Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Day No Way

I just want them to address OL and TE early in the draft.
(QB too if they don’t sign Foles)

Anything given priority over these needs, I’d question. There are exceptions that make sense of course, but I think those spots should the focus early on.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 10:08 AM by Bullseye.)

By the way, Add Michigan DE Gary to that list.

Of all my years watching football, I've only known one Michigan DE to do anything in the NFL-Graham in Philly.

Gary seems to have good physical tools, but wasn't productive at Michigan.

I stand corrected:  Frank Clark has done quite well at DE.

I still don't want Gary.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 11:03 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What guy or guys would you not want the Jaguars to draft under any circumstances?

The guy at the top of that list is Houston DT Ed Oliver. 

First, DT is far from this team's biggest need, even if Jackson is cut and you have your doubts about Bryan.

Secondly, Oliver is undersized.  One of the reasons Jackson is on his way out after being benched is because he played at a very light weight.

Furthermore, there have been many reports that Oliver was an off field concern, which is the last thing this team needs after last year.

Another guy on that list, at least at 7 overall, is Kyler Murray.  Bill Polian put it best, that if you take him, you'd better be prepared to change your offense completely around to an air raid type scheme.  Air raid type schemes don't work in the NFL, and would be a bad bad fit with our team.  Furthermore, the fact is he's too small.  Though he measured bigger than I'd feared, there is a reason teams tend to err towards the bigger player.  Add in the fact he's got just a year of experience and can always hold baseball over the head of any team he doesn't like, I wouldn't want the team to take the risk on him.

So who are the guys you want the Jaguars to avoid?

I think every player has a value at some point, so if you really mean that I would not want the Jags to draft them "under any circumstance," I don't really know of any in the top 100.   Even Ed Oliver, sure, you may not want him at #7, but how about in the 6th round?  

Maybe you didn't really mean "under any circumstance."

(03-02-2019, 01:56 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:39 PM)PF* Wrote: Assuming we get Foles, draft Devin White, LB LSU.

MLB is the last piece of the great defense- we move Jack back outside where he belongs and move Telvin Smith for a 5th.
Even more ideal would be to trade down to MIA at 13, take White there (but he'll be gone) and pick up an extra pick or two.

No Foles, then I don't know what to do. Everyone here is smarter than me and most, except Rico, are better looking so I'll defer to your sage observations.

On-Topic: no way- Ed Oliver, Marquise Lisfranc Brown, Kyler Murray, any CB, DT or S.

No to defense in any of the first three rounds...

We need QB/RG/TE just make the O serviceable.  Also could use RT/TE2/WR.

I don't think you can say "No to defense in any of the first three rounds."  How about Nick Bosa at #7?   How about if we trade down to #10 and Quinnen Williams falls into our lap?   

At some point, value trumps need.   Figure out how to do RG/TE.   You don't pass on Michael Jordan because you need a center.

I have a hard time believing Kyler Murray will be a long term productive starter in the NFL. Anything is possible and Russell Wilson has shown you can do it at that size. But the odds are really stacked against him. And i think his passing numbers in college are inflated. Elite running QBs are always throwing into bigger windows than a guy who is less mobile. Kyler wasnt throwing frozen ropes into tight coverage. It's the challenge evaluating any QB like him.

Ideally you'd draft him as a gimmicky weapon the way Kordell Stewart was used and then if he actually turns into a legit QB, then great.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 12:03 PM by JagswinJagswin.)

As many have said, the only QB I'd want at 7 is Haskins. He will not fall that low and I do not want to give up the draft to move up to get him because there are so many holes to fill. I do not want KM at all, our coaching staff has proven that they are not creative enough to use someone with his abilities. We do need a QB in the first 3 rounds even if NF comes here and I'd prefer a trade for Rosen if possible. I do not want a WR, CB, OLB, SS, FB, K, or P picked in the first round at all. I only want a defensive player if one of the elite guys fall to 7 somehow like Bosa, which will not happen unless there is a run on QB. Basically, I'd be happy with Haskins, OL, TE with the pick at 7. Coming out of the offseason my wants are to have new quality starters at RT, RG, TE, MLB with new players challenging to start or quality depth for QB, RB, OL, TE.

(03-10-2019, 10:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What guy or guys would you not want the Jaguars to draft under any circumstances?

The guy at the top of that list is Houston DT Ed Oliver. 

First, DT is far from this team's biggest need, even if Jackson is cut and you have your doubts about Bryan.

Secondly, Oliver is undersized.  One of the reasons Jackson is on his way out after being benched is because he played at a very light weight.

Furthermore, there have been many reports that Oliver was an off field concern, which is the last thing this team needs after last year.

Another guy on that list, at least at 7 overall, is Kyler Murray.  Bill Polian put it best, that if you take him, you'd better be prepared to change your offense completely around to an air raid type scheme.  Air raid type schemes don't work in the NFL, and would be a bad bad fit with our team.  Furthermore, the fact is he's too small.  Though he measured bigger than I'd feared, there is a reason teams tend to err towards the bigger player.  Add in the fact he's got just a year of experience and can always hold baseball over the head of any team he doesn't like, I wouldn't want the team to take the risk on him.

So who are the guys you want the Jaguars to avoid?

I think every player has a value at some point, so if you really mean that I would not want the Jags to draft them "under any circumstance," I don't really know of any in the top 100.   Even Ed Oliver, sure, you may not want him at #7, but how about in the 6th round?  

Maybe you didn't really mean "under any circumstance."

(03-02-2019, 01:56 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: No to defense in any of the first three rounds...

We need QB/RG/TE just make the O serviceable.  Also could use RT/TE2/WR.

I don't think you can say "No to defense in any of the first three rounds."  How about Nick Bosa at #7?   How about if we trade down to #10 and Quinnen Williams falls into our lap?   

At some point, value trumps need.   Figure out how to do RG/TE.   You don't pass on Michael Jordan because you need a center.

Well obviously if Bosa falls....but that is extremely unlikely. I'm sure we would have went QB last year if Mayfield/Darnold/near consensus #1 picks fell to us.

Also if you invest in Foles/QB you have to do everything to protect them.

Give me a slightly lower ranked OT/OG/TE to help the new QB/Rookie over a CB/LB.

Any QB in this draft with plans to start them Week 1.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(03-10-2019, 02:00 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Any QB in this draft with plans to start them Week 1.

I wish more fans-and teams-had the patience to sit a rookie QB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Take Foles and a QB in the first round. It's crazy, I know, but it's the best way to invest in the future with a vested and developed franchise QB. Foles is a patch with patchy performance. I'm askeered if we don't grab a highly rated passer this season, we're doomed to repeat the long suck cycle.

(03-10-2019, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Take Foles and a QB in the first round. It's crazy, I know, but it's the best way to invest in the future with a vested and developed franchise QB. Foles is a patch with patchy performance. I'm askeered if we don't grab a highly rated passer this season, we're doomed to repeat the long suck cycle.

Only if it's Haskins.

(03-10-2019, 08:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Take Foles and a QB in the first round. It's crazy, I know, but it's the best way to invest in the future with a vested and developed franchise QB. Foles is a patch with patchy performance. I'm askeered if we don't grab a highly rated passer this season, we're doomed to repeat the long suck cycle.

Only if it's Haskins.

Agreed. Haskins has the physical tools and the stuff between the ears. Who knows if he'll ever be considered elite, but he has the makeup of a solid and consistent performer. Sign Foles, draft him, and just build, baby.