Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FA: No longer on roster

Quite the list of players hitting free agency. Begs the question of who we may have rights to. There are some names on there that I wouldn't think we could afford to let walk.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/free-agency...-on-roster
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A lot of pretty good players. Hopefully we resign a few.

Is Foles the only new player we're going to acquire? Feels bad man.
No pain, no gain.

Corey Grant.
Tyler Shatley
Blake Bell
Tommy Bohanon

I'm a Yeldon fan, but he will be too expensive and I guess they don't want him bad after what happens at the end of the season.

(03-13-2019, 04:32 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Corey Grant.
Tyler Shatley
Blake Bell
Tommy Bohanon

I'm a Yeldon fan, but he will be too expensive and I guess they don't want him bad after what happens at the end of the season.

Id throw Omameh on there too.  Hes relatively young, cheap, and proved hes versatile.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I'd like Grant, Wells and Walker at the right price.

16 players hit FA and 15 of them were on Offense.

You'd have to assume a couple of those OL guys will be back on cheap deals right? Even though that's not saying much, but they have to have some depth. 

O'Shaughnessy will hopefully come back because our TE room is in complete shambles. I wish they'd make a play for Jared Cook in FA. We could use a solid Vet to go along with the rookie/s TE we'll be drafting.

Only got 7 picks in this draft and 2 of them you can't put a lot of hope into (6th/7th). That means 5 picks in the top 110 to try and fill a bunch of holes/depth on an Offense that's pretty bare.

I’d try to offer some lowball deals to Bell and Grant

I’d offer decent backup deals to Shatley and Wells

I'm not worried about bringing back any of those guys.

Wholesale changes on offense were necessary.

That being said, we'll probably see a few additions in "second wave" FA for special teams and depth, but I'm not expecting any recently cut guys. If they really wanted them, they would have already offered like Cann.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."