Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Now what do they do with Blake?

Obviously, Foles is the starting QB for the Jags. 

So now what do they do with BB?

Hold onto him and maybe a contender will lose their starting QB and they would give up a few picks for him? It could happen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Post June 1 release. Is this even a question?

Find a way to move some money around and keep him would be the preferable option at this point. Then we can all chant "Bring back the BOAT" whenever Foles has a bad game.

(03-11-2019, 07:33 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Find a way to move some money around and keep him would be the preferable option at this point. Then we can all chant "Bring back the BOAT" whenever  Foles has a bad game.

Laughing

He's either traded or cut with June 1st option. No we're not keeping him. The notion that we should keep him needs to stop....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I think the team is moving to the "natural throwers" preference from now on.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 08:08 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(03-11-2019, 07:33 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Find a way to move some money around and keep him would be the preferable option at this point. Then we can all chant "Bring back the BOAT" whenever  Foles has a bad game.

I wouldn't be opposed to Bortles staying on as a backup. Its in line with his abilities.

(03-11-2019, 07:37 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: He's either traded or cut with June 1st option. No we're not keeping him. The notion that we should keep him needs to stop....

The only way we can trade Bortles is by paying someone off with a pick like the Texans did.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

They've already said as soon as Foles is official on Wednesday that Bortles is being released.

It sounds crazy but with the FA QB market being what it is, I wonder if they could say something like "listen, we'd like to keep you as the backup but not at your present salary, how about re-structuring in a way that let's you stay with the team you're most familiar with?" I know, not very likely.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-11-2019, 08:11 PM)hb1148 Wrote: It sounds crazy but with the FA QB market being what it is, I wonder if they could say something like "listen, we'd like to keep you as the backup but not at your present salary, how about re-structuring in a way that let's you stay with the team you're most familiar with?" I know, not very likely.

I would give it a try. But if they have already decided to move on than that is that. Would be nice to get some value out of the guaranteed money we already gave him by spreading it out some more and keeping him as backup tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-11-2019, 08:11 PM)hb1148 Wrote: It sounds crazy but with the FA QB market being what it is, I wonder if they could say something like "listen, we'd like to keep you as the backup but not at your present salary, how about re-structuring in a way that let's you stay with the team you're most familiar with?" I know, not very likely.

I'd love to keep him as a back up. That's the perfect roll for him. But I just dont see that happening

(03-11-2019, 08:08 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: They've already said as soon as Foles is official on Wednesday that Bortles is being released.

Yep, I thought they would wait to take the bigger savings June 1.  But thinking more about it since it's now a reality, that would be a really harsh move.

Cutting now lets teams talk to him before the draft, where they can make decisions on whether to pick him up now or wait and see after the draft.

Experienced starting QBs have a market.  For him it isn't likely to be competing for a starting job.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Word on the street was Bellichick had Bortles high on their draft board the year he was drafted. Let's see if he still has a thing for him.

Actually think Bortles would make a good backup to Wentz.

If I was his agent, my first call would be to Arizona. Second call to Miami.

So would we still get a salary offset if cut now?

My Charger fan buddy wants him to back up Rivers. That’s the type of gig I think he’ll get. Behind some proven vet on a squad that’s built to contend in 2019. He’d be a pretty good insurance policy against the unthinkable for a team like that.

Cut

(03-11-2019, 09:02 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:08 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: They've already said as soon as Foles is official on Wednesday that Bortles is being released.

Yep, I thought they would wait to take the bigger savings June 1.  But thinking more about it since it's now a reality, that would be a really harsh move.

Cutting now lets teams talk to him before the draft, where they can make decisions on whether to pick him up now or wait and see after the draft.

Experienced starting QBs have a market.  For him it isn't likely to be competing for a starting job.
You can cut him now without waiting until 6/1 and claim it as a post 6/1 cut. It's so players don't get hurt by it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 12:24 AM by jachba.)

(03-12-2019, 12:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: My Charger fan buddy wants him to back up Rivers.  That’s the type of gig I think he’ll get.  Behind some proven vet on a squad that’s built to contend in 2019.  He’d be a pretty good insurance policy against the unthinkable for a team like that.

There's a guy who posts under the name diehardcharge on the fan board (losangeleschargers.proboards.com) set up by one of the former Charger message board moderators (the official message board was shut down at the end of February). I don't know if he's your friend, but he is suggesting the same thing.