Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Released. Not Post June 1st designated.

How the hell do people contribute our first post season success in years to Blake Bortles? Do you release how how good our defense was that year? Yards allowed? Turnovers? Takeaways? You could've put any decent QB in there and win games. That's the problem with this fan base. They worship this garbage. Blake Bortles was trash and was paid for all the hard work of the defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The offence was top 5 in multiple metrics in 2017...

That was with no notable names at any receiver position for most the year.

He was inconsistent, not trash.

(03-14-2019, 02:43 AM)lastonealive Wrote: The offence was top 5 in multiple metrics in 2017...

That was with no notable names at any receiver position for most the year.

He was inconsistent, not trash.

He was absolute trash and should not be missed. This man had one good season carried by a defense, running game and him throwing crossers and over routes. I'm seriously disgusted this fan base only cares about what a good guy he is. It's why we are viewed as a stupid franchise.

You obviously didn't watch the gabbert era jags when he couldn't move the sticks with MJD running riot.

Now that was trash.

(03-14-2019, 02:55 AM)lastonealive Wrote: You obviously didn't watch the gabbert era jags when he couldn't move the sticks with MJD running riot.

Now that was trash.

So someone being more trash means someone else isn't trash?

I was hoping it would help you differentiate between trash and inconsistent.

Gabbert was always bad. Blake was either good or bad like many average qbs.

(03-14-2019, 03:04 AM)lastonealive Wrote: I was hoping it would help you differentiate between trash and inconsistent.

Gabbert was always bad. Blake was either good or bad like many average qbs.

Bortles leads the league in the worst stats in turnovers and pick sixes. How is that average?

In his 73 starts Blake has thrown 75 picks

In his 54 starts in the same period Luck has thrown 56

So on a per game basis Luck throws more picks. That's in his supposed prime whilst including Bortles rookie season.

But yeah Bortles has thrown the most picks since 2014 because he and a bunch of Hall of famers have played all the games since then

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 04:08 AM by haveaseat.)

(03-14-2019, 03:57 AM)lastonealive Wrote: In his 73 starts Blake has thrown 75 picks

So on a per game basis Luck throws more picks. That's in his supposed prime whilst including Bortles rookie season.

But yeah Bortles has thrown the most picks since 2014 because he and a bunch of Hall of famers have played all the games since then

Are you serious right now? Legit? Would you like me to break down everything? I will gladly do it for you. I will gladly show you why you are foolish. Bortles and Luck don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. It's fans like you you guys who overrate guys like Bortles that make this fan base hated. Its truly disgusting.

(03-14-2019, 03:57 AM)lastonealive Wrote: In his 73 starts Blake has thrown 75 picks

Hey Duval! Stop crying over a below average NFL QB. This is the NFL grow up and act like real fans. Who cares if he was a nice guy or not? Just win baby!!! That is why they built a shrine to Nick Foles in Philly.

(03-14-2019, 04:10 AM)willybill6260 Wrote:

Hey Duval! Stop crying over a below average NFL QB. This is the NFL grow up and act like real fans. Who cares if he was a nice guy or not? Just win baby!!! That is why they built a shrine to Nick Foles in Philly.

It’s called having class, something you apparently lack. Now get lost.

Blake Bortles interception rate : 2.8%
Andrew Luck interception rate: 2.5%

Best QB in the league 6 days a week.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 06:16 AM by lastonealive.)

(03-14-2019, 05:20 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Blake Bortles interception rate : 2.8%
Edit; Big Ben is 2.7. maybe this whole interception thing is a bit overblown

(03-14-2019, 04:06 AM)haveaseat Wrote:

Are you serious right now? Legit? Would you like me to break down everything? I will gladly do it for you. I will gladly show you why you are foolish. Bortles and Luck don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. It's fans like you you guys who overrate guys like Bortles that make this fan base hated. Its truly disgusting.

You were the one who said he was trash because of his interceptions? Not me. Don't get angry at the stats. Luck would own the most picks since 2014 if he played as many games as Bortles

It is easy to see why the front office made this move. Our window is closing and the team is in "win now" mode.  Not only is Foles a good match with our new coordinator, but his experience makes it a safe bet to put us in a better spot to win now. Also, once Nathaniel Hackett was fired, it was already a done deal. 

As much as I liked Bortles on a personal level, lets not forget that game plans and schemes were dumbed down to help him succeed (i.e. shallow crosses, slowing down the game plan, run run run). His mechanics were horrible, and he wasted a once in a lifetime defense. Ultimately, while he had the physical skill set and personality, his deficiencies were to much to overcome.

(03-14-2019, 06:02 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 05:20 AM)JackCity Wrote: Blake Bortles interception rate : 2.8%
Edit; Big Ben is 2.7. maybe this whole interception thing is a bit overblown

Yes HOFer Big Ben. If Blake had played like him or Luck we'd be completely fine with his turnovers

Look I'm as hopeful as anyone that Foles is great.

But Bortles did not waste the D. He was within minutes of the Superbowl. If the ref doesn't blow that Jack play dead he is playing Foles in the Superbowl.

Let's not forget the D played poor against Brady late in the game. Gave up 40 against Pittsburgh and gave up 40 against SF a couple of weeks prior to that. The D hit the wall.

I hate when people label Blake as average or mediocre.

He is much worse than “average”..
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(03-14-2019, 04:06 AM)haveaseat Wrote:

It's actually uber-negative, hateful, harsh-judging fans that do that.  Your posts in this thread are a prime example.  Someone pointed out a legitimate difference to you between "trash" and inconsistent.  You refused to acknowledge it and doubled down on your negativity.  But it's everyone else other than you who makes this fan based hated?  Right....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-14-2019, 06:45 AM)SuperJville Wrote: I hate when people label Blake as average or mediocre.

He is much worse than “average”..

Well we will find out now we have a supposedly good QB.

Should be instant noticeable difference in results.