Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN Ticker - Jaguars Expected to Sign Foles

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 05:05 PM by homebiscuit.)

(03-11-2019, 05:02 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm beginning to think that the Jaguars do not know how to negotiate. I could have seen this be the last offer given if there was other market interest. But instead of offering lower and walking away from the table for a bit they just offered their final stance and Foles' agent snatched it up.

You talk as if there were a multitude of Nick Foles' out there to bargain with. We weren't buying a car.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/stat...10112?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-11-2019, 05:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:02 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm beginning to think that the Jaguars do not know how to negotiate. I could have seen this be the last offer given if there was other market interest. But instead of offering lower and walking away from the table for a bit they just offered their final stance and Foles' agent snatched it up.

You talk as if there were a multitude of Nick Foles' out there to bargain with. We weren't buying a car.

Doesn't matter. He want's to start on a potential winning team. Please tell me where else he was going to sign that could do that?

(03-11-2019, 04:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: the biggest laughing stock in the NFL. they got played hard

If it proves true they were the only legit bidder, then they overpaid by about 4 mil per year.

VERY interested to learn if they were only bidding against themselves.

(03-11-2019, 04:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 04:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: the biggest laughing stock in the NFL. they got played hard

Why?!?

What exactly do you expect to pay a starting QB, in his prime, with a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl in his resume?

The Eagles agreed to his $20 million option.

The only reason he's not an Eagle now is because he had a buyout clause.

The same QB who has played one and a half good seasons of football at 30 years old? I'd expect them to recognize they're bidding vs themselves and act accordingly. A smart franchise wouldn't even be entertaining Foles at that price when someone like Haskins is within striking distance in the draft.

The eagles were never in a million years keeping him at 20 million, picking up the option was just a formality on off the chance he'd stay opted in and they could trade him. They're the ones who put the opt out in there.

How much does that leave to perssue a WR TE or OL in Free Agency???

Finally we have a shot at a championship

(03-11-2019, 05:06 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You talk as if there were a multitude of Nick Foles' out there to bargain with. We weren't buying a car.

Doesn't matter. He want's to start on a potential winning team. Please tell me where else he was going to sign that could do that?

No, he wants the most money he can get. Yes, it's that simple.

(03-11-2019, 05:08 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: How much does that leave to perssue a WR TE or OL in Free Agency???

Anything else they can get in free agency will be lower tier. 

The draft is where they’ll acquire offensive talent this offseason.

I’m numb. Way more than I hoped. I can live with it though. What # will Hockenson wear?

(03-11-2019, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:08 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: How much does that leave to perssue a WR TE or OL in Free Agency???

Anything else they can get in free agency will be lower tier. 

The draft is where they’ll acquire offensive talent this offseason.

And there's a lot of TE pickings in the draft this year.

so 46 million over the first two years

I really hope we don't get hit with tampering charges when it's all said and done.

(03-11-2019, 05:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 04:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why?!?

What exactly do you expect to pay a starting QB, in his prime, with a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl in his resume?

The Eagles agreed to his $20 million option.

The only reason he's not an Eagle now is because he had a buyout clause.

The same QB who has played one and a half good seasons of football at 30 years old? I'd expect them to recognize they're bidding vs themselves and act accordingly. A smart franchise wouldn't even be entertaining Foles at that price when someone like Haskins is within striking distance in the draft.

The eagles were never in a million years keeping him at 20 million, picking up the option was just a formality on off the chance he'd stay opted in and they could trade him. They're the ones who put the opt out in there.

A 30 year old veteran QB is not the same as an unproven college QB.

The Jaguars got a good deal.  Blake Bortles should be a free agent within the next day or so.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think the guys on NFL Network mentioned that his contract is the 14th most guranteed for a QB in the NFL currently. When you consider that Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, etc. got paid more, it makes it a little better.

He's the newest Jaguar, I'm not gonna sulk that I think they overpaid by a few million, it's not my money. Time go to after TE/OL/WR in the draft. We should be much improved next season.

(03-11-2019, 05:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I really hope we don't get hit with tampering charges when it's all said and done.

What?

(03-11-2019, 05:18 PM)High Octane Wrote: I think the guys on NFL Network mentioned that his contract is the 14th most guranteed for a QB in the NFL currently.  When you consider that Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, etc. got paid more, it makes it a little better.  

It's 14th now, but wait a couple of years.  Pretty soon, he'll be way down toward the bottom, as other QBs sign new contracts.

(03-11-2019, 05:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I really hope we don't get hit with tampering charges when it's all said and done.

What?

It was reported a week and a half ago that the Jags and Foles were all but a done deal.

They weren't allowed to speak with each other at that time, yet multiple reports came out saying that they were basically a guarantee.

They did not overpay him as some of you think. The problem will be when they realease blake. Blake was due 21 mill this year so they are only paying 1 mill more then what was on the books. but once blake is realeased its 16 or 11 june 1st added to the cap. so tech foles is being paid 38mill or 33mill this year. Then you have to figure in a Back up either rookiee or FA somwhere in the 2-5 mil range. That makes the QB room have alot of money tied into it. That is why it seems like a bad Contract. And i think it was i think they could have gotten him cheaper.

I wonder what Kaepernick would have cost. Couldn't have been this much. Him and Foles are practically the same guy.