Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nancy Pelosi rules out Trump impeachment: ‘He’s not worth it’

(03-13-2019, 02:59 PM)Last42min Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: The media? That's all you got - the big bad media? You seem to forget that Donald is his own media. And no one can stop him from being his own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "the media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by Fox News.

Oh, but you're not influenced by "the media". Not at all. hahahahaha

Pull your head out of your [BLEEP] and look around. Enjoy the fresh air for a few seconds. 

I realize that what I wrote could be interpreted as creating a media boogeyman, but it was a caution for conservatives to temper expectations; not to bash liberals. What I posted is a verified fact. The media is heavily slanted left and has ample opportunity to push the narrative. I could site you studies to show it, but that would be a waste of time. 

Conservatives dominate YouTube and radio talk shows. If you were speaking to a fellow liberal and said, "don't underestimate the power of social media influence on conservatives," do you think it would reflect well on me if I responded like this?

Quote:Social media? That's all you got - big bad social media? You seem to forget that "Candidate X" is their own social media. And no one can stop "preferred gender pronoun" from being their own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "social media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by The Young Turks. 

Oh, but you're not influenced by "social media". Not at all. hahahahaha

So that is all you got.

My point is that it's so tiresome to hear right-wingers play the victim card. Always whining about the media. Always saying, or implying, that "those" people are so easily manipulated. It's not fair! But they never acknowledge the manipulation they are subject to. You see it all the time in letters to the editor, or posts on here. Whatever Rush or Sean or Laura or Tucker said last night becomes today's talking point. But it's the media!

Look - I know when Trump is your guy it's hard to stand on facts or principle. But just using "the media" (rarely any examples given) is just a cop out.

And when really desperate, blame The Deep State.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nancy Pelosi rules out Trump impeachment: ‘He’s not worth it’ - by Adam2012 - 03-13-2019, 04:53 PM