Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How high a priority is RB depth (and who do you like this draft for Jags)?

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 06:48 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

I, for one, would not give up on 4net already but, that being said, he certainly did not bolster confidence that he can be depended on and/or that he might be a tad stiff and lack vision to excel at this level.

So, between his injury history and style, if the Jags plan on "going for it" in 2019 (and all indications are that they are) the Jags should probably draft a RB - how high? - well, not in the 1st but before round 7, most likely.

So, here is how Walter's stacks them up.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php

1st of all, I like Jacobs of Alb, but I think he will go end of the 1st or by mid 2nd. That is too high for the Jags considering their needs, so he is out. 
Same with Alb Harris. 

But Snell for KY? If he falls to the 3rd round pick of Jags, they got to take him. Who can forget the whooping he put on UF, with 175 yards and 6.5 aypc? This kid
would be fabulous coming in off the bench OR as being the starter if 4net flames out. 

Justice Hill just ran the fasted 40 time of any RB. This product of Okl. can boogie and would be worthy of a 3rd rounder. 

Want one from left field? How about the kid from Slippery Rock?

Wes Hills, RB, Slippery Rock 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 209. Arm: 32.38. Hand: 8.88. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-4. From Walters:

2/2/19: Hills averaged 7.0 yards per carry in 2018 for 1,714 yards with 17 touchdowns. He also had 28 receptions for 193 yards. Prior to an injury, Hills ran well at the Senior Bowl, showing some strength and quickness. 

8/28/18: Hills has the attention of NFL evaluators after transferring down to Division II from Delaware. He has a nice combination of size and speed. At Delaware, Hills averaged 6.5 yards per carry for 1,849 yards with 14 touchdowns.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php#ixzz5gxidDR6F

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.ph...6W3JyDd.99

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You're just intent on finding a way to put discussions about college players in the Jags section..aren't you?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I’d look to daft a #2 back in the 4th round.

(Or keep Hyde for that role if they don’t go nuts spending on Foles)

I don't think we draft one and I don't think we should draft one. Until I see he is cut, I believe Carlos Hyde sticks around and will be the #2. On top of that, this is an especially deep RB class and a ton of good RB's won't get drafted due to the class being so large. I believe we will add RB depth via an UDFA or two.

(03-01-2019, 07:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think we draft one and I don't think we should draft one. Until I see he is cut, I believe Carlos Hyde sticks around and will be the #2. On top of that, this is an especially deep RB class and a ton of good RB's won't get drafted due to the class being so large. I believe we will add RB depth via an UDFA or two.

Very possible, and I agree on the UDFA depth.

It's a need because Fournette is always a big injury risk+ we don't have much depth+ need some versatility.

I agree 4th is probably the earlier I wanna go depending on who's there in the 3rd round.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 07:54 PM by Eric1.)

4th at the absolute earliest.

OG, TE and WR all need to be addressed before a RB. Obviously QB as well, but that's a no brainer.

1 - QB
2 - OG/TE
3 - OG/TE
3 - WR
4 - RB
6 - DE/DT/S
7 - DE/DT/S

Something like that would be nice imo. Obviously that's with the best case scenario being Haskins is still there at #7 and we don't have to trade up for him. Chances are we'll have to trade up for him though, but it'll be worth.

Now if Hyde is still in the plans for next season, I'd flip those picks around some and not go after a RB until the 6th or 7th round pick.

Darrell Henderson if he's there on day 3.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 10:11 AM by SeldomRite.)

Running back should never be a priority. Be the Texans with Arian Foster, or the Steelers with Willie Parker, or the broncos with Davis, or the Ravens with Priest Holmes. Stop being the browns with Richardson or the Jaguars with Fournette. Never draft a running back high, period. Never reach for one. Only draft them when their draft position is well below what it seems like it should be.