Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cann re-signed

(03-13-2019, 01:58 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:50 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...05187?s=21

I wish I could get $5 million a year to suck.

lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2019, 01:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He allowed the 3rd most pressures as a guard last year.

Cann was never a OL that was going to be all pro, and lead an offensive line to be dominant. He was always a serviceable guard but needs other lineman to be on the same page and be as good as he is. TBF most starting NFL offensive lineman meet this description. Plus more often than not, the Jags were killed by stunts and twists last year which is all about line communication.

The question this brings up though, Cann for $4-5 million vs. Parnell for $6 million?

Both are average starters that can be better depending on who surrounds them. Which is a better deal?

Parnell is still out there...might get him back if his market isn't that big.

Wonder if Omahmeh/Shatley still fit in the plans?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

He is the only lineman that lasted the year Tongue

(03-13-2019, 01:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Here comes Hockenson.

Yes please

Did Heilman really tweet the Jaguars don’t put a premium on that position?  Norwell was signed to the richest deal ever for a G on year ago....
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

I hope this is just insurance if the value isnt there. I dont think this will sway them from picking say Lindstrom if he is there in the 2nd

(03-13-2019, 02:50 PM)jaglawyer Wrote: Did Heilman really tweet the Jaguars don’t put a premium on that position?  Norwell was signed to the richest deal ever for a G on year ago....

I guess he means RG?

(03-13-2019, 01:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Not a big fan but one less hole we MUST fill. Need someone to beat him out in the offseason though.

This sums it up for me.  I think we have more draft flexibility with this signing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 03:15 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I guess we can look on the bright side and say at least we didn't put the franchise tag on him.

I'm still waiting for that ever-optimistic person to post the following:  "Word has it the Patriots were willing to pay $6m for him so not only did we get a deal but we got the potential that only the Patriots are able to recognize."

I am not upset about it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 03:23 PM by irontrooper83.)

Dear...wasn't expecting this. Hopefully the guaranteed part is really low and they did it cause the got so burnt by last year injuries that they prefer to overspend on a backup like him rather than the Reed type. (Basically have the rookie playing on the cheap contract that combined with Cann's money is like if we signed a veteran to play G)I surely hope he won't be the starter and that we'll draft someone that we'll be able to plug in as I'd rather have Shatley back playing C with Linder sliding to G than Cann.
We'll see but not a fan of the move at the moment.

I don't know about the money, but I do know we HAD to fill that hole in our roster, and perhaps this means we won't have to spend a high pick on a guard.

(03-13-2019, 03:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know about the money, but I do know we HAD to fill that hole in our roster, and perhaps this means we won't have to spend a high pick on a guard.

Cann was one of the worst Guards in the league last season... This signing is nothing more than a depth signing because we'd have nobody else at the position.

This should in no way change their plans to address that position in the draft. Need to walk away from this draft with a OG somewhere in the first 3 rounds to compete with Cann, at the very least.

(03-13-2019, 01:44 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He allowed the 3rd most pressures as a guard last year.

I'm not saying he's great or anything, and I'd love to see them bring in competition for him, but we needed some stability on that right side and he provides that.

He's part of the reason the right side of the O-Line stunk last year. How is that stability?

Too expensive.
Draft Lindstorm please.

(03-13-2019, 03:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know about the money, but I do know we HAD to fill that hole in our roster, and perhaps this means we won't have to spend a high pick on a guard.

Cann was one of the worst Guards in the league last season... This signing is nothing more than a depth signing because we'd have nobody else at the position.

This should in no way change their plans to address that position in the draft. Need to walk away from this draft with a OG somewhere in the first 3 rounds to compete with Cann, at the very least.

We needed at minimum a guard, an offensive tackle, a TE, a free safety, and a backup RB.   That's 5 holes we have to fill.   If we can fill even one of them, even temporarily, we can have a little bit of draft flexibility.   The best use of free agency is to fill holes so you can draft the best player available.   

What if Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa unexpectedly falls to the 7th pick?   Filling holes like we did with Cann gives just a little more flexibility so we aren't locked into certain positions.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 04:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-13-2019, 04:01 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Cann was one of the worst Guards in the league last season... This signing is nothing more than a depth signing because we'd have nobody else at the position.

We needed at minimum a guard, an offensive tackle, a TE, a free safety, and a backup RB.   That's 5 holes we have to fill.   If we can fill even one of them, even temporarily, we can have a little bit of draft flexibility.   The best use of free agency is to fill holes so you can draft the best player available.   

What if Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa unexpectedly falls to the 7th pick?   Filling holes like we did with Cann gives just a little more flexibility so we aren't locked into certain positions.

Do we have someone to fill the hole at DE when Fowler left? I think that would be something we'd have to address in the mid to later rounds.

Can Richardson play guard at all, or is he only a tackle?

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 04:14 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-13-2019, 04:09 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Can Richardson play guard at all, or is he only a tackle?

When he was drafted, Marrone said he was going to be a RT only. Unless things have changed, I expect them to keep him at RT.