Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Day No Way

What guy or guys would you not want the Jaguars to draft under any circumstances?

The guy at the top of that list is Houston DT Ed Oliver. 

First, DT is far from this team's biggest need, even if Jackson is cut and you have your doubts about Bryan.

Secondly, Oliver is undersized.  One of the reasons Jackson is on his way out after being benched is because he played at a very light weight.

Furthermore, there have been many reports that Oliver was an off field concern, which is the last thing this team needs after last year.

Another guy on that list, at least at 7 overall, is Kyler Murray.  Bill Polian put it best, that if you take him, you'd better be prepared to change your offense completely around to an air raid type scheme.  Air raid type schemes don't work in the NFL, and would be a bad bad fit with our team.  Furthermore, the fact is he's too small.  Though he measured bigger than I'd feared, there is a reason teams tend to err towards the bigger player.  Add in the fact he's got just a year of experience and can always hold baseball over the head of any team he doesn't like, I wouldn't want the team to take the risk on him.

So who are the guys you want the Jaguars to avoid?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 06:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Kyler Murray. Enuff said.

Not really a fan of Rashan Gary either. He's all hype and little production.

You don't need an air raid offense to make Kyler Murray work in the NFL lol bill polian is way off again

Daniel Jones is really the only guy I'm totally out on

(03-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What guy or guys would you not want the Jaguars to draft under any circumstances?

First, DT is far from this team's biggest need, even if Jackson is cut and you have your doubts about Bryan.

Secondly, Oliver is undersized.  One of the reasons Jackson is on his way out after being benched is because he played at a very light weight.

Furthermore, there have been many reports that Oliver was an off field concern, which is the last thing this team needs after last year.

Another guy on that list, at least at 7 overall, is Kyler Murray.  Bill Polian put it best, that if you take him, you'd better be prepared to change your offense completely around to an air raid type scheme.  Air raid type schemes don't work in the NFL, and would be a bad bad fit with our team.  Furthermore, the fact is he's too small.  Though he measured bigger than I'd feared, there is a reason teams tend to err towards the bigger player.  Add in the fact he's got just a year of experience and can always hold baseball over the head of any team he doesn't like, I wouldn't want the team to take the risk on him.

Oliver measured in at basically 6'2" and 287.

Aaron Donald was 6"1" and 285...

I wouldn't knock him off based on size it would be because we dont need the position.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 08:15 PM by Eric1.)

I'm really starting to cool down on Kyler Murray. The guy just continues to raise question marks.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him quit football and go back to baseball at the very first signs of trouble in the NFL.

If he declines/doesn't weigh in again at his Pro Day, it's going to be very telling.

EDIT: and I'm not really saying he's an absolute no way draft pick. I'm just saying that he isn't doing himself any favors imo.

Any QB besides Haskins or Murray at 7. I am ok with a different QB if we trade back. WR at 7. That position is deep and there is no true elite WR in this draft. RB, but that goes without saying. I am not against a defender at 7, but only if Haskins and Murray are not available.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-01-2019, 07:35 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What guy or guys would you not want the Jaguars to draft under any circumstances?

Oliver measured in at basically 6'2" and 287.

I wouldn't knock him off based on size it would be because we dont need the position.

He isn't Aaron Donald.  Not close.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-01-2019, 08:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 07:35 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Oliver measured in at basically 6'2" and 287.

Wasn't trying to say he is but I wouldn't take him out of consideration due to size...if size was the issue Donald would have been off your board.

I just don't see where we would plug him in...he would be what we have in Bryan a 3tech than can kick out if needed...that would be why I wouldn't take him at 7.

(03-01-2019, 08:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 07:35 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Oliver measured in at basically 6'2" and 287.

Same size as Geno Atkins coming out pretty much

Haskins or Daniel Jones in the first

(03-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Dimson Wrote: Any QB besides Haskins or Murray at 7. I am ok with a different QB if we trade back. WR at 7. That position is deep and there is no true elite WR in this draft. RB, but that goes without saying. I am not against a defender at 7, but only if Haskins and Murray are not available.

With you on this. Any other QB at 7 would be dumb. The real no way though would be like a CB, cos it would mean they would be cutting Bouye or preparing for life without Ramsey... It would be horrific. Probably no chance of it happening though

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 09:59 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we get Foles anyone besides Metcalf or Hockenson in the first

Any defensive player in the first 3 picks unless the value is just to crazy to pass up

(03-02-2019, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we get Foles anyone besides Metcalf or Hockenson in the first

Any defensive player in the first 3 picks unless the value is just to crazy to pass up

Really setting yourself up to be disappointed here.

(03-02-2019, 10:22 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we get Foles anyone besides Metcalf or Hockenson in the first

Really setting yourself up to be disappointed here.

Probably, if we get Foles who do you think we draft in the first?

(03-02-2019, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 10:22 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Really setting yourself up to be disappointed here.

I agree with you that it comes down to Metcalf/Hockenson/or OL (Taylor/Ford)

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 01:40 PM by PF*.)

Assuming we get Foles, draft Devin White, LB LSU.

MLB is the last piece of the great defense- we move Jack back outside where he belongs and move Telvin Smith for a 5th.
Even more ideal would be to trade down to MIA at 13, take White there (but he'll be gone) and pick up an extra pick or two.

No Foles, then I don't know what to do. Everyone here is smarter than me and most, except Rico, are better looking so I'll defer to your sage observations.

On-Topic: no way- Ed Oliver, Marquise Lisfranc Brown, Kyler Murray, any CB, DT or S.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-02-2019, 01:39 PM)PF* Wrote: Assuming we get Foles, draft Devin White, LB LSU.

MLB is the last piece of the great defense- we move Jack back outside where he belongs and move Telvin Smith for a 5th.
Even more ideal would be to trade down to MIA at 13, take White there (but he'll be gone) and pick up an extra pick or two.

No Foles, then I don't know what to do. Everyone here is smarter than me and most, except Rico, are better looking so I'll defer to your sage observations.

On-Topic: no way- Ed Oliver, Marquise Lisfranc Brown, Kyler Murray, any CB, DT or S.

No to defense in any of the first three rounds...

We need QB/RG/TE just make the O serviceable.  Also could use RT/TE2/WR.

(03-02-2019, 12:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 10:22 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Really setting yourself up to be disappointed here.

I think OT most likely, wouldn't shock me if they take a pass rusher though

I agree. I don't think I have a specific player, but DT should not be even considered at 7. I'm praying we move up for Haskins. Mayfield was my qb last year. Haskins in mine this year. 

If it's not a QB, WR, OL, or TE with the #7, I think we've failed.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Polite out of UF. Apparently bad attitude about his interview sessions, then backed it up with a slow 40, and sat the rest of workouts out with a hammy. instant undraftable grade.

Otherwise, most every guy I would be fine if they darfted, although maybe not as high as ppl expect them to get picked. Murray or Jones would be fine as a 3rd or 4th rounder, for example. Taking either at 7 could have franchise-altering consequences. I don't like that Murray refused to participate in any of the drills, let alone attempt a throw. Jones' session likely proved that his ceiling is a backup, at least for now.