Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oline first 2 picks?

How would you guys feel if we went oline in the first 2 picks?  Its clear RT and RG are our 2 biggest needs along with TE. What if we went 

1. Taylor 2. Lindstrom 
1. Ford 2. Linstrom
1. Willams 2. McGary
1. Ford 2. Little
1. Willims 2. Lindstrom 

It's not ideal to have 2 rookies on the oline but if we can get 2 of the best I dont think it's out of the question.  Then we can get a guy like Sternberger in the 3rd along with a FS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd love it.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 08:22 AM by Bullseye.)

I wouldn't mind it, but we gotta hit on the picks.  

We can't afford any misses.

Though it's asking a lot, we can't afford slow developing picks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 08:39 AM by Upper.)

It doesn't really matter. We have lots of huge needs, fill them with the best players available. Don't take Jonah or Taylor at 7 just cause you think we are so desperate for oline. I think they are both going to be pretty disappointing. Ford, sure.

Who's the TE?

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 08:43 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-13-2019, 08:39 AM)Upper Wrote: It doesn't really matter. We have lots of huge needs, fill them with the best players available. Don't take Jonah or Taylor at 7 just cause you think we are so desperate for oline. I think they are both going to be pretty disappointing. Ford, sure.

I think Williams at guard would do just fine just like Ford.  I dont think you want to take either at 7 though if you want them to play tackle.  I'm not worried about Taylor at RT, if one were to draft him to play LT it would be a concern

(03-13-2019, 08:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Who's the TE?

Read the OP

(03-13-2019, 08:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:39 AM)Upper Wrote: It doesn't really matter. We have lots of huge needs, fill them with the best players available. Don't take Jonah or Taylor at 7 just cause you think we are so desperate for oline. I think they are both going to be pretty disappointing. Ford, sure.

I think Williams at guard would do just fine just like Ford.  I dont think you want to take either at 7 though if you want them to play tackle.  I'm not worried about Taylor at RT, if one were to draft him to play LT it would be a concern

Read the OP
I did and you still didn't address the TE position. If you are taking Oline with the first 2 picks, who will be starting at TE next season? Koyack?

I'd be good with Taylor and Lindstrom. The only negative is losing out on the top 3 tight ends and there may be a gap between Smith and Sternberger, but there also is a gap between Taylor/Williams/Ford and the next best tackle. Your idea is a good one and our line would really be set for awhile.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 09:00 AM by Bullseye.)

TE is a position that can be filled in the 3rd round.  This is true historically and judging this draft class.

Now there is compelling argument to take a TE in the first and O line later, but I won't necessarily panic if we take a TE in the 3rd.

In fact, I think given the need for improved depth in the OL, you could make the argument going OL twice early and at least once mid to late is preferable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-13-2019, 08:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

TE is a position that can be filled in the 3rd round.  This is true historically and judging this draft class.

Now there is compelling argument to take a TE in the first and O line later, but I won't necessarily panic if we take a TE in the 3rd.

In fact, I think given the need for improved depth in the OL, you could make the argument going OL twice early and at least once mid to late is preferable.

As mentioned in the OP.  Sternberger would be great value in the 3rd.

I think I'm partial to Knox in the 3rd if we don't get Hock. I am really growing on getting Sweat at 7 though. I want one of him, Hock, or Metcalf at 7.

Double up with Knox/Sternberger

If the 1st 3 rounds go:

Jawaan Taylor - OT - Florida
Chris Lindstrom - OG - Boston College
Dawson Knox - TE - Ole Miss
Jace Sternberger - TE - Texas A&M

I'm still holding out hope though that we can trade back for someone wanting Haskins/DL prospect and pick up an extra 2nd rounder....Maybe Miami gives up 1/2/3 for 7 to get Haskins

1st -  Noah Fant/T.J. Hockenson TEs - Iowa 
2nd - Chris Lindstrom - OG - Boston College
2nd - N'Keal Harry - WR - ASU
3rd - Tytus Howard - OT - Alabama St.
3rd - Dawson Knox - TE - Ole Miss
3rd - Darrel Henderson - RB - Memphis

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 10:04 AM by JagJohn.)

Just did a mock draft on thedraftnetwork.com and it came out exactly like this.

1st RT Taylor
2nd RG Risner
3rd TE Smith Jr (lucky for him to fall)
3rd WR Antoine Wesley
4th TE Warring
6th RB Weber
7th RB Pollard

I think we would all feel a lot better about our offense going into this season if the draft played out like that.

But also, how would you feel starting two rookies next to each other on the right side of the line? I think our limited dip into FA will be to get a veteran at RG sometime in the next week. Seems most likely to me.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 10:33 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Would love to get TJ Lang

(03-13-2019, 10:02 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Just did a mock draft on thedraftnetwork.com and it came out exactly like this.

1st RT Taylor
2nd RG Risner
3rd TE Smith Jr (lucky for him to fall)
3rd WR Antoine Wesley
4th TE Warring
6th RB Weber
7th RB Pollard

I think we would all feel a lot better about our offense going into this season if the draft played out like that.

But also, how would you feel starting two rookies next to each other on the right side of the line? I think our limited dip into FA will be to get a veteran at RG sometime in the next week. Seems most likely to me.
I'm not the biggest Smith fan but I would take him in the 3rd and would be good value.  I think it's possible as well as he is a good blocker too

Mine from the draftnetwork.com.

Quinnen Williams, IDL
Alabama

Noah Fant, TE
Iowa

Kaleb McGary, OT
Washington

JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR
Stanford

Devin Singletary, RB
FAU

Will Grier, QB
West Virginia

Nate Herbig , IOL
Stanford
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Don’t know much about McGary but other than him *kisses fingers*

I just don't see the value for top 10 OL pick this year honestly. Though I wouldn't mind "reaching" there for one of the top OGs I suppose.
I think the RG/RT market is fine in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and really feel like round 1 should be a play maker.

I lean toward Hock a great blocker and really good receiver in the first, then double down on OL in rd 2 and 3 and hit RB (or maybe WR) with our other 3rd rounder

Metcalf/ Sanders
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-13-2019, 10:02 AM)JagJohn Wrote: But also, how would you feel starting two rookies next to each other on the right side of the line? I think our limited dip into FA will be to get a veteran at RG sometime in the next week. Seems most likely to me.

Once again, I say it and it happens within a matter of minutes. #nostradamus

(03-13-2019, 08:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Isn't it the same for RTs and OGs?