Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Site Wide Mock Discussion Thead

(03-22-2019, 09:29 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 05:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A few things to keep in mind as we draft.......

Tampa Bay is switching to a 3-4 defense

Arizona is switching back to a 3-4 defense

Kansas City is switching to a 4-3 defense

Oh snacks! I didn't know Tampa was switching....

This is their first venture out of a 4-3 style in franchise history ain't it?

I think so.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 10:03 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-22-2019, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Buffalo just signed Ty Nnsekhe, so the Jawaan Taylor pick is a little questionable for me

Who? I think you're fine with the Taylor pick. They need protection for the QB in several areas. Nnsekhe is making less than the Jags paid Cann and Nnsekhe is an OT, so he's almost assuredly signed for depth. I expect the Bills to go OT very early in this draft.

(03-22-2019, 09:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 05:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A few things to keep in mind as we draft.......

Tampa Bay is switching to a 3-4 defense

Arizona is switching back to a 3-4 defense

Kansas City is switching to a 4-3 defense

Devin White would be great in Tampa's 3-4 defense next to David

Yep. No take backs though. The Bengals need him desperately.  Smile

I was choosing between Oliver and Ferrell. I ultimately went with Oliver due to his diversity and potential to play DE or DT.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Oliver is my pick for defensive rookie of the year if the team who drafts him plays him at the 3T.

Houston had him lined up over the center for some ungodly reason.

(03-22-2019, 10:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oliver is my pick for defensive rookie of the year if the team who drafts him plays him at the 3T.

Houston had him lined up over the center for some ungodly reason.

Not sure about college ball, but in youth ball I really like a smalller faster kid at NT. It really can impact the center and his snap. But in college and the pros, I want a 2 Gap plugger there.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 10:58 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I honestly think Buffalo selects Oliver

(03-22-2019, 10:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Buffalo just signed Ty Nnsekhe, so the Jawaan Taylor pick is a little questionable for me

Who? I think you're fine with the Taylor pick. They need protection for the QB in several areas. Nnsekhe is making less than the Jags paid Cann and Nnsekhe is an OT, so he's almost assuredly signed for depth. I expect the Bills to go OT very early in this draft.

(03-22-2019, 09:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Devin White would be great in Tampa's 3-4 defense next to David

Ty is making more than Cann.  6.3 mil this year, that would be a lot of money for a backup

You guys are both right. He was signed because he's arguably the best swing tackle in the league , he's just old so his contract is essentially a high end backup at worst but could be the starter depending on how Buffalo approaches the draft. Gives them more flexibility to not be forced into a tackle

(03-22-2019, 11:11 AM)JackCity Wrote: You guys are both right. He was signed because he's arguably the best swing tackle in the league , he's just old so his contract is essentially a high end backup at worst but could be the starter depending on how Buffalo approaches the draft. Gives them more flexibility to not be forced into a tackle

I think it comes down to 2 players for them.  Oliver or Hockenson

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 02:29 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-22-2019, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I honestly think Buffalo selects Oliver

(03-22-2019, 10:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who? I think you're fine with the Taylor pick. They need protection for the QB in several areas. Nnsekhe is making less than the Jags paid Cann and Nnsekhe is an OT, so he's almost assuredly signed for depth. I expect the Bills to go OT very early in this draft.

Ty is making more than Cann.  6.3 mil this year, that would be a lot of money for a backup

2 yrs/a little over $9 million is what I read. That's still low for a starting OT though. I would think the Bills would prioritize getting more protection for their new QB.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 03:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-21-2019, 06:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 06:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: I dunno I think Hockensons blocking vs 99% of college TEs who come out would make Coughlin a massive fan

One site I read described him as a "destroyer of worlds," when it comes to his blocking. They said he was far and away the best blocker in the TE class and I agree. This class has some pretty good blocking TE's too, so that's saying something.
I read that article but this is a much better one on Hockenson. I've never seen a TE make the blocks he can make on the regular. He looks like Quinton Nelson when he drives defenders 10 to 15 yards back and pancakes them into the grass

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...hockenson/

Kittle was just as good of a blocker. Don't forget this Kittle thread I posted during his draft process. And he's continued doing it in the NFL.

https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status...5387208704

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/...9471284224

Kittle was the best blocking TE I have seen until Hockenson came along. There are both beasts. I dont think anyone forgot about him. We brought it up at season end talking about how most of us wanted him.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 06:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Hockenson is like Kittle. For the life of me I dont understand how we value blocking and we didnt draft Kittle when we needed a TE and he went in the 5th. A typical Dave move, 90% of the people on this board seen how good Kittle was but Dave couldn't see it

Yeah - there were two dozen posters here clamoring for Kittle last year.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 07:33 PM by Upper.)

Oh I know Kittle was well loved by most, just saying I think people calling Hock the best blocker in memory are just falling for recency bias. And to be honest you could argue OJ Howard is on par too since he is the best pass blocker of the 3 while also being a very good run blocker.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 08:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Oh I know Kittle was well loved by most, just saying I think people calling Hock the best blocker in memory are just falling for recency bias. And to be honest you could argue OJ Howard is on par too since he is the best pass blocker of the 3 while also being a very good run blocker.

Goedert is and was a very good blocker too. Hockenson is just on a different level though. Hockenson seems to have those crazy blocks in every game. He looks like Quenton Nelson at times

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 08:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Blocking I'd say

Hockenson

Kittle

Howard & Goedert

(03-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Oh I know Kittle was well loved by most, just saying I think people calling Hock the best blocker in memory are just falling for recency bias. And to be honest you could argue OJ Howard is on par too since he is the best pass blocker of the 3 while also being a very good run blocker.

How many pressures did Hockenson give up in pass pro?

I likely won’t be on the board very much for the next few days. I’ll take Jonah Williams for the ‘Skins if the Falcons don’t pick him. If they do, I’ll take Greedy Williams.

Falcons have been on the clock for a while now. I vote Rashan Gary

Anyone that wants to vote can vote on the Falcons pick