Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler Re-Signed by LA Rams

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/03...-one-year/ 

I want to see the terms IMMEDIATELY.  If we couldve kept him, I'm more done with this front office than I already was.  Please bring me my crow, someone.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 07:12 AM by RicoTx.)

Re-signed

So you're done with the front office because of this?  LOL.  Fowler is an idiot and not worth the trouble.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 07:18 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(03-11-2019, 07:11 AM)Rico Wrote: Re-signed

So you're done with the front office because of this?  LOL.  Fowler is an idiot and not worth the trouble.

I've been done with the ineptitude they've shown evaluating certain talent.  Yall saw one good yr with Yannick n fell in love now everyone Hope's the wall isnt crumbling down on the SB window as some call it.  Fowler had game changing plays that helped win big games.  We trade him due to him probably getting a huge overpriced contract via FA after some say we wouldnt be able to resign him at a team friendly type deal.  We'll see but unless it's something stupid big we're dumb.  Plain and simple
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-11-2019, 07:16 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

I've been done with the ineptitude they've shown evaluating certain talent.  Yall saw one good yr n fell in love now everyone Hope's the wall isnt crumbling down on the SB window as some call it.  Fowler had game changing plays that helped win big games.  We trade him due to him probably getting a huge overpriced contract after being able to resign him at a team friendly type deal.  We'll see but unless it's something stupid big we're dumb.  Plain and simple

Please elaborate on what you mean by the text in bold underline.

Do you mean positional talent?

While the Jaguars went a long time between having dominant edge pass rushers after Tony Brackens was drafted, this current front office acquired Ngakoue and Campbell, who have some 46.5 sacks combined the last two seasons.

The team has had Pro Bowlers at every position along the DL, at two LB positions, and S.

We saw one good year when we had good health, and they followed that up the next year with darn near unprecedented bad health along the offensive line.  Certainly you aren't going to hold bad health against the team, considering the guy you are complaining about here-Fowler-had his career production marred because of a blown ACL 30 minutes into his first minicamp practice.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

1 year 14 million. Making him prove it before doing anything long term is wise. It's basically the option

(03-11-2019, 07:38 AM)JackCity Wrote: 1 year 14 million. Making him prove it before doing anything long term is wise. It's basically the option

Hes also 1 mistake away from a year long suspension

Sooo......we basically traded Fowler for 2 draft picks and one more year of Ngakoue wreaking havoc alongside Campbell? And STILL saved 14 million? At least? I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday. After the blown ACL, ref'ing the girl fight, tossing dudes groceries in the pond....they were NEVER gonna attempt to resign him unless he balled out and had an All-Pro/DPOY type of year....and Fowler just doesn't have the mental tenacity/drive to will himself towards that. Certain players get better because they realize they have talent, but EVERYONE in the NFL has talent and now they have to work to DEVELOP that talent. Fowler is not that dude. Ngakoue is. He came in with a chip, and has gotten better every year. Were his sack numbers down from last year? Yes...everyone's were. He still had more TFL and a LOT more QB hits than the Pro Bowl year he had prior.

All of this goes along with the theory he would've been HAPPY playing out his option in year 5....stuck behind a far superior player in Yannick. Still grumbling, still mad at the world.....and possibly still getting in trouble and being a headache outside the stadium.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-11-2019, 07:16 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

I've been done with the ineptitude they've shown evaluating certain talent.  Yall saw one good yr with Yannick n fell in love now everyone Hope's the wall isnt crumbling down on the SB window as some call it.  Fowler had game changing plays that helped win big games.  We trade him due to him probably getting a huge overpriced contract via FA after some say we wouldnt be able to resign him at a team friendly type deal.  We'll see but unless it's something stupid big we're dumb.  Plain and simple

If you think that is the only reason they didn't want him back here you are seriously misguided.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 08:30 AM by JackCity.)

(03-11-2019, 07:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:38 AM)JackCity Wrote: 1 year 14 million. Making him prove it before doing anything long term is wise. It's basically the option

Hes also 1 mistake away from a year long suspension

Yeah agree it's not just on the field he has to prove it

Also, one game suspension is followed up by a year??

(03-11-2019, 08:29 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes also 1 mistake away from a year long suspension

Yeah agree it's not just on the field he has to prove it

Also, one game suspension is followed up by a year??

It wasn't a drug violation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He's so good that he signed a deal before FA even started? How will the Jags survive?!!!!

(03-11-2019, 07:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:16 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I've been done with the ineptitude they've shown evaluating certain talent.  Yall saw one good yr n fell in love now everyone Hope's the wall isnt crumbling down on the SB window as some call it.  Fowler had game changing plays that helped win big games.  We trade him due to him probably getting a huge overpriced contract after being able to resign him at a team friendly type deal.  We'll see but unless it's something stupid big we're dumb.  Plain and simple

Please elaborate on what you mean by the text in bold underline.

While the Jaguars went a long time between having dominant edge pass rushers after Tony Brackens was drafted, this current front office acquired Ngakoue and Campbell, who have some 46.5 sacks combined the last two seasons.

The team has had Pro Bowlers at every position along the DL, at two LB positions, and S.

We saw one good year when we had good health, and they followed that up the next year with darn near unprecedented bad health along the offensive line.  Certainly you aren't going to hold bad health against the team, considering the guy you are complaining about here-Fowler-had his career production marred because of a blown ACL 30 minutes into his first minicamp practice.

i meant DEnd talent.  I wouldnt have done 14 mil for the year so i'll eat my crow on that.  I definitely dont think Yannick is wreaking havoc except for 2017.  I have to see if he will keep that same form with less pieces on the line to help him.  I saw this offseason playing out as it has so far with the releases but we blew the draft last year so i feel we are a year behind in filling the holes that are here and coming.  Campbell has 2 more decent yrs left i think and then we need another end and some more DT talent.  I'm sitting back sipping my tea.  I'll watch the MB GM's thoughts play out and see who's right.  I love being proven wrong when success is the result but we'll see.
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-11-2019, 09:39 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Please elaborate on what you mean by the text in bold underline.

i meant DEnd talent.  I wouldnt have done 14 mil for the year so i'll eat my crow on that.  I definitely dont think Yannick is wreaking havoc except for 2017.  I have to see if he will keep that same form with less pieces on the line to help him.  I saw this offseason playing out as it has so far with the releases but we blew the draft last year so i feel we are a year behind in filling the holes that are here and coming.  Campbell has 2 more decent yrs left i think and then we need another end and some more DT talent.  I'm sitting back sipping my tea.  I'll watch the MB GM's thoughts play out and see who's right.  I love being proven wrong when success is the result but we'll see.

That was the issue with the defense in 2018. They weren't BAD, they just weren't playing with a lead as much as they were in 17, so they couldn't send pin back and RUSH.  If you look at Yannick's numbers from 17 to 18, he had more TFL and more QB hits than he had in 2017.  HE wasn't the issue last year.  He's evolving into the most complete DE this team has ever had.  And he's only making 2mil this year.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Good for Dante. Hope it works out for him.

I am expecting Fowler to have a better season than than Yannick.

(03-11-2019, 09:59 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I am expecting Fowler to have a better season than than Yannick.
Lol

I'll take that bet.

(03-11-2019, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:59 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I am expecting Fowler to have a better season than than Yannick.
Lol

I'll take that bet.

I don't gamble but thats reallyyyyyyy tempting.
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-11-2019, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Lol

I'll take that bet.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 10:40 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(03-11-2019, 10:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol

I'll take that bet.

What is you definition of a "better" year?

Raw sack numbers?
Hurries?
TFLs?

How about a sack is worth 5 points, a hurry worth 3, and a TFL worth 1 and the one with the most points after week 17 wins?

[Image: giphy.gif]