Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cann re-signed

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1105...82848?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3 years for 15 million.

Gross.

Not really a fan of his but can't argue with the price for a veteran guard.

(03-13-2019, 01:31 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Not really a fan of his but can't argue with the price for a veteran guard.

I have a feeling it’s a contract with a low cap hit the first year and an easy out in years two or three.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Here comes Hockenson.

yuck. he's awful.

good thing we hired a bad oline coach to fix him!

Sensible signing, we needed a veteran presence on that right side of the line

(03-13-2019, 01:36 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Sensible signing, we needed a veteran presence on that right side of the line
He allowed the 3rd most pressures as a guard last year.

Now we need to resign Shatley. Linder always gets banged up a lil and he can play gaurd or center.

(03-13-2019, 01:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Here comes Hockenson.

Looking more and more like it after every passing day...or Taylor to complete the OL.

[BLEEP], why? I mean, I'm available, and believe me when I say that I can get shoved into the QB every bit as effectively as Cann does, but since I weigh a whole let less I'm not as likely to take him down with me.

(03-13-2019, 01:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:36 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Sensible signing, we needed a veteran presence on that right side of the line

I'm not saying he's great or anything, and I'd love to see them bring in competition for him, but we needed some stability on that right side and he provides that.

I'm ok with this. Everyone on the O-line had a bad year last year. Once one person goes down or plays poorly, it follows in suite across the board. He played well for us in the past. I think it was a smart idea to bring him back. We still need to draft quite a few guys for competition and depth, but I'm good with Cann coming back.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Not a big fan but one less hole we MUST fill. Need someone to beat him out in the offseason though.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

About as good as whats out there in FA
Still draft a guard early

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...05187?s=21

(03-13-2019, 01:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Cann was never a OL that was going to be all pro, and lead an offensive line to be dominant. He was always a serviceable guard but needs other lineman to be on the same page and be as good as he is. TBF most starting NFL offensive lineman meet this description. Plus more often than not, the Jags were killed by stunts and twists last year which is all about line communication.

The question this brings up though, Cann for $4-5 million vs. Parnell for $6 million?

Both are average starters that can be better depending on who surrounds them. Which is a better deal?

(03-13-2019, 01:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He allowed the 3rd most pressures as a guard last year.

Cann was never a OL that was going to be all pro, and lead an offensive line to be dominant. He was always a serviceable guard but needs other lineman to be on the same page and be as good as he is. TBF most starting NFL offensive lineman meet this description. Plus more often than not, the Jags were killed by stunts and twists last year which is all about line communication.

The question this brings up though, Cann for $4-5 million vs. Parnell for $6 million?

Both are average starters that can be better depending on who surrounds them. Which is a better deal?

Calling Cann an average starter is pretty generous

(03-13-2019, 01:50 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...05187?s=21

I wish I could get $5 million a year to suck.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 02:04 PM by NH3.)

Excellent move to further solidify the OL. Even if we draft a to be the guard to be the starter, we will have good depth...

(03-13-2019, 01:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Here comes Hockenson.

Who's Hockenson?  ?

NH3...
"AZANE"