Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daylight Saving Time 2019

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019, 02:34 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   Daylight Saving Time is coming up this weekend.  This cycle of DST begins early this Sunday Morning at 2:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on March 10. 

We move our clocks one hour ahead on Sunday, hence, Spring Forward, Fall Back.  

We will all gain one  hour of daylight beginning on Sunday, but at the same time lose one hour of sleep.  Also sunrise will initially occur one hour later in the morning, and sunset, twilight, and darkness will occur one hour later, because of the next DST.

This cycle of DST will last in the next eight months until the first Sunday of November, November 3.

We will physically and overcome  the 'early' hours come Monday Morning as we get ready for school or work. But we should adjust the next DST in a few days next week.   Wink

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/usa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_s...ted_States

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is there an interest rate for this “Daylight Saving Time” plan?

I hate people like you ... all happy, and peppy all the time. I hate DST with a passion, and if you don't share the loathe of DST with me, we will take this matter over to the political board ... where I will apologize.  Tongue

You kids. In my day, we didn't have Daylight Savings Time. We had to spend all of our daylight and we learned to like it. And we had to walk to school. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways.

Get off my lawn dagnabbit.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

An older Native American when told about this day light savings time responded:

"Only a white man would think cutting a foot off the top of a blanket and sewing it to the bottom of the blanket would get him a bigger blanket"
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-07-2019, 07:27 AM)hb1148 Wrote: You kids. In my day, we didn't have Daylight Savings Time. We had to spend all of our daylight and we learned to like it. And we had to walk to school. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways.

Best thing is old fat and bald politicians created day light savings haha
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019, 02:28 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-07-2019, 07:39 AM)copycat Wrote: An older Native American when told about this day light savings time responded:

"Only a white man would think cutting a foot off the top of a blanket and sewing it to the bottom of the blanket would get him a bigger blanket"

She's got a pretty good sense of humor.

[Image: warren.jpg]

I don’t like DST. I’m not fond of it being daylight until almost 9:00 pm.

(03-07-2019, 03:30 PM)Jags Wrote: I don’t like DST.    I’m not fond of it being daylight until almost 9:00 pm.

Man, I'm totally with you. Glad to see someone else thinks the same.

I literally just got used to the time change from fall. But I've also been recovering from major abdominal surgery since September so everything has been kind of off kilter for me. 

Bowel resection is no joke. It'll jack you up, especially when you're not expecting it.

(03-07-2019, 07:27 AM)hb1148 Wrote: You kids. In my day, we didn't have Daylight Savings Time. We had to spend all of our daylight and we learned to like it. And we had to walk to school. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways.

Hey, you went to the same school I did!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-07-2019, 07:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I literally just got used to the time change from fall. But I've also been recovering from major abdominal surgery since September so everything has been kind of off kilter for me. 

Bowel resection is no joke. It'll jack you up, especially when you're not expecting it.

Oh that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I had mine spliced a few years ago, worst Thanksgiving weekend ever. Got me a nice 8 inch scar up my mid-section though, the chicks are really grossed out by it (or by me, whatever). Surgeon did a good job leaving my navel intact though, so I got that going for me. I hope you feel better soon. Be sure to do those stretches so your scar doesn't tighten up and leave you stooped over!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2019, 07:39 AM)copycat Wrote: An older Native American when told about this day light savings time responded:

Except that's not how DST works, but ok.

(03-08-2019, 12:14 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

JaguarsWoman ... Is that you?

(03-08-2019, 12:14 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

Take an hour of daylight from the morning and move to the evening so you can have more daylight.  Seems spot on to me but OK.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 03:40 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(03-07-2019, 07:24 AM)Sammy Wrote: I hate people like you ... all happy, and peppy all the time. I hate DST with a passion, and if you don't share the loathe of DST with me, we will take this matter over to the political board ... where I will apologize.  Tongue

I hate DST too. More like retail saving time. I need that hour of sleep. And I refuse to give it up without pay. Its complete nonsense in the name of consumerism.

(03-08-2019, 12:33 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 12:14 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Except that's not how DST works, but ok.

JaguarsWoman ... Is that you?

She still exists! I knew something was different about the furry dragon. Ever since he, I mean she (have to respect choices) gave up alcohol there has been a decided literal angery slant to the comments. Tongue

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-08-2019, 03:35 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 12:14 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Except that's not how DST works, but ok.

Take an hour of daylight from the morning and move to the evening so you can have more daylight.  Seems spot on to me but OK.

DST isn't about having more daylight in absolute terms, it's about shifting factory hours to be more inline with daylight hours the idea being that would increase productivity. There's plenty of evidence that says productivity doesn't work that way and there are plenty of reasons to get rid of DST but a tired old "quote" from some mythical Native American isn't one of them.

Having lived in Boston and now in NYC. It makes total sense up here. Doesn't make much sense in Florida though.

Florida passed a state resolution for year-round DST (basically being on a different time zone than EST), but US Congress has not approved it.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/03/09...year-round

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/pol...story.html

(03-08-2019, 03:45 PM)DragonFury Wrote: DST isn't about having more daylight in absolute terms, it's about shifting factory hours to be more inline with daylight hours the idea being that would increase productivity. There's plenty of evidence that says productivity doesn't work that way and there are plenty of reasons to get rid of DST but a tired old "quote" from some mythical Native American isn't one of them.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.  Now you can spend the next 10 minutes explaining why your panties don't bunch, they stretch.

(03-08-2019, 03:57 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 03:45 PM)DragonFury Wrote: DST isn't about having more daylight in absolute terms, it's about shifting factory hours to be more inline with daylight hours the idea being that would increase productivity. There's plenty of evidence that says productivity doesn't work that way and there are plenty of reasons to get rid of DST but a tired old "quote" from some mythical Native American isn't one of them.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.  Now you can spend the next 10 minutes explaining why your panties don't bunch, they stretch.

I like the snugness.