Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should we trade for Rosen? assuming Cards will accept a 3rd
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Josh Rosen? (Merged)

I am not his biggest fan but for a 3rd? maybe it's worth a shot for the future.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, sign Foles and trade a 3rd for Rosen

Just doesn't make sense, Rosen isn't gonna want to sit on the bench behind a journeyman QB who got lucky.

(03-06-2019, 09:56 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Just doesn't make sense, Rosen isn't gonna want to sit on the bench behind a journeyman QB who got lucky.

That's why you make it a QB competition.  If he doesn't want to sit behind him them beat him out

I was talking to a guy at work about this earlier in the week. I understand Foles has done some great things on a loaded Philly team but the Jags are not loaded offensively. Foles has thrown over 2,200 yards only once in his career- Bortles never less than 2,700, only thrown for double digit TD's twice- B every year, most attempted passes in a season 337- B 403 lowest amount of att, most times sacked in a season 28- B lowest 24 and highest 55, most games started in a year was 11 and he was pretty bad, Foles int/td ratio is skewed because of 1 amazing season. This is not to prop Bortles up but just to show an idea of what Foles brings to the table for a below average offense. If you can get him for a realistic contract, not some Cousins type of contract then by all means pick him up. But if his price is too high and you cannot get Haskins without trading up and please NO KM, then I say trade a 3rd for a guy that was a top 10 pick and has already played one year on the NFL level behind a terrible line. I would hope they are using one of the top 3 round picks on a QB regardless, isn't Rosen a much better option than any of the QB's you are going to pick up in rounds 2 or 3? Personally, I'd prolly even give the second pick for him if that's what it took but that's just me. FA I'd try to get LB CJ Mosley assuming he can play the middle in a 4-3, TE- Jesse James, OL either Mitch Morse, Matt Paradis, or Ja'waun James. Draft TE, OL, RB, DT, FS.

I say give a 3rd for Rosen, and use our 1st on the best available QB. I don't think we should be going after Foles.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(03-06-2019, 09:56 PM)UJagsfan32277 Wrote: Just doesn't make sense, Rosen isn't gonna want to sit on the bench behind a journeyman QB who got lucky.

Dude is a nauseating know it all at a young age. And he didn’t flash much in AZ. Hard pass.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019, 08:50 AM by JagsorDie.)

(03-07-2019, 01:40 AM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: I was talking to a guy at work about this earlier in the week. I understand Foles has done some great things on a loaded Philly team but the Jags are not loaded offensively. Foles has thrown over 2,200 yards only once in his career- Bortles never less than 2,700, only thrown for double digit TD's twice- B every year, most attempted passes in a season 337- B 403 lowest amount of att, most times sacked in a season 28- B lowest 24 and highest 55, most games started in a year was 11 and he was pretty bad, Foles int/td ratio is skewed because of 1 amazing season. This is not to prop Bortles up but just to show an idea of what Foles brings to the table for a below average offense. If you can get him for a realistic contract, not some Cousins type of contract then by all means pick him up. But if his price is too high and you cannot get Haskins without trading up and please NO KM, then I say trade a 3rd for a guy that was a top 10 pick and has already played one year on the NFL level behind a terrible line. I would hope they are using one of the top 3 round picks on a QB regardless, isn't Rosen a much better option than any of the QB's you are going to pick up in rounds 2 or 3? Personally, I'd prolly even give the second pick for him if that's what it took but that's just me. FA I'd try to get LB CJ Mosley assuming he can play the middle in a 4-3, TE- Jesse James, OL either Mitch Morse, Matt Paradis, or Ja'waun James. Draft TE, OL, RB, DT, FS.

What you are saying here makes a lot of since and I don't completely dis agree with you. But there are some important things to remember when using Bortles' stats as a crutch. First, I have never been one to bang the "garbage time" stats drum. But let's be honest, a lot of BB's production was inflated by putting up numbers late in games that were out of reach against prevent/soft coverage. And we can't say he didn't always have weapons, there was a time we had two receivers who are starting caliber receiver. One of which(hurns) took quite a few thumps over the middle going after BB balls( a lot of recievers take those licks but a lot passes didn't do him any favors). I'm not just trying rip Bortles apart, but coming from someone who defended him through most of his time here in duval, I have to call it like I see it when I look back. Stats may suggest one thing, but I watched every one of his games, they don't tell the whole story.

Then let's look at the biggest factor, at least IMO. The throwing motion/mechanics and decision making/reads. Bortles mechanics are not great( putting it lightly). I remember when back corner fades in the end zone were almost automatic to Robinson. Then it turned into a time where the crowd had a better shot at the ball. His wind up and release are not quick to say the least. His Footwork in the pocket is also not great. Occasionally you see a pass come out that looks like a punt(I remember a time when people were sharing tweets on here that were excited about BB throwing a tight spiral.... really). Couple that with the slow to poor decision makings that forces coordinators to dumb down schemes for him, and you have a yourself a BB. Foles on the other hand doesn't share these same characteristics( at least not to the level of B.B.). On top of that we brought in one of his coaches from his sb run with at philly as a OC.

I'm not saying foles is the best in the league. But he is certainly a upgrade. We don't need a world beater GOAT qb. We just need someone who doesn't put our D in bad positions with ints and quick 3 and outs and demands a little respect in the passing game from opposing Ds so we don't face a stacked box every run. Foles, imo, fits the build quite nicely the more I look.

(03-07-2019, 08:42 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: What you are saying here makes a lot of since and I don't completely dis agree with you. But there are some important things to remember when using Bortles' stats as a crutch. First, I have never been one to bang the "garbage time" stats drum. But let's be honest, a lot of BB's production was inflated by putting up numbers late in games that were out of reach against prevent/soft coverage. And we can't say he didn't always have weapons, there was a time we had two receivers who are starting caliber receiver. One of which(hurns) took quite a few thumps over the middle going after BB balls( a lot of recievers take those licks but a lot passes didn't do him any favors). I'm not just trying rip Bortles apart, but coming from someone who defended him through most of his time here in duval, I have to call it like I see it when I look back. Stats may suggest one thing, but I watched every one of his games, they don't tell the whole story.

Then let's look at the biggest factor, at least IMO. The throwing motion/mechanics and decision making/reads. Bortles mechanics are not great( putting it lightly). I remember when back corner fades in the end zone were almost automatic to Robinson. Then it turned into a time where the crowd had a better shot at the ball. His wind up and release are not quick to say the least. His Footwork in the pocket is also not great. Occasionally you see a pass come out that looks like a punt(I remember a time when people were sharing tweets on here that were excited about BB throwing a tight spiral.... really). Couple that with the slow to poor decision makings that forces coordinators to dumb down schemes for him, and you have a yourself a BB. Foles on the other hand doesn't share these same characteristics( at least not to the level of B.B.). On top of that we brought in one of his coaches from his sb run with at philly as a OC.

I'm not saying foles is the best in the league. But he is certainly a upgrade. We don't need a world beater GOAT qb. We just need someone who doesn't put our D in bad positions with ints and quick 3 and outs and demands a little respect in the passing game from opposing Ds so we don't face a stacked box every run. Foles, imo, fits the build quite nicely the more I look.

Good post, JoD, I liked the bolded statement.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Pass. Use that 3rd on a TE or O lineman; if we get Foles or take a qb in the first.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-06-2019, 10:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 09:56 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Just doesn't make sense, Rosen isn't gonna want to sit on the bench behind a journeyman QB who got lucky.

That's why you make it a QB competition.  If he doesn't want to sit behind him them beat him out

20 million dollars doesn't compete or sit the bench.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2019, 10:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 10:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's why you make it a QB competition.  If he doesn't want to sit behind him them beat him out

20 million dollars doesn't compete or sit the bench.

I know yall wont agree with this but i think this scenario is the best for us both financialy and future of the team. If you take the QB draft grades form last year and this year Rosen is better then any QB in this years draft. I would offer a 2nd for him. Keep BB5 so you have money left to bring in a good FA TE and WR. Draft Oline 1st then fill out with rookiee TE WR RB LB. You let QB guru Difllipio work with BB and Rosen give them both an opportunity to start. I think we can make it back to the playoffs this year. Unless we can get Foles for under 18mill he will eat up our cap room and we wont be able to upgrade where we need to.

(03-07-2019, 10:42 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 10:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 20 million dollars doesn't compete or sit the bench.

I know yall wont agree with this but i think this scenario is the best for us both financialy and future of the team. If you take the QB draft grades form last year and this year Rosen is better then any QB in this years draft. I would offer a 2nd for him. Keep BB5 so you have money left to bring in a good FA TE and WR. Draft Oline 1st then fill out with rookiee TE WR RB LB. You let QB guru Difllipio work with BB and Rosen give them both an opportunity to start. I think we can make it back to the playoffs this year. Unless we can get Foles for under 18mill he will eat up our cap room and we wont be able to upgrade where we need to.
Dude... how?! How are you still on this?

(03-07-2019, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 10:42 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I know yall wont agree with this but i think this scenario is the best for us both financialy and future of the team. If you take the QB draft grades form last year and this year Rosen is better then any QB in this years draft. I would offer a 2nd for him. Keep BB5 so you have money left to bring in a good FA TE and WR. Draft Oline 1st then fill out with rookiee TE WR RB LB. You let QB guru Difllipio work with BB and Rosen give them both an opportunity to start. I think we can make it back to the playoffs this year. Unless we can get Foles for under 18mill he will eat up our cap room and we wont be able to upgrade where we need to.
Dude... how?! How are you still on this?

Because we need more then a QB. This is not Madden. There is a reason Foles was not a started and was retireing before the iggles convinced him to be a back up. if you give him our offense without upgrades, he will be no better then BB5 and we will have spent all our money. We need OL WR TE more then we need QB. We need weapons on offense. If we dont upgrade foles will be no better then he was with the rams. I like the idea of Rosen because he is better then anyone in the draft this year and could become the QB he was drafted to be.

(03-07-2019, 11:37 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude... how?! How are you still on this?

Because we need more then a QB. This is not Madden. There is a reason Foles was not a started and was retireing before the iggles convinced him to be a back up. if you give him our offense without upgrades, he will be no better then BB5 and we will have spent all our money. We need OL WR TE more then we need QB. We need weapons on offense. If we dont upgrade foles will be no better then he was with the rams. I like the idea of Rosen because he is better then anyone in the draft this year and could become the QB he was drafted to be.

No better than Bortles?  Lmao

(03-07-2019, 08:42 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 01:40 AM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: I was talking to a guy at work about this earlier in the week. I understand Foles has done some great things on a loaded Philly team but the Jags are not loaded offensively. Foles has thrown over 2,200 yards only once in his career- Bortles never less than 2,700, only thrown for double digit TD's twice- B every year, most attempted passes in a season 337- B 403 lowest amount of att, most times sacked in a season 28- B lowest 24 and highest 55, most games started in a year was 11 and he was pretty bad, Foles int/td ratio is skewed because of 1 amazing season. This is not to prop Bortles up but just to show an idea of what Foles brings to the table for a below average offense. If you can get him for a realistic contract, not some Cousins type of contract then by all means pick him up. But if his price is too high and you cannot get Haskins without trading up and please NO KM, then I say trade a 3rd for a guy that was a top 10 pick and has already played one year on the NFL level behind a terrible line. I would hope they are using one of the top 3 round picks on a QB regardless, isn't Rosen a much better option than any of the QB's you are going to pick up in rounds 2 or 3? Personally, I'd prolly even give the second pick for him if that's what it took but that's just me. FA I'd try to get LB CJ Mosley assuming he can play the middle in a 4-3, TE- Jesse James, OL either Mitch Morse, Matt Paradis, or Ja'waun James. Draft TE, OL, RB, DT, FS.

What you are saying here makes a lot of since and I don't completely dis agree with you. But there are some important things to remember when using Bortles' stats as a crutch. First, I have never been one to bang the "garbage time" stats drum. But let's be honest, a lot of BB's production was inflated by putting up numbers late in games that were out of reach against prevent/soft coverage. And we can't say he didn't always have weapons, there was a time we had two receivers who are starting caliber receiver. One of which(hurns) took quite a few thumps over the middle going after BB balls( a lot of recievers take those licks but a lot passes didn't do him any favors). I'm not just trying rip Bortles apart, but coming from someone who defended him through most of his time here in duval, I have to call it like I see it when I look back. Stats may suggest one thing, but I watched every one of his games, they don't tell the whole story.

I like the bolded part.  That's the real point.

(03-07-2019, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 11:37 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Because we need more then a QB. This is not Madden. There is a reason Foles was not a started and was retireing before the iggles convinced him to be a back up. if you give him our offense without upgrades, he will be no better then BB5 and we will have spent all our money. We need OL WR TE more then we need QB. We need weapons on offense. If we dont upgrade foles will be no better then he was with the rams. I like the idea of Rosen because he is better then anyone in the draft this year and could become the QB he was drafted to be.

No better than Bortles?  Lmao

Answer me this. During Foles run to the superbowl the last quarter of 2017, who was the top rated QB in the league?

(03-07-2019, 12:02 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No better than Bortles?  Lmao

Answer me this. During Foles run to the superbowl the last quarter of 2017, who was the top rated QB in the league?
Dude. Just get over it.

Blake is gone.

If true about the trade rumors coming out of Arizona,  the Jaguars could surprise and grab Rosen for possibly a third. It wouldn't stop them from getting a veteran QB. It would then be comparing Rosen from his draft value to the upcoming QBs in the draft.

Thoughts on Rosen himself? The possibilities of a trade for him if rumors are true?

Merging with other thread on same topic...