Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA targets

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 02:33 PM by JagJohn.)

None of us were particularly expecting to be much of a player in FA, but now we have a bit of cap space, do you think we will be active? Personally I think they will take an approach similar to last year, where they tried to fill as many holes as possible before the draft. I doubt they will sign any players in the first few days. I hope they don't get impatient and sign players just for the sake of it. Either way, time to give a bit more attention to this part of the forum!

That being said, who do you think our FA targets could be? Obviously Jesse James is one, do you expect us to go after any OL, FS?

Obvs, Foles is a given at this point lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 03:31 PM by MikePete54.)

FS Earl Thomas or Tyrann Mathieu. I wish !!!

TE CJ Uzomah. On a cheap deal, good receiver.

WR Chris Hogan

Don’t expect much as Foles will account towards a majority of those funds and us still having to carry Bortles cap hit until June 1st. I wouldn’t expect much action until the 2nd and 3rd wave of free agency.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We are at 30~ Million under right now...someone posted that the draft class will account for 8-9M of that.

So if they sign Foles even to a Team Friendly 15M that only leaves 6-7M.

(03-08-2019, 03:26 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: We are at 30~ Million under right now...someone posted that the draft class will account for 8-9M of that.

Bortles being cut later on will free up the money for the draft class. So they will have the 14-15 million for FA. I don't expect them to use more than 10 million or so though for some journeyman 2nd/3rd level FA's.

(03-08-2019, 03:31 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 03:26 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: We are at 30~ Million under right now...someone posted that the draft class will account for 8-9M of that.

Bortles being cut later on will free up the money for the draft class. So they will have the 14-15 million for FA. I don't expect them to use more than 10 million or so though for some journeyman 2nd/3rd level FA's.
Good catch...while the draft happens prior to June 1st they don't have to be signed until after the cut.

Ramsey on Twitter lobbying for jags to sign his brother in law.
(Golden Tate)

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 03:16 PM by nhiverson.)

Nfl network free agent frenzy said keep an eye on Adrian Peterson to jags hmm

It was Ian rapoport
No Fun

(03-10-2019, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ramsey on Twitter lobbying for jags to sign his brother in law.
(Golden Tate)
Foles loves Tate.

Foles
Fournette
Chark/Lee (in the Jeffery role)
Tate (in his role)
Westbrook (agolohr role)
Hockenson (Ertz role)

I wouldn’t hate it.

Maybe the Jags can get a discount on him due to Ramsay.

think we can make better use of our resources than tate

(03-10-2019, 04:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: think we can make better use of our resources than tate

Agree 1000%.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 05:54 PM by Mowerguy.)

Here's a list of FA's
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...top-100-2/

did you guys know Dante Fowler is a free agent?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

https://thefanatic.com/nfl/2019/03/marce...Vv20-oY-h0

Marcedes chimes in on the Jaguars...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

CJ Mosley, Jesse James, and one of Matt Paradis, JaWaun James, or Mitch Morse then trade for Josh Rosen. If somehow we get those and have $$ to go after Mathieu or Tate. Draft 1st- TE Hockenson, 2nd- best available player between C, RG, RT, 3rd- QB, 3rd- RB.

Hopefully Trent Brown

(03-10-2019, 06:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully Trent Brown

I've been kicking around that possibility.

Would you play him at LT or right?

I'm still not sold on him at LT without Brady getting rid of the ball so quickly.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-10-2019, 06:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 06:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully Trent Brown

I've been kicking around that possibility.

Would you play him at LT or right?

I'm still not sold on him at LT without Brady getting rid of the ball so quickly.

RT but if Cam goes down you can put him at LT.

Not much longer till it all starts boys