policy, of course Russia would help that person.  

I want Trump gone for other reasons.  A man with his attention span and selfishness and vanity should never have been in the White House.  I just think it's such a waste.  He was popular enough, and he had Republicans in Congress, he could have reformed a lot more.  He could have actually changed NATO.  Or health care.  Or energy policy.  Or done maternity leave like Ivanka promised.  Instead he instituted tariffs using a national security clause in an arcane piece of legislation.  As if Canada's steel production affects our national security.  He only did that because it's the one big change he can do without Congress's permission and without too many lawsuits.  He could have gotten those things if he flattered the right members of Congress and gave them what they wanted.  But everything is a one-way street in that man's mind.
Speaking of one way street, you need to turn onto a side street and realize that “selfish” man has addressed and/or is working on each item you mentioned and more, even with resistance at every turn. I really dislike when people’s blind hate shuts down their vision and puts the blinders on. Even if the dude is an [BLEEP], he’d absolutely be killing it if he had more “swamp” support. I love the fact he is playing hardball and not signing bills that contain a rediculous amount of backdoor legislation that you appear to be fond of. 

NATO: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/po...trump.html

Healthcare: https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/healthcare/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robinseaton...402ab9331f

Maternity: He has been pushing since 2016. Anyways...https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/12/trumps-b...leave.html

Energy: https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases

Tariffs: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/world...exico.html

https://ihsmarkit.com/research-analysis/...riffs.html

...and China deal in the works.

[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/politics/nato-president-trump.html][/url]