Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now?

So now that we see that Foles has signed a deal that is not a "Bridge QB"...how do you see the draft picks going now?

Do you still grab Haskins now that you are fully locked in with Foles for 2-3 years?

I still feel like we go all in on on supporting cast...so OL/TE/TE/OL/WR in the 1st 4 rounds.

What is your ideal draft now?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love Haskins but with those kind of money invested you can't go QB early, you gotta protect the investment and add as many weapons as you can.(not that I think Haskins will be there at 7 anyway)

In my book do everything you can to trade down a few spots to get at least an additional day 2 pick, even for less compensation you would usually look for. In the 10-15 range you'd still have one of Hockenson, Fant, Ford, Taylor, Dillard, Bradbury, Williams there. Go OL/TE heavy early and then BAP with the extra picks and from the 4th and on. Not really room for error or project players in the first 4 rounds.

Hockenson in the first, then OL second. After that I know what I would like (WR/RB) but highly doubt it happening.

(03-11-2019, 05:39 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: So now that we see that Foles has signed a deal that is not a "Bridge QB"...how do you see the draft picks going now?

Do you still grab Haskins now that you are fully locked in with Foles for 2-3 years?

I still feel like we go all in on on supporting cast...so OL/TE/TE/OL/WR in the 1st 4 rounds.

No need to draft a rookie QB.  It's win now, just win now mode baby. Draft players that can step in and contribute.   Chammmpppiiooonnssshiiipppppp

(03-11-2019, 05:39 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: So now that we see that Foles has signed a deal that is not a "Bridge QB"...how do you see the draft picks going now?

The great news is there is zero immediate pressure to trade up for Haskins (though I like him as a prospect) or any other QB.

This is also a good deep draft in the positions we need.

At 7, we are likely in position to get the top RT, TE or WR.

I don't know about "ideal," but an acceptable draft to me would look something like this to start

1st round  Taylor T
2nd Round  N'Keal Harry WR
3rd Round  Jace Sternberger TE
3rd Round  Ben Benschawel  G
4th Round  OL of choice or RB

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

1- TE Hockenson.
2- G Lindstorm.
3- WR Andy Isabella.
3- QB Will Grier

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 06:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

1. Hockenson
2. Lindstrom
3. McGary
3. Best WR or FS

Now, I think the #7 pick will be used on an OT. They will expect to get a TE later on in the draft given the deep class.

With the Foles signing, it is unrealistic to believe they will sign any more free agents who will become starters on day 1. They still need to pay Yannick and Ramsay so it would be foolish to go after guys like Golden Tate or Daryl Williams, who would meet needs but cost too much. Based on that, the Jaguars will need to draft, in order of importance:

1. Offensive line/tight end (tie)
2. Wide receiver
3. Free safety
4. Running back
5. Linebacker
6. Developmental quarterback
7. Linebacker depth

It is not unfeasible to believe they can end up with 3 immediate starters if they draft well (like 3 years ago). Ideally, Drew Lock will light it up at his pro-day and enable the Jaguars to trade back to a team like the Dolphins, Redskins or Broncos (to learn from Flacco). Assuming that does not happen, my ideal draft would look like this:

Rd. 1  Hockenson (only other possibilities are Taylor or defensive stud who drops like Q. Williams).

Rd. 2 Lindtrom ( Very safe pick and immediate starter). Alternative picks are McCoy, Bradberry and Risner. 

Rd. 3 Tytus Howard- May not start immediately, but future starting right tackle. Richardson better be ready.

Rd. 3 McClaurin (many other options at receiver who should compete immediately).

Rd. 4 Will Grier - His stock has dropped a lot so he may be there. Finley is another good option here. 

Rd. 6 and 7 - BAP at any of the above positions of need.

TE class is not deep. There are a couple of elite ones we need to get. Screw OL in the first. Hockenson first round.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

LOTS of ways to address it, but here's a fun one:

7 -  Jawaan Taylor RT
38 - Will Grier QB
69  - Jace Sternberger TE
99 - Terry McLaurin WR
110 - Tytus Howard OL

It’s probably going to be Hockenson. The man blocks like an Oline player already and should develop to be a decent pass option. For the current FO philosophy it just makes too much sense.

It's going suck watching Haskins thrive somewhere else.

#7 pick has to be either TE or OT now.

Lindstrom would be a dream in the 2nd round, but that's not going to happen. He's a 1st round lock guys, guaranteed.

(03-11-2019, 06:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's going suck watching Haskins thrive somewhere else.

Lindstrom would be a dream in the 2nd round, but that's not going to happen. He's a 1st round lock guys, guaranteed.

He likely would not have thrived here, at least this season.

It would likely have taken a trade up to get him, which would have impacted our ability to put talent around him.

(03-11-2019, 06:02 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: 1- TE Hockenson.
2- G Lindstorm.
3- WR Andy Isabella.
3- QB Will Grier

Agreed minus Isabella, but I’m dying to get Grier in the 3rd and sit him for 2 years. We can get out of Foles in 2 years for almost nothing and are gonna need a cheap guy since we have Jalen, Yan, and Myles to account for

(03-11-2019, 06:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's going suck watching Haskins thrive somewhere else.

He's not a 1st round lock if you go by all the mock drafts out there by people who do this for a living. The majority of sites have him going somewhere in round 2. However, if he is gone in the first round, there are several other excellent options like McCoy, Risner and Bradberry. All 3 of these guys would be immediate starters.

(03-11-2019, 07:17 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

He's not a 1st round lock if you go by all the mock drafts out there by people who do this for a living. The majority of sites have him going somewhere in round 2. However, if he is gone in the first round, there are several other excellent options like McCoy, Risner and Bradberry. All 3 of these guys would be immediate starters.

Mock drafts are always wrong, constantly. I wouldn't put much stock into them. They're fun to look at, but that's about it. That's why everybody does about 15+ of them.

Lindstrom has great cut-ups, he killed it at the senior bowl and had a great combine. Hes did nothing but continue to raise his stock and check off boxes. I don't think there's any chance he gets out of the 1st round.

I like Lindstrom but I dont think he is as good as a prospect as Hernandez who fell to the 2nd

You know, if we could be sure to get enough OLs, I wouldn't object to doubling down on TEs (i.e. TJH in round 1 and another guy in round 3).

I also think the Foles signing makes a trade down more likely (though the odds are still slim).

(03-11-2019, 06:12 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Now, I think the #7 pick will be used on an OT.  They will expect to get a TE later on in the draft given the deep class.

I agree.  We still need to feature the running game, make the defense bite on play action, and protect Foles.  The only way to make that happen is to have a good running game with an elite Oline.

1 - Oline
2- TE
3 - WR or BAP