Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you feel about Foles?
Estatic! Finally a quality NFL QB!
Indifferent! Eh, Ok I guess
Furious! I hate it and another bad move by the F.O.
[Show Results]

The Big Nick Foles poll? Vote how you feel

I'm happy. Wish we could have paid a little less, but that's how the dimes roll....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 08:53 AM by irontrooper83.)

I'm fine with it. A bit expensive but it's not like 3M a year less for him would have given us that much room to operate with in this FA where crazy deals are everywhere.
I love Haskins but the win against Miami complicated our path a lot to get him and with all the draft ammo we would have to give up we probably wouldn't be able to improve the offense enough for this season.
If we were looking at long-term of course I'd have gone that route but the FO needed certainties now and Foles was available.

I'm not concerned about him, I'm more concerned about the choices Coughlin & Caldwell will make in the draft, hopefully they get it right with the OL and TE picks especially. No room for raw prospects and projects, gotta nail those starters.

I personely think its a bad move due to our offenssive line woes.at the same time i kep thinking of when he played for the rams behind a bad O-line and how bad he was there. With the eagles he had a great O-line and a superstar WR  

With all of that being said I am very nervoues Foles will regress back to the QB we saw with the rams due to our O-line.   I will support him,and the team when season starts yes. I am just saying im not sold on foles being a great QB. 

I think the Eagles strong O-line and Alson Jeffory made foles a great qb. we will see.  all in all my vote would be for thr one thats not listed. 

I'm nervoues,and worried,but ill wait and see.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-12-2019, 09:34 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I personely think its a bad move due to our offenssive line woes.at the same time i kep thinking of when he played for the rams behind a bad O-line and how bad he was there. With the eagles he had a great O-line and a superstar WR  

With all of that being said I am very nervoues Foles will regress back to the QB we saw with the rams due to our O-line.   I will support him,and the team when season starts yes. I am just saying im not sold on foles being a great QB. 

I think the Eagles strong O-line and Alson Jeffory made foles a great qb. we will see.  all in all my vote would be for thr one thats not listed. 

I'm nervoues,and worried,but ill wait and see.

Offensive line woes? We're obvi replacing Parnell I assume with our first round pick or a soon-to-be-announced FA, and we're getting Cam, Norwell and Linder back healthy. Heck, the OL is probably the strength of our offense.

I'm absolutely ecstatic about this signing. It's the best possible move they could have made. 
'02

Cautiously Optimistic for the 2019 season

Concerns:
Still need to see that Oline shape out
A vet and rookie TE
Linebacker depth
Another runningback whether draft or FA
Safety (I like Wilson, but I prefer the FS spot to be more athletic and having range)
3rd down edge rusher
Rookie QB for the future:

I dont see us being done in Free agency. This team has shown it prefers to fill holes with free agency rather than the draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 10:00 AM by sfljaguarsfan.)

I'll take this for over the Cousins hoopla everybody wanted last year. I'm positive I'm on record here calling that Cousins would've been a disaster as he folds like a $2 lawn chair everytime the pressures on.

Foles does the opposite.

Well, I suppose Im what you call.....happy....so far. now if the FO can keep adding things we need
just maybe the Jaguars will finally start looking like a real NFL team.
I'll give them this year to show marked improvement....and if they do
maybe the year after to start really shaping up.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Answered furious, but would have liked a 'disappointed' between indifferent and furious. I accepted the inevitable signing, but figured we would be able to have more patience to get a more affordable deal done. Who else was in the market to sign him? Did we NEED to sign him on day one? Is he going to make the guys already on the roster better? Is strangling our cap going to help us improve the roster at any other position?

I pray it works out, but I have a feeling this contract is going to bite us in the hiney.

Only about 15% of people really do not like it, I am surprised.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I'm okay with it but the Jags have made me kind of numb in the positive emotion department. I'll judge him when he hits the field with this teams lineup.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 07:08 PM by Ronster.)

Anyone against the Jags picking up Foles does not understand football. FINALLY, a proven veteran that HAS won a MVP in a Superbowl, as a BACKUP. And almost did it again the following year; again AS A BACKUP. The Jags are lucky to have him.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 07:28 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-13-2019, 07:06 PM)Ronster Wrote: Anyone against the Jags picking up Foles does not understand football. FINALLY, a proven veteran that HAS won a MVP in a Superbowl, as a BACKUP. And almost did it again the following year; again AS A BACKUP. The Jags are lucky to have him.

Says the guy that said we should draft an offensive lineman that was drafted in 2018...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-13-2019, 07:06 PM)Ronster Wrote: Anyone against the Jags picking up Foles does not understand football. FINALLY, a proven veteran that HAS won a MVP in a Superbowl, as a BACKUP. And almost did it again the following year; again AS A BACKUP. The Jags are lucky to have him.

The dude has been a career BACKUP, was on the verge of retiring, has numbers similar or lower than some of the worst QBs in the league, has never played a full season as a starter, and history proves FA QBs rarely workout. You should be a little more open minded and acknowledge there is plenty to draw concern from. I think you're also being disingenuous if you believe our offensive roster is anywhere near the one he had in Phili that gave him successes.  It's good to be excited for change but throwsome realism in there.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-14-2019, 09:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

The dude has been a career BACKUP, was on the verge of retiring, has numbers similar or lower than some of the worst QBs in the league, has never played a full season as a starter, and history proves FA QBs rarely workout. You should be a little more open minded and acknowledge there is plenty to draw concern from. I think you're also being disingenuous if you believe our offensive roster is anywhere near the one he had in Phili that gave him successes.  It's good to be excited for change but throwsome realism in there.

I agree, a signing and commitment this big carries plenty of risk. But any acquisition would have carried some risk and drafting a rookie is generally the biggest risk of all.  I like the signing, I think Foles has developed into a good QB after some shaky performances early on. We'll know if it's panning out soon enough.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I've come to like the signing, too. If you look at it as a 2 year deal at 26mill/yr then it's in the ballpark. It is obvious to all that you HAVE TO find a cheap rookie QB for 4-5 years to be able to pursue reasonable FA's and be competitive.
- continuing with BB5 was a ridiculous option
- throwing a rookie into the fire rarely works (see Gabbert, B.)
- trading all our draft capital to move up for a guy expected to go anywhere from 1-15 is crazy, IMO. If he were
a consensus #1 overall (i.e. Andrew Luck, etc.), then yes

Go with Foles, then a QB in the 6th/7th if there's one left that we like or...maybe Tanner Lee has grown in his year on the PS.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile