Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN Ticker - Jaguars Expected to Sign Foles

Quote: 
The only Eagles quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl is bound for Jacksonville when NFL free agency opens March 13, according to NFL sources with knowledge of the situation.

A market for Nick Foles outside of Jacksonville has not developed, and though nothing is certain until it is official, the Jaguars absolutely expect to sign Foles, sources said. They have been working on the structure of a contract, as the Inquirer’s Jeff McLane reported. As McLane also reported, it might not place Foles among the league’s highest-paid QBs, since the Jags appear to be the only bidder.

https://www.philly.com/eagles/nick-foles...ssion=true
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Where there is smoke........
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

As I said in the other thread. Too much smoke for there not to he fired.

He's fine on a bridge deal. Paying him over 18 million would be god awful. Also, likely rules us out of Haskins

(03-03-2019, 01:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: As I said in the other thread. Too much smoke for there not to he fired.

He's fine on a bridge deal. Paying him over 18 million would be god awful. Also, likely rules us out of Haskins
I am fully prepared for Foles and Hockenson.

Gonna be really bummed about not getting Haskins but will get behind Foles if he indeed becomes the QB.

Also, agree with the 18 million. Hopefully it’s around 14 or so.

I rather trade for Rosen, who can still develop into a franchise QB...not sold on Foles, seems like no other team is even chasing him.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(03-03-2019, 01:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: As I said in the other thread. Too much smoke for there not to he fired.

Foles for 2 years then Trevor Lawrence?

I like the move. If Jags still stink it up with Foles there is a deep draft at the QB position next year. Even if Jags go around 8-8 they will be in a position to draft someone at QB. Now they can use that #7 pick on O-line and use the other rounds to get some young, cheap weapons. Then if need be, next year, a rookie QB is in a little better position if they need him to start.

On the flip side if Foles works out, then we have a guy for a few years.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Good. Get a QB next year and draft OL, TE, and WR this year.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Agreed.  Sad

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 02:14 PM by JackCity.)

(03-03-2019, 02:05 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

Foles for 2 years then Trevor Lawrence?

We won't have the #1

(03-03-2019, 02:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I am fully prepared for Foles and Hockenson.

Gonna be really bummed about not getting Haskins but will get behind Foles if he indeed becomes the QB.

Also, agree with the 18 million. Hopefully it’s around 14 or so.

I think Tom goes trench pick at #7 with Foles. 

Let's just hope he can carry over some of his late game play from 2017 so we can win a few extra close games with him. I think with the defense and Foles 7 wins is our floor

I know I'll sound like a dumbstupidhead for asking this, but why can't we sign Foles and draft Haskins?

Dear god no!!!!

(03-03-2019, 02:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I know I'll sound like a dumbstupidhead for asking this, but why can't we sign Foles and draft Haskins?

They really could, especially if he’s on the board at #7.

However, spending ~ 18 mil per year on Foles and investing that kind of draft capital in the same position would be an unconventional play to put it mildly. 

If they take a QB after signing Foles, it’s more likely a Finley or Grier type in rounds 2,3, or 4.

Rd 1: BAP
Rd 2: Fant
Rd 3: Grier
Rd 4: Snell/Henderson/Singletary

Prosper

I guess that's not a crazy idea, but you have to move up for Haskins imo, and I'm not sure the Jags will be willing to do that. the size and structure of the contract will give so clues.

I'm think 18 per year 2 years + option on 3rd

Like I was saying in the Haskins/Foles trade it probably makes it too logical/simple for the FO to go with the Foles option: no real competition to bid against so hopefully at a reasonable price, you get to keep all of your picks and can devote the draft to adding weapons and trenches for him.

I really like Haskins so I would hope that if he's there at 7 (don't think that will be the case) they will still take him but if they don't I really hope they try to trade down a few spots to add an extra 2nd round/3rd round pick and you'll still have one of the Hockenson/Fant/Metcalf/Ford/top OL group to pick from in the first.

Hopefully since we are bidding against ourselves we can get a team friendly contract, under 17-18M, loaded with incentives and without too much guaranteed other than the first year. We'll see.

Welp. Looks like this is going to happen for real now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

If Haskins is there at 7 sure you can grab him...

But to me Foles signing signals a "Win Now" mentality.

I think Foles plus a draft like below could make the offense very good.

1st: OL (Taylor/Ford)
2nd: TE (Fant/Smith) OL (Little/Lindstom) WR (Brown/Butler)
3rd: WR/OL/TE
3rd: WR/OL/TE

Is it my 1st choice? No, but it’s a viable plan. Foles isn’t trash by any means. I’d like to aim higher at QB, but we can certainly win a ring with him and our defense obviously. Defense in play now at 7?

That's probably the most important thing we need to find out.

Is Foles "win now" for the Jags or is he "win as much as we can while having a rookie QB learning".

Contract should tell us