Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

Had we lowballed him and we didn't sign him, the same people complaining about how expensive this deal is would lament about how cheap the franchise is by pinching pennies at the most important position.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is anyone else aware of Nick Foles nickname?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-11-2019, 07:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: Is anyone else aware of Nick Foles nickname?

Nick Foles

Im sold.....definitely an upgrade from the BOAT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phillyv...-bowl/amp/

#Nick Foles

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-11-2019, 06:54 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 06:50 PM)UI  imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm coming around a bit after watching highlights and hearing analysis. Seems most every analyst out there thinks it's a great fit, and the players I've seen comment all seem excited.

1010 had a good point. This will be the only time Lee has not had Blake as his QB. Could we see him step up to his potential now that he has an accurate QB?

Not so sure about that. We're getting absolutely roasted on Twitter. For good reason.

(03-11-2019, 06:50 PM)UI  imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm coming around a bit after watching highlights and hearing analysis. Seems most every analyst out there thinks it's a great fit, and the players I've seen comment all seem excited.

1010 had a good point. This will be the only time Lee has not had Blake as his QB. Could we see him step up to his potential now that he has an accurate QB?

Not so sure about that. We're getting absolutely roasted on Twitter. For good reason.

Is by the same guys that had you believing Teddy was the next Manning/Brady?

(03-11-2019, 07:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: Is anyone else aware of Nick Foles nickname?

Nick Foles

He can’t have the same one as me.  Let’s just go with Dynamite.

That twitter echo chamber does not like Foles

I hope he can block!

Per league sources jags working on extending bortles

I can't say I love the move. I'd set the over/under for starts at 9, due to Foles' age and athleticism.

Also, just a few years ago you could have had this guy for the veteran's minimum at a time we were paying a lot for Henne to back us up, and that's just terrible value. There's a Foles out there right now, and we're not paying attention. Regardless, go Nick and go Jags.

And somewhere, TMD's head is exploding, so that adds some value.

(03-11-2019, 07:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Had we lowballed him and we didn't sign him, the same people complaining about how expensive this deal is would lament about how cheap the franchise is by pinching pennies at the most important position.

Highly doubtful

(03-11-2019, 07:20 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Per league sources jags working on extending bortles

What about the other league sources saying he’s gone once Foles inks his contract?  And why would Bortles redo his deal when he’s set to make more?

I think we'll mostly be disappointed by this signing come this time next year.  But I truly hope I'm wrong.

Foles will probably give us some good games, and we'll get a few stinkers.  Hopefully we still either draft a QB to sit the bench this year or next.  Never too early to start looking for the next QB.

This is a bad move and we'll regret it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-11-2019, 07:20 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Per league sources jags working on extending bortles
Hey man. Bortles is gone. No need to bring him up anymore.

Per league sources, you’re avatar needs a change.

(03-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Rico Wrote: This is a bad move and we'll regret it.

Why?

Good move and a Fair deal.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-11-2019, 07:22 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I can't say I love the move.  I'd set the over/under for starts at 9, due to Foles' age and athleticism.

Also, just a few years ago you could have had this guy for the veteran's minimum at a time we were paying a lot for Henne to back us up, and that's just terrible value.  There's a Foles out there right now, and we're not paying attention.  Regardless, go Nick and go Jags.

I agree with this part in bold.

He's having to balance his love for all things Eagles vs. his inclination to [BLEEP] about all things Jaguars.

Should have just let Bortles walk and signed Cousins. But still i like Foles quite a bit, I think this is about the best we could've hoped for.

(03-11-2019, 07:22 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I can't say I love the move.  I'd set the over/under for starts at 9, due to Foles' age and athleticism.

Also, just a few years ago you could have had this guy for the veteran's minimum at a time we were paying a lot for Henne to back us up, and that's just terrible value.  There's a Foles out there right now, and we're not paying attention.  Regardless, go Nick and go Jags.

So you don't think Foles will make more than 9 starts as a Jaguar? I mean, that's pretty dark. Unless he get's a Smith like injury or pulls a Bradford. 

There is a lot of revisionist history. If the Jags had signed Foles after his Rams/Chief stints, this whole board would have lambasted them no matter how much the contract was. Plus Foles probably needed the time with Andy Reid, and then Pederson, to get his head right and grow as a QB.