Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN Ticker - Jaguars Expected to Sign Foles

(03-11-2019, 04:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Guranteed money for Nick Foles in Jacksonville, per source: $50.125 million. per Schefter.

If true the team will take years to recover from this mistake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With incentives could be $102 Mill

The guy is 6-6, can throw accurately, can read a defense, and plays great in the biggest games.

I think it's great.

(03-11-2019, 04:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oof.

That’s too much for Foles. I like the upgrade, but they overpaid unless there’s some incentives that could keep it lower that we are unaware of.

They’d better draft REALLY well this year.

There's incentives that could give him another $14m if he reaches them. It could be a total for 4 years, $102m if he meets all incentives.

Without them it's 4 years, $88m with $50m guaranteed.

(03-11-2019, 04:56 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 04:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Guranteed money for Nick Foles in Jacksonville, per source: $50.125 million. per Schefter.

If true the team will take years to recover from this mistake.

Bull [BLEEP].   The guy is a good QB.   He's what we need.

50 million guaranteed for a guy with no market is an awful deal

Ouch, my gut hits right again.... lol That's too high for me tbh..., well I guess we're done in FA lol see y'all in the draft.....

LOL!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-11-2019, 04:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 04:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, it's a good move.  He's the best QB out there and we desperately need a QB.   This contract would not put him in the top 10 highest paid QBs.   Plus, it's probably 22 million a year IF he makes it to the final year.   These contracts usually ramp up to the final year when they are either renegotiated or the player is released.

And as for your comment, "There is no way in hell that he will come close to duplicating what he did in Philly the last two playoff runs." Well if he did that, he'd deserve a lot more money than $22 million.   

$22 million doesn't buy you a Hall of Famer these days.   It just buys you a good QB, and that's what he is.
Good post. Bottom line, nobody in free agency is worth what they get. The Jaguars brass believe they can get back to the playoffs next season with basically a middle of the road quarterback- which Foles is. I don't see why this can't happen since they got to the AFC Championship with Bortles. Foles is not getting Kirk Cousins money; if he was it would be a terrible decision. Haskins may turn out to be great and worth a trade up, but he wouldn't get them to the playoffs next season. Many "experts" say he would have been the 4th or 5th best q.b. in last year's draft so he is far from a "slam dunk" to be a franchise quarterback.

Good point.

(03-11-2019, 04:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: the biggest laughing stock in the NFL. they got played hard

Why?!?

What exactly do you expect to pay a starting QB, in his prime, with a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl in his resume?

The Eagles agreed to his $20 million option.

The only reason he's not an Eagle now is because he had a buyout clause.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-11-2019, 04:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The guy is 6-6, can throw accurately, can read a defense, and plays great in the biggest games.

I think it's great.

He is also a great leader on offense which this team has not had in a long time.

Typical Jaguar move... What a joke.. They played themselves.

The question is, how is the contract written?  How much signing bonus and how much salary?  This is a great signing as far as I'm concerned.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-11-2019, 04:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: 50 million guaranteed for a guy with no market is an awful deal

But ironically, if we offered less, probably a whole bunch of teams would come into the picture.  The reason he doesn't have a market is because we were aggressive.   If we lowballed him, probably several teams would have come in and tried to sign him.

(03-11-2019, 04:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The guy is 6-6, can throw accurately, can read a defense, and plays great in the biggest games.

I think it's great.

Completely agree, though it's amazing to see so many people bellyaching over the contract terms.

welp....ByeBye BB5
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The money is a little more than I expected, but it's a good move. Now we're solid at QB. Time to build around him.

I'm beginning to think that the Jaguars do not know how to negotiate. I could have seen this be the last offer given if there was other market interest. But instead of offering lower and walking away from the table for a bit they just offered their final stance and Foles' agent snatched it up.

(03-11-2019, 04:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Typical Jaguar move... What a joke.. They played themselves.

Name another time the Jaguars signed a free agent QB to a similar deal?

(03-11-2019, 05:01 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: welp....ByeBye BB5

A righteous dude who was truly appreciated, but it's time to move on.

I told you guys it was gonna be a big contract. I am just relieved it's not a 5 year deal. 4 years means we can probably get out of it in 3 years, if it doesn't work out. Welp, it is what it is. Another day in Jaguars Land.