Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

(03-11-2019, 09:11 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Really says it all. The team is doubling down on horrifically overpaying 2017 playoffs outlier QBs.
What's it say? That he's not Brees Brady or Rivers? Well holy moly we gotta real genius here ladies and gentlemen! Good thing we didn't pay top 6 HOFer money for him then isn't it?

Did you miss thr comparison where he was better than Wentz total stats wise with less starts (almost same though)? So you're saying you'd be pissed if we got Wentz too then?

The "overall stat" as you call it is a lot less telling than the stat posted above, which factors in the quality of the defense faced. It shows that Foles is no where near Wentz' level, which is underlined by the fact that the eagles have chosen Wentz over Foles at every possible opportunity, including after Foles' SB win.

Foles is not a top 10 QB, he is more at the 15th range. Being the only team seriously bidding for him (according to Schefter) and the only one being able to offer him the nr 1 QB Spot with literally no competition, we massively overpaid for his services, and according to reports the jags didnt even try to get him for less, bcs they didnt want to insult him. That is ridiculous and shows how little the people working for the franchise think of their own team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 09:40 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:11 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: What's it say? That he's not Brees Brady or Rivers? Well holy moly we gotta real genius here ladies and gentlemen! Good thing we didn't pay top 6 HOFer money for him then isn't it?

Did you miss thr comparison where he was better than Wentz total stats wise with less starts (almost same though)? So you're saying you'd be pissed if we got Wentz too then?

The "overall stat" as you call it is a lot less telling than the stat posted above, which factors in the quality of the defense faced. It shows that Foles is no where near Wentz' level, which is underlined by the fact that the eagles have chosen Wentz over Foles at every possible opportunity, including after Foles' SB win.

Foles is not a top 10 QB, he is more at the 15th range. Being the only team seriously bidding for him (according to Schefter) and the only one being able to offer him the nr 1 QB Spot with literally no competition, we massively overpaid for his services, and according to reports the jags didnt even try to get him for less, bcs they didnt want to insult him. That is ridiculous and shows how little the people working for the franchise think of their own team.

Dude.... I can't even. He got 15th ranked QB money so sounds like we're right on, what planet have you been living on ? Nfl QBs get PAID now. Yeah man let's go by some made up "expected performance" stat that's all about the defenses he played and not his career RATING stats which are very good for every coach except Fischer. I GUARANTEE you that I can find similar bull stats showing how he's "better" than some of those QBs as well.

(03-11-2019, 05:16 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: He is getting 1 mill more then we would have paid BB5. He is only about that much percentage better then BB5. and now we have no money to spend on upgrading the offense so we might be in the same Boat~

Man crush?  Or in this case, young man crush?

(03-11-2019, 09:30 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: The "overall stat" as you call it is a lot less telling than the stat posted above, which factors in the quality of the defense faced. It shows that Foles is no where near Wentz' level, which is underlined by the fact that the eagles have chosen Wentz over Foles at every possible opportunity, including after Foles' SB win.

Dude.... I can't even. He got 15th ranked QB money so sounds like we're right on, what planet have you been living on ? Nfl QBs get PAID now. Yeah man let's go by some made up stat that's all about the defenses he played and not his career RATING stats which are very good for every coach except Fischer. I GUARANTEE you that I can find similar bull stats showing how he's "better" than some of those QBs as well.

Also, Foles led the Eagles through the playoffs and won a SB and last season he took a 6-7 Eagles, struggling with Wentz in a 3 win streak to get in the playoffs and take them to the Division round. You can use stats to prove anything but you also have to use your eyes. That team responded to Foles and he was the guy making some of those big plays, thats what we want.

Of course he's not the best QB in the league but he's an improvement for us. We have an OC he knows and a system he knows straight away. I get shy people are nervous but this could also be a really solid move that gives us a real shot next season.

(03-11-2019, 09:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:30 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Dude.... I can't even. He got 15th ranked QB money so sounds like we're right on, what planet have you been living on ? Nfl QBs get PAID now. Yeah man let's go by some made up stat that's all about the defenses he played and not his career RATING stats which are very good for every coach except Fischer. I GUARANTEE you that I can find similar bull stats showing how he's "better" than some of those QBs as well.

Also, Foles led the Eagles through the playoffs and won a SB and last season he took a 6-7 Eagles, struggling with Wentz in a 3 win streak to get in the playoffs and take them to the Division round. You can use stats to prove anything but you also have to use your eyes. That team responded to Foles and he was the guy making some of those big plays, thats what we want.

Of course he's not the best QB in the league but he's an improvement for us. We have an OC he knows and a system he knows straight away. I get shy people are nervous but this could also be a really solid move that gives us a real shot next season.

Doesnt matter his ay/a is awful
ya/p is awful
bs/ys is awful

Number 57 in pass yards after commercials
33rd in amount of words used at the line of scrimmage per audible with less than 2 minutes left in the game

just awful.

I just wonder what we are all gonna do when Foles is able to hit a receiver in stride on a crossing route, or perhaps throw a nice touch pass to a RB out of the backfield. He might even be able to do that multiple times in a game.

I know Bortles has kept the bar low when it comes to throwing the football, but I'm just hoping Foles can show us a little more with all that money they are paying him.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

If you wanna complete the Foles formula, draft Haskins and keep him ahead of Foles in the depth chart, sub them out 4 games into the season and watch the magic happen

(03-11-2019, 10:09 PM)jaglyn Wrote: If you wanna complete the Foles formula, draft Haskins and keep him ahead of Foles in the depth chart, sub them out 4 games into the season and watch the magic happen

I think this is a great plan as long as the stats back it up.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Let's hope he can still play ok without a decent tightend and a mediocre receiver bunch.

He was the best available no doubt though.

Jags need a tight end in the first or second round. Wouldn't mind seeing a trade down.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-11-2019, 08:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/...79459?s=19

Tried to find TMD losing his mind but he hasn't tweeted since September

I laughed at this more than any sane man should.... 

Honestly the contract is 11th in AAV for a QB that has proven to be legit in the postseason, and has shown some ability to 'get it done' in the regular season.. You tell me we get a SB MVP QB on our team with a very good win % in the regular season too, and we aren't paying top dollar for him, I'd be super happy. 

For some reason, some people aren't, including some in the media. I will say this, he needs tools at WR and TE, we simply have nothing there right now. We also created more depth issues at RT with Parnell being cut. This draft is likely going to be offense heavy, and we really need to hit on those picks.

(03-11-2019, 10:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Let's hope he can still play ok without a decent tightend and a mediocre receiver bunch.

LOL

The offseason isn't over yet, brother.  The Jags are not done adding pieces.

(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:11 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: What's it say? That he's not Brees Brady or Rivers? Well holy moly we gotta real genius here ladies and gentlemen! Good thing we didn't pay top 6 HOFer money for him then isn't it?

The "overall stat" as you call it is a lot less telling than the stat posted above, which factors in the quality of the defense faced. 

I'm not sure what stats you're referring to but during the past 2 seasons, Foles has beaten better teams, with better records and better defenses than Wentz has....and Foles has done it at least 6 times in "must win games"...something Wentz has yet to do once.

Some of those stats are for their complete body of work.  But Foles has improved dramatically over the past 2 seasons and he has been every bit as good as Wentz...and against better teams, in much more high pressure situations.  I've watched every single Eagles game over the past 2 years and I can tell you that, without a doubt, Foles has played just as good or better than Wentz.

(03-11-2019, 10:21 PM)Ace Nova Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: The "overall stat" as you call it is a lot less telling than the stat posted above, which factors in the quality of the defense faced. 

I'm not sure what stats you're referring to but during the past 2 seasons, Foles has beaten better teams, with better records and better defenses than Wentz has....and Foles has done it at least 6 times in "must win games"...something Wentz has yet to do once.

Some of those stats are for their complete body of work.  But Foles has improved dramatically over the past 2 seasons and he has been every bit as good as Wentz...and against better teams, in much more high pressure situations.  I've watched every single Eagles game over the past 2 years and I can tell you that, without a doubt, Foles has played just as good or better than Wentz.

This is very accurate.

(03-11-2019, 10:21 PM)Ace Nova Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: The "overall stat" as you call it is a lot less telling than the stat posted above, which factors in the quality of the defense faced. 

I don't really disagree with any of your assertions ^ here, but that "must win games" stat has got to be the most hilarious made up stat in this burgeoning era of made up stats I've ever heard. 

LOL

I'm not dark on analytics or anything, and I think that Foles is pretty clutch and definitely cool under pressure, but that stat is laughable to me.

(03-11-2019, 10:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 10:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Let's hope he can still play ok without a decent tightend and a mediocre receiver bunch.

LOL

The offseason isn't over yet, brother.  The Jags are not done adding pieces.

Well you have to be realistic. He wasn't good at the rams. Basically we are hoping he's a late bloomer.

The fact that the starter and the backup looked just as great in Philly either means they have two great qbs or just a great system and supporting cast.

Let's prey it's the former.

SMH...

Guess we just felt Foles was our only option. It won't matter if we don't improve the OL and add a play maker.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 10:53 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-11-2019, 10:37 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Guess we just felt Foles was our only option. It won't matter if we don't improve the OL and add a play maker.

Who says we won't improve the OL, or that we are ambivalent about doing it?

No matter WHO we picked at QB-Foles, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Bortles, Haskins, Lock, whomever-they would have to surround him with talent.

That's what winning franchises do for QBs.

The Steelers of the 70s added Franco harris, Lynn Swann, john Stallworth, Mike Webster and Bennie Cunningham to Terry bradshaw.  The Steelers of the Big ben era added guys like Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, and Leveon Bell, among others for him.

The 49ers of the 1980s added Roger Craig jerry Rice, John taylor and Harris Barton, among others, to Joe Montana.

Dallas of the 1990s followed up the Aikman selections with guys like Moose Johnston, Mark Stepnoski, Emmitt Smith, Alexander Wright, Alvin Harper, Erik Williams, Jimmy Smith, Larry Allen and Kevin Williams, and added Jay Novacek in plan B free agency to ensure Aikman could succeed.

The Colts drafted Peyton Manning in 1998.  They became one of the most successful franchises over the next decade by adding guys like Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark to his arsenal of targets.

As it stands now, we are in good position to add surrounding talent to this offense in this draft if we evaluate the players properly.

We are in day one of the legal tampering period.  We're not even in the official first day of free agency, and the draft is still a month away.

Let it play out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-11-2019, 10:37 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Guess we just felt Foles was our only option. It won't matter if we don't improve the OL and add a play maker.

They have 5 picks ranging between #7 and #110.

They can absolutely improve the line and add a playmaker(s) with that ammunition.