Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nancy Pelosi rules out Trump impeachment: ‘He’s not worth it’

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 10:21 AM by mikesez.)

(03-14-2019, 09:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Last42min Wrote: That's all I need. What evidence could I present to you that you would acknowledge media bias? Would a UCLA study that shows most journalists are left of the average DEMOCRATIC politician work? Would a study from Texas A&M and Arizona State convince you that even most financial journalists that work for WSJ and The Economist lean left? What about poll after poll that shows less than 10% of journalist identifying as conservatives.

I will readily concede that Fox News leans right, especially in it's opinion shows. I will concede that most Republicans would prefer to watch Fox News and wouldn't challenge their own preconceived notions. This doesn't change the fact that the media bias, as a whole, absolutely skews left, and that the majority of the US culture is affected by such bias. 

CNN isn't going to change the opinion of Republicans in the same way that Fox isn't going to change the opinion of Democrats. However, the vast majority of Americans resonate in the middle. You have roughly 20-25% on both sides that align in a political direction. Here is a decent infographic that shows how American blocks are voting (with moderates being the swing vote on different issues).

[Image: cover.jpg]
When I speak of the advantage of media bias, it is in direct relation to the middle three columns. It has a tremendous impact, especially on Presidential elections. It would be foolish for conservatives to take it for granted and ignorant for you to pretend it is not influential. 

Oh, btw, Trump is not MY guy. I didn't vote for him. I am critical when he does stupid things and pleasantly surprised when he does good things. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Why don't you come at me with some facts and we can throw down for real.

Always nice to see a 100% complete political spectrum graph that has no recognition of my own demographics or values.

You don't have to match all of the words listed under the tribe label for them to think you belong to that tribe.  Note that most of the words are only assigned to one tribe.  
If you match to two or three of the words, that's probably your tribe.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nancy Pelosi rules out Trump impeachment: ‘He’s not worth it’ - by mikesez - 03-14-2019, 10:17 AM