Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now?

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 09:27 AM by BlueEyedJag.)

(03-11-2019, 09:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:53 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Like someone else said the Foles signing to me really opens up the trade down possibilities.

Dream to me would be trading back to 15 or so and picking up an additional 2nd rounder.  Haskins falls to 7 or someone really covets Lock or one of the many stud DL prospects.

At 15, I still think you could get one of Hochenson/Fant/Taylor/Ford/J. Williams.

I said it earlier, but thinking about it, I'm not so sure it makes a trade down more viable or advisable, if addressing offensive needs is a concern.

Our needs are no secret:  OL, WR, TE-at least that is the short term presumption now that we have Foles.

Detroit is behind us at 8.  While you can argue that CB is a huge need for them and they would benefit from taking Greedy Williams, they also have a huge need at TE since they gave up on Ebron.

Behind them is Buffalo, and they have needs along the OL.  They have to protect Allen.  They also have a need at WR.

At 10 is Denver, and their OL is shaky.

Cincinnati sits at 11, and with Tyler Eifert being a walking medical chart, and Tyler Kroft gone, TE is a huge need for them, as is RT since Ogbuehi has been a bust and Fisher hasn't been much better.  They have a need opposite Cordy Glenn.

Green Bay is at 12, and they have three different thirty somethings at TE with Graham, Kendricks and Marcedes Lewis.

Supposing Miami were interested in jumping ahead of say, Denver, to get a QB, it could result in the following nightmarish scenario
7.  Miami-Drew Lock
8.  Detroit-Hockenson
9.  Buffalo-Taylor or Metcalf
10.  Denver-Jonah Williams
11.  Cincinnati-Cody Ford/Greg Little
12.  Green Bay-Noah Fant

Which leaves us at 13 with either Metcalf or Little?

I think I'd want more options at 13.

Naturally, there could be other scenarios where we don't drop don as far, or free agency changes the needs of the teams below us.

But the point is, if we get cute, we could lose out big time.

If we have a firm conviction on a player at a position of need, and that player is on the board at 7, I would not be quick to deal down unless we just got an amazing deal.
Assuming that #1-6 go some form of Bosa/Q.Williams/Murray/Allen/Haskins/Gary or Sweat and then the rest falls as you have laid out...

At 13, We have Metcalf as a possible Offensive selection but look at the D possibilities to draft or even fall back into the 20's...cause someone is going to want what is there...

D. White - LB - LSU
R. Gary or M. Sweat - DL - Michigan/Mississippi State
Pick of the CB/S
E. Oliver - DL - Houston
B. Burns - DE - FSU
Ferrel / Wilkins - DL - Clemson

I think if they don't find a trade partner and it shakes out how you suggested the pick would be one of Sweat/White/Wilkins....Wilkins is my sneaky pick in this case b/c Dareus isn't coming back next year at 22.5M per year.

Lets really dream the dream here and say that Haskins is there @ 7 (Gary and Sweat go in top 6) and Miami calls and says we will give you Picks 13/48/78 (1st/2nd/3rd) for 7 to take Haskins...
Then Cleveland sees D. White still sitting there and says we will give you 17/80/144 (1st/3rd/5th) for 13.

So to fall and possibly lose (Hochenson/Fant/Taylor) we would have:
1st Round : 17
2nd Round: 38 / 48
3rd Round : 69 / 78 / 80 / 98

7 picks in the top 100 would be pretty nice and really help load up on the offensive needs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now? - by BlueEyedJag - 03-12-2019, 09:08 AM