Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 07:40 PM by RicoTx.)

(03-11-2019, 07:28 PM)Bullmightseye Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Rico Wrote: This is a bad move and we'll regret it.

Why?

Too much money and not what people want to think he is.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2019, 07:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:22 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I can't say I love the move.  I'd set the over/under for starts at 9, due to Foles' age and athleticism.

Also, just a few years ago you could have had this guy for the veteran's minimum at a time we were paying a lot for Henne to back us up, and that's just terrible value.  There's a Foles out there right now, and we're not paying attention.  Regardless, go Nick and go Jags.

And somewhere, TMD's head is exploding, so that adds some value.

I agree with this part in bold.

He's having to balance his love for all things Eagles vs. his inclination to [BLEEP] about all things Jaguars.

It's not just that:  He HATED Nick Foles, and constantly commented about how all NFL teams, and particularly the Jags, should avoid him like the plague.  Now Foles is an NFL champion, SB MVP, and, ultimately, a Jag.  Take that, New Jersey's finest.

A solid upgrade for this organization at a reasonable price. Good job front office.

(03-11-2019, 07:31 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:22 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I can't say I love the move.  I'd set the over/under for starts at 9, due to Foles' age and athleticism.

Also, just a few years ago you could have had this guy for the veteran's minimum at a time we were paying a lot for Henne to back us up, and that's just terrible value.  There's a Foles out there right now, and we're not paying attention.  Regardless, go Nick and go Jags.

So you don't think Foles will make more than 9 starts as a Jaguar? I mean, that's pretty dark. Unless he get's a Smith like injury or pulls a Bradford. 

There is a lot of revisionist history. If the Jags had signed Foles after his Rams/Chief stints, this whole board would have lambasted them no matter how much the contract was. Plus Foles probably needed the time with Andy Reid, and then Pederson, to get his head right and grow as a QB.

I set the over/under at 9 for the 2019 season.  You're right, for a potential 4 year career with the Jags, that would be pretty dark.  I could see him pulling a Wentz or Garapolo, not so much Bradford.  I think poor Alex Smith might be done.

I actually always thought the guy was pretty good, and like Pederson as a coach, but this one smacks of buying high, and a little too late.

Now that he's a Jag, I hope he turns into Brees.

Just like the Foles/Haskins poll, it seems fairly split.

Congrats guys! I'm a long time Eagles fan but I live in Central Florida now....I'll be buying a Nick Foles Jaguars jersey and will be looking forward to coming up and rooting you guys on in a few months!! I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with Foles. He's a true leader and a very good QB. If he gets some weapons around him, with the Jaguars defense, this should be a playoff team next year. Looking forward to it and congrats again!

(03-11-2019, 07:42 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: Congrats guys!  I'm a long time Eagles fan but I live in Central Florida now....I'll be buying a Nick Foles Jaguars jersey and will be looking forward to coming up and rooting you guys on in a few months!!   I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with Foles.  He's a true leader and a very good QB.  If he gets some weapons around him, with the Jaguars defense, this should be a playoff team next year.  Looking forward to it and congrats again!

Thanks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Due to his  AGE?!? Hes younger than Ryan, Stafford, Dalton and is the same age as Luck and Newton.  He hasnt started much so his body hasnt absorbed nearly as much punishment as them. He has about 3 1/2 years worth of starts. The one thing he DOEs have those other 5 QBs dont? A Super Bowl ring (and Super Bowl MVP). Ryan, Stafford, and Luck all make MORE yearly.  Newton is JUST behind him. You gotta pay a premium for a starting QB.  No one knew Foles 2 years ago. He bet on himself.  Let it play out this year and see if Wentz can make it through a season.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-11-2019, 07:42 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: Congrats guys!  I'm a long time Eagles fan but I live in Central Florida now....I'll be buying a Nick Foles Jaguars jersey and will be looking forward to coming up and rooting you guys on in a few months!!   I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with Foles.  He's a true leader and a very good QB.  If he gets some weapons around him, with the Jaguars defense, this should be a playoff team next year.  Looking forward to it and congrats again!

Its nice to finally get a championship calilber QB

Ah....the Villanova fan! I remember you.  Looking forward to it as well.  I like him and hope he does well.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 07:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

[Image: 904H18y.jpg]

[Image: 1u85Nh9.jpg]

(03-11-2019, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: 904H18y.jpg]

[Image: 1u85Nh9.jpg]

Boom!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 08:01 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

I am going on the record as hating this deal. Paid way too much. Guy is gonna be average for the next 2-3 years till we cut him. Please prove me wrong Foles.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

LOL

Eagles fans are known for being...boisterous.

It seems after 25 years, Jaguars fans are known for being completely polarized on QBs.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 08:13 PM by imtheblkranger.)

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/...79459?s=19

Tried to find TMD losing his mind but he hasn't tweeted since September

(03-11-2019, 07:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1086071908980801537

lol at you trusting a stat that has Goff over Brady and Brees.  lol

(03-11-2019, 08:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1086071908980801537

lol at you trusting a stat that has Goff over Brady and Brees.  lol

i take it the purpose of that specific stat went over your head. Not that its a surprise of course.

(03-11-2019, 05:38 PM)roycee Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm not a huge Foles fan, but I understand bringing him in and I'll be behind him 100%

I just am concerned with the contract, especially when we were the only bidder. But it's not my money so [BLEEP] it. As long as we win.

The only bidder? How'd you come to that conclusion?

everyone is saying it. Schefter...etc.

(03-11-2019, 08:34 PM)MR FLORIDA Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:38 PM)roycee Wrote: The only bidder? How'd you come to that conclusion?

everyone is saying it. Schefter...etc.

Would he be selling cars if we didnt sign him?