Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Cowboys are at a crossroads

Prescott has the Cowboys playing great football. They are thumping the Bengals 28-0 right now.

Smart GMs and coaches stay with the hot hand. Or do they?

As Vic once said, if they are even you go with the younger guy.

I think Romo will end up with some other team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Romo should never see the field again for the Cowboys.

Romo should just retire.
No commercial messages in sigs

Not a hard decision. Stick with Prescott until he messes up. Tell Romo he can't play until he's "100%". It's one of the oldest standards in the book.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2016, 06:39 PM by BklynJag.)

Team looks amazing.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2016, 08:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

A lot of people were laughing when Dallas took Elliot, they made the right pick though. Worked out for us and Dallas. Bosa looks like the real deal as well

Prescott is the present and future in Dallas. Unless he goes cold, he should remain the starter, he earned it.

Jerry Jones has stated that Romo is still their starting QB when he returns. Saw an article this morning on NFL.com.

I've been saying it since the preseason  Dak has shown me enough for me to consider him the future.  I want the future playing sooner rather than later.  If I'm gm Romo comes back as the backup.  

Side note Dallas has actually drafted pretty well the last few years.  Especially on some picks that many analysts were head scratching on, like the starting center.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

One team in particular that might have major regrets passing on Dak Prescott is the Jets.   The Jets drafted QB Christian Hackenberg in the 2nd Round and he apparently is a long way from being ready to play QB at a winning level in the NFL.   Even beyond the fact that Prescott probably already would be starting ( or close to starting ) for the Jets,  based on the inconsistencies of Ryan Fitzpatrick,   it's far from a given that Hackenberg will EVER pan out.

Quote:A lot of people were laughing when Dallas took Elliot, they made the right pick though. Worked out for us and Dallas. Bosa looks like the real deal as well

Nobody said Elliott wasn't good, but it was peculiar picking a RB that high when you could get a RB on the cheap to run behind that line. They should have drafted Ramsey and it will be more apparent once things go south for Dallas, like they always do.

Quote:Jerry Jones has stated that Romo is still their starting QB when he returns. Saw an article this morning on NFL.com.

That is the right thing to say, but no way you sit Prescott for Romo just because Romo is now "healthy"...

I expect Romo to sit in the shadows waiting for a new opportunity. Or simply retire before he gets really hurt.

Quote:Jerry Jones has stated that Romo is still their starting QB when he returns. Saw an article this morning on NFL.com.

If this comes to fruition, it's ridiculous. I can't stand the Cowboys, so I hope for the worst.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:They should have drafted Ramsey and it will be more apparent once things go south for Dallas, like they always do.

I doubt they would swap trophy cases with us.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I doubt they would swap trophy cases with us.

The last time they were relevant, DVDs didn't even exist. Let's pump the brakes a bit.

Quote:The last time they were relevant, DVDs didn't even exist. Let's pump the brakes a bit.
the last time they were relevant, this franchise had just begun.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Dak isn't going anywhere.

I hope Tony has a comfortable seat on the bench.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 07:20 PM by Achilles.)

Dak has surpassed my expectations by far, probably like most football fans.

Ezekiel Elliott is definitely as good as I thought though. He's an all around running back who is still a little raw.

Pretty impressive.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'll bet you anything that Dak Prescott just became the Cowboys QB for the rest of the year.

That was a big time win. No way Jerry's world goes back to Romo. I think he just secured the job the rest of the way.

Dak is a baller.

If I were Jerry I would be fielding and and all calls and get what I can for Romo as soon as he's healthy.