Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Released. Not Post June 1st designated.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 08:12 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Interesting...

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...27617?s=19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Couldn't find a trade partner for a #3 pick in the draft and the guy who drafted him is picking inside the top 10 again. #becausejaguars

So they're eating the $16.5m cap for 2019.

Welp, hopefully we can trade back in the first round because we're going to need all of the draft picks we can get.

Them eating his money is why they likely wont do much else in FA.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Back to ripping cigs on construction sites for Blake then?

So them not doing a post June 1st cut basically mean were done in FA?
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I wonder if he'll end up with the Buccaneers now. Arians doesn't really know what he has in Winston at the moment. Could make for an interesting training camp.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-13-2019, 08:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I wonder if he'll end up with the Buccaneers now. Arians doesn't really know what he has in Winston at the moment. Could make for an interesting training camp.

Bortles and Winston are basically the same. Would be fun to see them battle it out.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 08:22 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

(03-13-2019, 08:16 PM)Protozoa Wrote: So them not doing a post June 1st cut basically mean were done in FA?

Cutting him frees up 4.5 M right now.

If another team signs him we get cap credit up to 6.5M for next year's salary cap.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ning-foles
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-13-2019, 08:20 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:16 PM)Protozoa Wrote: So them not doing a post June 1st cut basically mean were done in FA?

Cutting him frees up 4.5 M right now.

If another team signs him we get cap credit up to 6.5M.

If he signs somewhere for say 7M this cut would have freed up 11M.

The cap credit would be on the 2020 cap, not the 2019.

(03-13-2019, 08:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:20 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Cutting him frees up 4.5 M right now.

If another team signs him we get cap credit up to 6.5M.

If he signs somewhere for say 7M this cut would have freed up 11M.

The cap credit would be on the 2020 cap, not the 2019.
Correct will edit.

Hoping he gets a good deal elsewhere for his sake and for the offset to our cap hit.

While I don't like losing the extra possible cap space for this year I'm happy that this chapter will be closed by this time next year.

(03-13-2019, 08:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Couldn't find a trade partner for a #3 pick in the draft and the guy who drafted him is picking inside the top 10 again. #becausejaguars

Yes, but the Dow is up 148 points today !!!  Go Jags
I laughed.

And there it is. It was a wild ride with more bad memories than good but oh how sweet those highs were. HOF caliber human and personality too.

Will root for him the for rest of his career/life but also very relieved he's finally gone, the writings been on the wall since 2016 with regards to his actual QB play.

Slainte blake!

(03-13-2019, 08:25 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: While I don't like losing the extra possible cap space for this year I'm happy that this chapter will be closed by this time next year.

The problem is, this is a chapter in the book of David Caldwell, which means there is another chapter right behind it.

I thought the front office said the phone was ringing off the hook. Lol

Blake was nothing but class his entire time here.

Tough as they come and took a bunch of crap from the media etc etc that he didn't deserve. You'd be hard pressed to try and find another QB who got as openly and publicly bashed as Bortles. Yet all he did was shrug it off and move along about his business.

Long live The BOAT. I wish him well.

Thanks for the high points Blake, unfortunately too many lows.