Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now?

It wouldnt shock me if they drafted Jonah Williams. I think he can be an elite guard

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2019, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It wouldnt shock me if they drafted Jonah Williams.  I think he can be an elite guard

He wouldn't be a bad pick, especially due to the fact he can play guard or tackle.

Like someone else said the Foles signing to me really opens up the trade down possibilities.

Dream to me would be trading back to 15 or so and picking up an additional 2nd rounder. Haskins falls to 7 or someone really covets Lock or one of the many stud DL prospects.

At 15, I still think you could get one of Hochenson/Fant/Taylor/Ford/J. Williams.

(03-11-2019, 08:53 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Like someone else said the Foles signing to me really opens up the trade down possibilities.

Dream to me would be trading back to 15 or so and picking up an additional 2nd rounder.  Haskins falls to 7 or someone really covets Lock or one of the many stud DL prospects.

At 15, I still think you could get one of Hochenson/Fant/Taylor/Ford/J. Williams.

Yeah this is now the best possible thing that could happen, we would then have like 3 picks in the top 50 and 6 in the top 109. It would give us a chance to build a cheap and young nucleus of an offense around Foles.

Either way, the value and length of the contract has made me change my tune, I wouldn't take a QB at 7 now, we have to provide tools for Foles.

Better hope Murray or Haskins is there at 7. That’s the best way to get a trade down partner.

Really bummed about not going for Haskins but I’ll get behind Foles.

Foles needs a great pass catching TE. Hockenson in round 1. Campbell or Lindstrom in round 2. OLine and another TE or WR in round 3. Offense with the first 4 picks.

1-TE Hockenson
2- TE Irv Smith / TE Fant (might not be there)
3- G Eric McCoy / T Yodny Cajuste
3- G Ben Benschawel
4- RB Elijah Holyfield
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(03-11-2019, 08:53 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Like someone else said the Foles signing to me really opens up the trade down possibilities.

Dream to me would be trading back to 15 or so and picking up an additional 2nd rounder.  Haskins falls to 7 or someone really covets Lock or one of the many stud DL prospects.

I said it earlier, but thinking about it, I'm not so sure it makes a trade down more viable or advisable, if addressing offensive needs is a concern.

Our needs are no secret:  OL, WR, TE-at least that is the short term presumption now that we have Foles.

Detroit is behind us at 8.  While you can argue that CB is a huge need for them and they would benefit from taking Greedy Williams, they also have a huge need at TE since they gave up on Ebron.

Behind them is Buffalo, and they have needs along the OL.  They have to protect Allen.  They also have a need at WR.

At 10 is Denver, and their OL is shaky.

Cincinnati sits at 11, and with Tyler Eifert being a walking medical chart, and Tyler Kroft gone, TE is a huge need for them, as is RT since Ogbuehi has been a bust and Fisher hasn't been much better.  They have a need opposite Cordy Glenn.

Green Bay is at 12, and they have three different thirty somethings at TE with Graham, Kendricks and Marcedes Lewis.

Supposing Miami were interested in jumping ahead of say, Denver, to get a QB, it could result in the following nightmarish scenario
7.  Miami-Drew Lock
8.  Detroit-Hockenson
9.  Buffalo-Taylor or Metcalf
10.  Denver-Jonah Williams
11.  Cincinnati-Cody Ford/Greg Little
12.  Green Bay-Noah Fant

Which leaves us at 13 with either Metcalf or Little?

I think I'd want more options at 13.

Naturally, there could be other scenarios where we don't drop don as far, or free agency changes the needs of the teams below us.

But the point is, if we get cute, we could lose out big time.

If we have a firm conviction on a player at a position of need, and that player is on the board at 7, I would not be quick to deal down unless we just got an amazing deal.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Better hope Murray or Haskins is there at 7. That’s the best way to get a trade down partner.

Really bummed about not going for Haskins but I’ll get behind Foles.

Foles needs a great pass catching TE. Hockenson in round 1. Campbell or Lindstrom in round 2. OLine and another TE or WR in round 3. Offense with the first 4 picks.

I am beginning to think Haskins might be there at 7, though I think it would be a mistake for the Giants to wait to address QB.

The Giants OL is almost complete with the trade for Zeitler.  If they signed a Ju'waun James to play RT, they could focus their entire draft on the defensive side of the ball.

It would make sense on many levels.

Defense is the strength of the draft.  The biggest weaknesses on the Giants team at this stage are on the defensive side of the ball.

Having traded Vernon (I was never a huge fan), they certainly have need for an edge rusher for their 3-4.  Montez Williams projects as a top ten pick.  They need CBs since their secondary was a disaster last year.  Greedy Williams fits nicely there. 

If Haskins is somehow available at 7, while it could spur some teams to want to move up, he could simply continue to slide.  Detroit and Buffalo have no immediate needs at QB.  Denver just got Flacco, and he's likely a bridge QB, but I don't know that Elway likes Haskins or that he would be willing to trade up above teams not needing a young signal caller to get Haskins.  Cincinnati has Dalton.  While Dalton has never won a playoff game, and since he is a little older and since the Bengals have a new coach, maybe they would be interested in Haskins.  But again, would they be interested enough to trade up to 7 above teams that don't really need a QB?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 11:23 PM by Upper.)

Please don't compound the Foles mistake by taking a bad OT at 7. I think Jonah and Taylor are both going to disappoint if taken in the top 10.

Please take Hockenson...or Ford...or even just go pure BAP and take Sweat or something. Sweat would actually be pretty exciting now that our DL depth is gone and we can't keep relying on Calais to defy father time...especially with his size out on the EDGE.

(03-11-2019, 07:14 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 06:02 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: 1- TE Hockenson.
2- G Lindstorm.
3- WR Andy Isabella.
3- QB Will Grier

Agreed minus Isabella, but I’m dying to get Grier in the 3rd and sit him for 2 years. We can get out of Foles in 2 years for almost nothing and are gonna need a cheap guy since we have Jalen, Yan, and Myles to account for

Who do you get instead of Isabella ? 

I like him, he reminds me Edelman. Short, strong WR with good hands.

Please quit drafting stupid.. Please draft Hockenson..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 09:27 AM by BlueEyedJag.)

(03-11-2019, 09:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I said it earlier, but thinking about it, I'm not so sure it makes a trade down more viable or advisable, if addressing offensive needs is a concern.

Our needs are no secret:  OL, WR, TE-at least that is the short term presumption now that we have Foles.

Detroit is behind us at 8.  While you can argue that CB is a huge need for them and they would benefit from taking Greedy Williams, they also have a huge need at TE since they gave up on Ebron.

Behind them is Buffalo, and they have needs along the OL.  They have to protect Allen.  They also have a need at WR.

At 10 is Denver, and their OL is shaky.

Cincinnati sits at 11, and with Tyler Eifert being a walking medical chart, and Tyler Kroft gone, TE is a huge need for them, as is RT since Ogbuehi has been a bust and Fisher hasn't been much better.  They have a need opposite Cordy Glenn.

Green Bay is at 12, and they have three different thirty somethings at TE with Graham, Kendricks and Marcedes Lewis.

Supposing Miami were interested in jumping ahead of say, Denver, to get a QB, it could result in the following nightmarish scenario
7.  Miami-Drew Lock
8.  Detroit-Hockenson
9.  Buffalo-Taylor or Metcalf
10.  Denver-Jonah Williams
11.  Cincinnati-Cody Ford/Greg Little
12.  Green Bay-Noah Fant

Which leaves us at 13 with either Metcalf or Little?

I think I'd want more options at 13.

Naturally, there could be other scenarios where we don't drop don as far, or free agency changes the needs of the teams below us.

But the point is, if we get cute, we could lose out big time.

If we have a firm conviction on a player at a position of need, and that player is on the board at 7, I would not be quick to deal down unless we just got an amazing deal.
Assuming that #1-6 go some form of Bosa/Q.Williams/Murray/Allen/Haskins/Gary or Sweat and then the rest falls as you have laid out...

At 13, We have Metcalf as a possible Offensive selection but look at the D possibilities to draft or even fall back into the 20's...cause someone is going to want what is there...

D. White - LB - LSU
R. Gary or M. Sweat - DL - Michigan/Mississippi State
Pick of the CB/S
E. Oliver - DL - Houston
B. Burns - DE - FSU
Ferrel / Wilkins - DL - Clemson

I think if they don't find a trade partner and it shakes out how you suggested the pick would be one of Sweat/White/Wilkins....Wilkins is my sneaky pick in this case b/c Dareus isn't coming back next year at 22.5M per year.

Lets really dream the dream here and say that Haskins is there @ 7 (Gary and Sweat go in top 6) and Miami calls and says we will give you Picks 13/48/78 (1st/2nd/3rd) for 7 to take Haskins...
Then Cleveland sees D. White still sitting there and says we will give you 17/80/144 (1st/3rd/5th) for 13.

So to fall and possibly lose (Hochenson/Fant/Taylor) we would have:
1st Round : 17
2nd Round: 38 / 48
3rd Round : 69 / 78 / 80 / 98

7 picks in the top 100 would be pretty nice and really help load up on the offensive needs.

(03-12-2019, 04:14 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:14 PM)JNev Wrote: Agreed minus Isabella, but I’m dying to get Grier in the 3rd and sit him for 2 years. We can get out of Foles in 2 years for almost nothing and are gonna need a cheap guy since we have Jalen, Yan, and Myles to account for

I mean I don't hate Isabella. You think he goes Day 2?

Would love Hockenson or a Top OL.
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

(03-12-2019, 04:14 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:14 PM)JNev Wrote: Agreed minus Isabella, but I’m dying to get Grier in the 3rd and sit him for 2 years. We can get out of Foles in 2 years for almost nothing and are gonna need a cheap guy since we have Jalen, Yan, and Myles to account for

Isabella is going to be a stud

(03-12-2019, 09:28 AM)JNev Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 04:14 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Who do you get instead of Isabella ? 

I mean I don't hate Isabella. You think he goes Day 2?

I think it's possible. I could see the Pats taking him with one of their three 3rd round picks. 

Edelman, Amendola, Hogan....Isabella is this kind of short and strong WR.

Here's a good one with Hockensen at #7

7 -- Hockensen TE
38 - Dalton Risner RG/RT
69 - Darnell Savage FS
99 - Jakobi Meyers WR
110 - Tytus Howard OL
179 - Travis Homer RB

(03-12-2019, 10:48 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:28 AM)JNev Wrote: I mean I don't hate Isabella. You think he goes Day 2?

I think it's possible. I could see the Pats taking him with one of their three 3rd round picks. 

Lol you mean white don't you.

(03-12-2019, 11:23 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:48 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: I think it's possible. I could see the Pats taking him with one of their three 3rd round picks. 

Lol you mean white don't you.

LOL ! I'm sorry but this is true. I don't care if they are white or black, they are all the same kind of player. 

Dorsett is also a short WR. Last season it was Brandin Cooks. Another short guy.

(03-12-2019, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's a good one with Hockensen at #7

7 --  Hockensen   TE
38 -  Dalton Risner  RG/RT
69 - Darnell Savage  FS
99 -  Jakobi Meyers  WR
110 - Tytus Howard OL
179 -  Travis Homer   RB

Hock/Risner/Grier would be ideal for me. WR in rd 4