Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now?

(03-12-2019, 05:55 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Sign a cheap Vet QB and let him and Tanner Lee compete for the back up job.

Actually, this is kinda my point.  This is what we've done since Garrard took over from Leftwich.  We get a cheap vet to back up our stabs at drafting the franchise QB, then when franchise QB fails, we don't have an honest prospect with potential.  Other teams do.  Hell, we used to, when we traded a pick to get Brunell, drafted Rob Johnson pretty high, and even when we drafted Garrard.  I don't hate Tanner Lee, and I thought Steven Morris had potential, but those choices are pretty speculative.  Drafting Matt Jones because we didn't need Aaron Rodgers and picking up Reggie Williams when Roethlisberger was on the board are 2 pretty bad mistakes that have haunted our franchise.  I realize most of us didn't see Wilson coming (I didn't), and Grier is probably slightly overdrafted in the 2nd round, but I think the early Jags teams had a better philosophy.

In 2012, do you think it might have been a good idea to take a shot on Nick Foles in the 2nd or 3rd round, even though we had our guy(s)?  Hindsight 20/20 and all, but we just never take a realistic stab at the QB of the future anymore, and other, more successful teams, do.  I think maybe it's time for a shot at it.

I also think it's time the Jags had 3 QBs on the roster again, given our many failings at the position.

There's really no point in looking towards the possible future at QB for this front office now, because Foles is their future. They all likely got a 2 year window to make a deep run in the playoffs, or we're cleaning house.

All of their focus needs to be on helping out this Offense and Foles right now. Taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round doesn't help this team.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now? - by Eric1 - 03-12-2019, 06:19 PM