Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now?

(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Better hope Murray or Haskins is there at 7. That’s the best way to get a trade down partner.

Really bummed about not going for Haskins but I’ll get behind Foles.

Foles needs a great pass catching TE. Hockenson in round 1. Campbell or Lindstrom in round 2. OLine and another TE or WR in round 3. Offense with the first 4 picks.

I am beginning to think Haskins might be there at 7, though I think it would be a mistake for the Giants to wait to address QB.

The Giants OL is almost complete with the trade for Zeitler.  If they signed a Ju'waun James to play RT, they could focus their entire draft on the defensive side of the ball.

It would make sense on many levels.

Defense is the strength of the draft.  The biggest weaknesses on the Giants team at this stage are on the defensive side of the ball.

Having traded Vernon (I was never a huge fan), they certainly have need for an edge rusher for their 3-4.  Montez Williams projects as a top ten pick.  They need CBs since their secondary was a disaster last year.  Greedy Williams fits nicely there. 

If Haskins is somehow available at 7, while it could spur some teams to want to move up, he could simply continue to slide.  Detroit and Buffalo have no immediate needs at QB.  Denver just got Flacco, and he's likely a bridge QB, but I don't know that Elway likes Haskins or that he would be willing to trade up above teams not needing a young signal caller to get Haskins.  Cincinnati has Dalton.  While Dalton has never won a playoff game, and since he is a little older and since the Bengals have a new coach, maybe they would be interested in Haskins.  But again, would they be interested enough to trade up to 7 above teams that don't really need a QB?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now? - by Bullseye - 03-11-2019, 10:00 PM