Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Released. Not Post June 1st designated.

He'll always have a special part of my Jags memories reserved for him and 2017. Such a gent too.

Looking forward to Foles coming in and us finally expecting to see some clutch QB play in the 4th quarter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 09:45 PM by snowwolf776.)

(03-13-2019, 08:34 PM)jagshype Wrote: a chapter ends, and another begins

Foles will end his same way bortles did here. no QB can make it without a offenssive line. Jags don't have one right now. they even let go of serveal offenssive linmand today before signing foles. 

I hope foles proves me wrong,but he a highly overated qb who was the back up to wentz.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

It's sad, people like Blake Bortles who are genuine great guys and you want to keep around in your locker room don't have the on the field talents to stick around.
Meanwhile half the people with generational talent can't pull their head out of their butt long enough to use it.

(03-13-2019, 09:16 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:34 PM)jagshype Wrote: a chapter ends, and another begins

Foles will end his sae way bortles did his. no QB can make it without a offenssive line. Jags don't have one right now. they even let go of serveal offenssive linmand today before signing foles. 

I hope foles proves me wrong,but he a highly overated qb who was the back up to wentz.

If it is, it shall be
The boat will sink, the boat will float, or maybe the boat will sail. 
Enjoy the Boat Ride

(03-13-2019, 09:28 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: It's sad, people like Blake Bortles who are genuine great guys and you want to keep around in your locker room don't have the on the field talents to stick around.
Meanwhile half the people with generational talent can't pull their head out of their butt long enough to use it.

There's nothing wrong with Bortles talent as such it flashes all the time. Is he the hardest worker off it? Only the team would know.

It also doesn't help that he had limited talent around him either.

He hasn't done enough to keep him in theso called franchise QB position but his talent will keep him around. Let's not forget Gabbert has had starts and beaten the jags since and Bortles is twice the QB.

Best of luck to him.

And here's hoping Foles (or someone else) soon breaks his team single-season TD record and single-season Passing Yards record.

Loved the dudes personality and drive but his game frustrated the crap out of me. Best of luck on one of the Florida teams.

P.S. This new avatar is going to suck!!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(03-13-2019, 08:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:20 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Cutting him frees up 4.5 M right now.

If another team signs him we get cap credit up to 6.5M.

If he signs somewhere for say 7M this cut would have freed up 11M.

The cap credit would be on the 2020 cap, not the 2019.

This is the first I’m of hearing this.  I was under the impression the Jags would be able to recognize the offset immediately though thinking it through I could see why it’s done as you suggest it is.  Do you have a link to where’s this is explained?

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 10:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

Good luck, Blake! Loved the 2017, what a fun season. You gave us more than any of the other QB's we've had in he last 10 years

(03-13-2019, 10:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The cap credit would be on the 2020 cap, not the 2019.

This is the first I’m of hearing this.  I was under the impression the Jags would be able to recognize the offset immediately though thinking it through I could see why it’s done as you suggest it is.  Do you have a link to where’s this is explained?

I seen it on twitter..

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...1853984768

Salute BB5...2017 will always be remembered....Welp, here we go
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

good luck BB5 hope you find a coach who knows how to use you

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 11:51 PM by haveaseat.)

I don't get it. He was a great guy but an awful QB. There were games he struggled to make it past the 50 yard line. The batted balls, the turnovers, the wonky throws, etc. Like I don't feel bad. He lasted way too long while leading the league for years statistically in every category proving he was a failure. He lasted way longer than he should have and got more money than he deserved. I don't get the sadness. *shrug*

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 11:54 PM by JagswinJagswin.)

Are the Jags in a win now window or in a get ready for the future mode? It seems to me that every move seems to flip flop the idea. You cut a bunch of people to get cap room so you can sign a 30 year old QB that has never started more than 11 games in a season to a big contract. I agree with all the cuts except 1, there isn't and wasn't a FS in FA that was better at that price. I understand getting Foles, not a huge fan but I get it. That tells me you want to win now, fine I'm in. Instead of saving money to get more talent around him by making BB a post June 1 cut, you take the salary cap hit this year which limits who you can get in FA. My guess is that they are moving that money to next year to sign our big 2 money FA next year. That's planning for the future, I totally get it. The Jags only have 7 draft picks and it's not like they've really knocked it out of the park with the picks. So you are stuck with lower tier FA and 7 draft picks to fill all the holes on this team. I get the individual moves but they seem to dictate different things. I'm sorry, but if you put NF on basically the same team as last year, he's not gonna make it through half the season and nor is he going to do much better than BB.

(03-13-2019, 11:49 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I don't get it. He was a great guy but an awful QB. There were games he struggled to make it past the 50 yard line. The batted balls, the turnovers, the wonky throws, etc. Like I don't feel bad. He lasted way too long while leading the league for years statistically in every category proving he was a failure. He lasted way longer than he should have and got more money than he deserved. I don't get the sadness. *shrug*

[Image: a2cc581e23ade96b69bc94f78ed28689f14a2a0d...7afe6f.jpg]

Good riddance
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Not gonna miss him one bit.

The guy was (at least partially) responsible for more postseason success than all but 1 QB in franchise history. Hard to not have fond memories especially of that year and few weeks. He'll be missed by me and fondly remembered for that. The rest... well I choose to try and forget that and move forward with my life. Remember the happy times