Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN Ticker - Jaguars Expected to Sign Foles

Some have speculated that the 20 million is just Foles asking price...but for that to happen he'd need a floor of 18 to fallback on,,,and i don't think anyone bar us will offer that

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-03-2019, 09:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 09:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup and he said at least $20m+ per.  Sick
I just don’t see how they can spend 20+ on Foles.

If you’re cutting Blake, you need to go cheap at QB and that means a rookie.

There's conflicting reports going around right now. Some say he's going to get that $20+, others are saying we're the only ones interested and he wont be expensive. Some are saying it's likely to be a one year, prove it type deal. Who knows at this point.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 11:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Is this breaking news? Lol

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26130...-next-week

(03-03-2019, 11:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is this breaking news? Lol

Yeah. He is not giving sources, but is giving DiRocco some credit at the bottom. I he and Mike may have gotten some confirmation on the report from the Philly source. 

However, the actual contract details will be wildly speculated on and possibly not known until next week. Plus just because they agree to it today, doesn't mean someone won't back out of it by March 13.

(03-03-2019, 11:32 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Yeah. He is not giving sources, but is giving DiRocco some credit at the bottom. I he and Mike may have gotten some confirmation on the report from the Philly source. 

However, the actual contract details will be wildly speculated on and possibly not known until next week. Plus just because they agree to it today, doesn't mean someone won't back out of it by March 13.

I was being sarcastic.  I knew we would sign him.  About time they get it right

It’s all over ESPN. It’s a done deal.

I hope we don't get in trouble for tampering and get a draft pick taken

LOL... The first line of the article....

""Barring any last-minute snags, the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to sign free-agent quarterback Nick Foles to a multiyear contract when the new league year opens next week, according to sources.""

The very next line....

""[font=Georgia,]Teams are not allowed to talk deals with free agents until March 11, and no deals can be announced until the start of the new league year on March 13.""[/font]

[font=Georgia,]... LOL. So you're telling me this team is willing to throw away money on Foles AND take the tampering charges that will most definitely come if they sign Foles.[/font]

[font=Georgia,]The Dolphins were accused of tampering when they signed Suh a few years ago, and that was reported/rumored only 2 days before FA. Not a whole week+ like this is being reported/rumored.[/font]

I really hope this front office isn't that brain dead.

This has tampering written all over it..... lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-03-2019, 03:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like the FO is trying to give this team the best chance to win a SB
For a single season.

Signing Foles does not give this team the best shot at continued success.

Totally agree 100%.

(03-03-2019, 04:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: Does anyone actually think we are SB contenders with Foles? I don't think we'll even be the best team in our division

You're probably right. I think the Colts are still the "cream of the crop" in the division and Houston could get better as well. Even with Foles, we are a long way off from even winning the division, much less the AFC. It's just that Foles is the best of a poor FA QB class and the front office is in panic mode. If anything, I believe signing Foles will move us into mediocre territory. I think we will have multiple seasons of 8-8 and 9-7 records, but never getting closer than first round exits in the playoffs, if we even get there. I also think the front office has no intentions of signing Foles to a short term deal. I believe if we do sign him, it will be a 5 year deal.

I am totally in favor of signing Foles. First of all, he's a competent QB. Any rookie is a complete risk. And secondly, we get to keep our draft picks and use them for other positions.

So if true, it's really good news.

Do not like this move at all, if it comes to fruition. Although I can't say that I didn't see it coming.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The more I think about this, the more it sounds like 99 all over.

D.K. Metcalf --------Lee------Cam--Norwell--Linder--Lindstrom,--Richardson-------Hockenson------------Westbrook
----------------------------------------------------------------Foles
------------------------------------------------------------Fournette

(03-04-2019, 08:23 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: The more I think about this, the more it sounds like 99 all over.

Shaping up pretty nicely and not a better way to start the new nfl season.  Looks like we will win the offseason again

(03-04-2019, 08:26 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: D.K. Metcalf --------Lee------Cam--Norwell--Linder--Lindstrom,--Richardson-------Hockenson------------Westbrook
----------------------------------------------------------------Foles
------------------------------------------------------------Fournette
How do you plan on getting Metcalf and Hockenson? They both could go top 10.

If we are paying him 20+ mil a year then this is a nightmare.

It seems like we are the only ones being linked to Foles. Seems like his agent is just trying to drum up interest.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.