Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nancy Pelosi rules out Trump impeachment: ‘He’s not worth it’

Nancy Pelosi rules out Trump impeachment: ‘He’s not worth it’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Monday that she’s against impeaching President Trump “unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan.” Which is exactly the point — there isn’t.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/11/nancy-pelo...-on-trump/
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

AKA, we would look like idiots for trying to do it. Fortunately, it's not going to stop her radical caucus from trying it.

The Mueller report might have something "overwhelming and bipartisan" but then again it probably won't.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Because there are no grounds for impeachment.  He hasn't broken the law or violated any ethics rules.  It's not like he's done anything near what President Clinton did.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-12-2019, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Because there are no grounds for impeachment.  He hasn't broken the law or violated any ethics rules.  It's not like he's done anything near what President Clinton did.

There are plenty of grounds for impeachment.
The emoluments alone!
They never proved that Clinton got an emolument while in office. But can you imagine if Obama or Bush had been literally operating a hotel targeting foreign diplomats while in office? 
Nancy just doesn't see high enough chances of winning in the Senate, nor does she see that the chances of her getting other things she wants improve with Pence in the White House. Remember Nancy generally has access to the unredacted versions of things. So she probably knows a little bit more about what facts are left to reveal, and when they will be revealed, than the rest of us. What's left to reveal is either not that surprising, or the schedule that it could possibly be revealed is too close to the 2020 election.

The grift is coming to an end. They couldn't stretch it out to the next election, but they sure tried.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-12-2019, 08:20 PM)pirkster Wrote: The grift is coming to an end. They couldn't stretch it out to the next election, but they sure tried.

Rush is right. The dems know they can't beat Trump in the next election, so they're laying the groundwork for impeachment in his next term. While Mueller won't be able to provide the ammunition they want, they're hoping to dig something up with their own witch hunts...I mean investigations.

There's also the possibility that whatever is left to be revealed implicates Nancy or other powerful Democrats as much as it implicates Trump, and they've just all decided to not go there. I don't think that's as likely and I hope and pray that it's not the case.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 08:51 PM by mikesez.)

(03-12-2019, 08:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:20 PM)pirkster Wrote: The grift is coming to an end. They couldn't stretch it out to the next election, but they sure tried.

Rush is right. The dems know they can't beat Trump in the next election, so they're laying the groundwork for impeachment in his next term. While Mueller won't be able to provide the ammunition they want, they're hoping to dig something up with their own witch hunts...I mean investigations.

I don't think Rush is right about that. 
If Trump wins in 2020, his coattails will probably bring Republican majorities in both houses. Any ammunition that Democrats find by investigation will not be very useful with them locked out of power at the federal level. They would have to be counting on Republicans in the House or Senate to cooperate with their investigations, and they have no reason to count on that. It's not 1974. We are much more partisan now.

Nancy announced this because she is pretty confident in Democrats chances of winning in 2020.
She feels that having her people air out Trump's dirty laundry in Committees helps her party's chances, but that actually bringing articles of impeachment could make the President into a martyr.

(03-12-2019, 12:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: The Mueller report might have something "overwhelming and bipartisan" but then again it probably won't.

Or she could just be preparing the way for any trivial item being called "overwhelming and bipartisan." 

He spit on the sidewalk! Impeach him!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Timing is everything. He won't be removed from office, so what's the rush? If you wait until it's close to the election, you can drag him through the mud and give him something to be bothered with while campaigning. Even better, keep it as a back up in case he wins.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 10:31 PM by pirkster.)

(03-12-2019, 08:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Impeachment would spell the last nail in their own coffin.

All they have to do is not be insane.  And they simply.  Can't.  Do.  It.

He'll walk to an easy victory based on his record.  That's why she's tamping down the impeachment talk.  They do that, and he'll win in a landslide.  Normal people don't do whackadoodle, which is what the idea of impeachment is.  Regular people, casual voters... have had enough of the nonsense.  People who haven't voted in years would show up to keep the progress and what's actually working (for a change) in place.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

To be honest, the democrats should probably focus on trying to win the majority in the Senate or House in 2020 at this point.

You guys always underestimate the power of the media. I don't care how bad the candidate is for the Dems, it's going to be a tough fight for Trump.

(03-13-2019, 09:43 AM)Last42min Wrote: You guys always underestimate the power of the media. I don't care how bad the candidate is for the Dems, it's going to be a tough fight for Trump.

Can the Dems win the Disengaged with these tactics? I really don't know. The media is powerful in influencing them, but it seems like what we are seeing is intolerable for normal Americans.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-13-2019, 09:43 AM)Last42min Wrote: You guys always underestimate the power of the media. I don't care how bad the candidate is for the Dems, it's going to be a tough fight for Trump.

Then again, you might be underestimating regular citizens ability to see through it.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 12:33 PM by B2hibry.)

(03-12-2019, 07:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Because there are no grounds for impeachment.  He hasn't broken the law or violated any ethics rules.  It's not like he's done anything near what President Clinton did.

The emoluments alone!
They never proved that Clinton got an emolument while in office. But can you imagine if Obama or Bush had been literally operating a hotel targeting foreign diplomats while in office? 
Nancy just doesn't see high enough chances of winning in the Senate, nor does she see that the chances of her getting other things she wants improve with Pence in the White House. Remember Nancy generally has access to the unredacted versions of things. So she probably knows a little bit more about what facts are left to reveal, and when they will be revealed, than the rest of us. What's left to reveal is either not that surprising, or the schedule that it could possibly be revealed is too close to the 2020 election.

There are "plenty of grounds" and then you spout Emoluments Clause? It's a stretch to believe anything of unlawful merit comes from the Emolument case, let alone define grounds for impeachment. Little to no precedents and he has shown to distance himself (personal) from the fair market transactions taking place.

Again, another great leap in believing Nancy is backing off because she doesn't like the alternative. As you say, she has access to the info and knows there isn't anything there. This is reinforced by the fact that she agreed to hire two attorney's to guide the recent rash of hearings. If it doesn't exist, make it exist!! Unlucky for her and the Dem house is that there is no legal standing for any of the 81 entities contacted for info and hearings to have to comply. There are no lawful investigation grounds. In any case, muddying the waters was part of the plan from the beginning...dirty the air for the 2020 election in hopes that the sheep will bite. Only, she failed to let the newer members of her circus in on the plan. Seems to be backfiring at the moment and making her the fool.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The media? That's all you got - the big bad media? You seem to forget that Donald is his own media. And no one can stop him from being his own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "the media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by Fox News.

Oh, but you're not influenced by "the media". Not at all. hahahahaha
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(03-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: The media? That's all you got - the big bad media? You seem to forget that Donald is his own media. And no one can stop him from being his own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "the media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by Fox News.

Oh, but you're not influenced by "the media". Not at all. hahahahaha

At least you are now using haha instead of hehe. Shows you are fixable. Good quality.

(03-12-2019, 07:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:

The emoluments alone!

There are supposedly "plenty of grounds for impeachment", yet all you have is the Emoluments Clause which doesn't really apply?  Try again.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.