Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you feel about Foles?
Estatic! Finally a quality NFL QB!
Indifferent! Eh, Ok I guess
Furious! I hate it and another bad move by the F.O.
[Show Results]

The Big Nick Foles poll? Vote how you feel

I for one am happy.  We got a superbowl mvp QB playing with his old OC.  The 22 million a year salary is on the cheap on what most starting QBs get for hitting free agency.  A huge upgrade over Bortles maybe enough to get this team over the top.  Time to go and get some quality tight ends.

How do you feel?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Happy.

Not ecstatic.

Love it. Really hoping he can do great things here. Just need the line and receivers to play "decent" and we can do big things this season.

(03-11-2019, 10:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Happy.

Not ecstatic.

Same.

I'm indifferent. It was expected and the contract wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm a huge believer in drafting your franchise QB and I really like Haskins. Foles is a definite upgrade over Bortles, that's no doubt, but between Bortles' ill-advised extension and Foles' new contract, it costs us a very good interior pass rusher and a solid Free Safety to make this move and I hated losing two good, proven veteran players in our system. In my estimation, we got better at QB, but we got worse on the interior D-Line and at Safety. It's kind of a wash in my eyes.

(03-11-2019, 10:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Not ecstatic.

Same.

Me three

We need a "Wait and see."

Needs something between indifferent and furious.

(03-11-2019, 11:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm indifferent. It was expected and the contract wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm a huge believer in drafting your franchise QB and I really like Haskins. Foles is a definite upgrade over Bortles, that's no doubt, but between Bortles' ill-advised extension and Foles' new contract, it costs us a very good interior pass rusher and a solid Free Safety to make this move and I hated losing two good, proven veteran players in our system.  In my estimation, we got better at QB, but we got worse on the interior D-Line and at Safety. It's kind of a wash in my eyes.

A reasoned and sensible take.

Though I know WHY they did it, the fact is signing Bortles to an extension was a mistake, especially when they could have achieved the same result more cheaply by simply picking up his 5th year option, and it bit the team this year.

I will say it is possible Jackson could have been cut even without the Bortles extension or the Foles contract.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 06:45 AM by I am Yoda.)

(03-11-2019, 11:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm indifferent. It was expected and the contract wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm a huge believer in drafting your franchise QB and I really like Haskins. Foles is a definite upgrade over Bortles, that's no doubt, but between Bortles' ill-advised extension and Foles' new contract, it costs us a very good interior pass rusher and a solid Free Safety to make this move and I hated losing two good, proven veteran players in our system.  In my estimation, we got better at QB, but we got worse on the interior D-Line and at Safety. It's kind of a wash in my eyes.

The off-season isn't over yet.

We won't know the balance until the potential replacements for Jackson and Gipson are signed.  I think FO is counting on Bryan to take Jackson's spot.  Safety is mostly likely coming in draft, maybe FA.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I'll reserve my opinion for how he plays for The Jags.. Too many times that I've started out excited, only to be disappointed.. Burn me once, shame on you.. Burn me the next hundred times, shame on me..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Indifferent.

Will be less happy if we don't draft a QB at all

(03-12-2019, 06:54 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Indifferent.

Will be less happy if we don't draft a QB at all
If we draft a QB it will be in the later rounds unless someone like Jones fall to the second round. Should Jones or another prospect fall to round two it still does not mean we will draft them.  I think they use the draft for a tight end, lineman and wide receiver. T

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 07:10 AM by RicoTx.)

Don't like it.  Seems like a quick-fix solution on a player that does not have that kind of talent.  Although I refuse to vote in the poll because I'm not 'furious'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-11-2019, 11:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

A reasoned and sensible take.

Though I know WHY they did it, the fact is signing Bortles to an extension was a mistake, especially when they could have achieved the same result more cheaply by simply picking up his 5th year option, and it bit the team this year.

I will say it is possible Jackson could have been cut even without the Bortles extension or the Foles contract.

I agree with O-LM too but Bullseye's comment is the truth threaded through the fabric of this. Had the 5th option been picked up, BB5 would be gone now with no $$ consequences. The FO gambled that he'd grow from 2017 but they lost as he regressed instead. And yeah, Malik Jackson was likely gone in any event.

It's time to get excited about 2019. Super Bowl? No, probably not. But, depending on who they surround Foles with and about 10,000 other factors, we are likely in for a decent ride this year and the next couple of years. Enjoy it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Not ecstatic.

I'm somewhere between happy and ecstatic.

The writing was on the wall when the Jaguars hired Foles former quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo as their offensive coordinator. That was the groundwork that preceded drafting Foles. This was the combination of coaches and quarterback that the Jaguars felt was necessary to get back to the playoffs. My opinion is that the Jaguars felt this combination would elevate Foles to franchise quarterback status. IF this turns out to be accurate then the contract is an excellent move. If it turns out that this decision is wrong heads will roll. My Gut feeling is Foles QB play to will elevate the position to a level that will calm the fan base. As far as playing at a franchise level, I'm on the fence with that level of play. But one thing for sure is the play at the quarterback position will elevate the bar to a much higher level than last year'

Good. Finally, don't have to look at that funny throwing motion and bad ball placement anymore. Knows how to win in the big games. We going to the Super Bowl.

I voted optimistically indifferent because I am skeptical if the "Foles magic" exists outside of Philadelphia.

However, compared to Bortles, I'd be ecstatic to put my mother out there to play QB, so I am overall thrilled with the move.

I'm happy with the deal, I think this is one instance where a team didn't overpay for a starting QB.